Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Cannot Log In To Account
Author Topic: Cannot Log In To Account (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jstar
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 7, 2005 09:44 PM          Msg. 1 of 12
I have been using IQfeed all day with Quotetracker. I just closed one instance of QT and opened another instance to set up my charts for index futures rollover tomorrow and cannot login with the IQfeed client. Message says the following,

"Sorry, your Product and/or Service for the attempted login are incorrect. If you have recently changed products, you may also need to cahnge your type of service. Please contact customer service for assistence."

Nothing has changed on my end. I even rebooted my computer with the same results.

What's up with that?

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Sep 7, 2005 09:55 PM          Msg. 2 of 12
I think some program id's were reset. When logging in with my software, it doesn't work, when logging in with QT, it doesn't work, but yet when I log in via the DTN IQ software, it accepts my login.

jstar
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 7, 2005 10:03 PM          Msg. 3 of 12
Thanks for the reply stargrazer!.. Nice to know I'm not the only one :)

romt001
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 7, 2005 10:13 PM          Msg. 4 of 12
Same problem here!

alaindua
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2005 01:26 AM          Msg. 5 of 12
impossible to connect me too !!!
Always same problems !!!
We don't work with this conditions !!!
I seek another datafeed, I'm fed up with it !

alaindua

papyrus
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2005 01:26 AM          Msg. 6 of 12
SAME PROBLEM.

3 days without tradings since September 1 (the 1, 5 and today), that becomes difficult to endure.

act as professional, please.

cmx
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2005 01:33 AM          Msg. 7 of 12
I'm also unable to connect...using IQconnect software...

I get "Failure retrieving login information"

NEVER had this particular issue before...three years now.

DTN/IQ you guys need to get someone available overnight...the markets anf your customers
don't keep "regular business hours"....

This is already costing me money.

dentist007
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2005 02:29 AM          Msg. 8 of 12
me too.

fp
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2005 02:29 AM          Msg. 9 of 12
SAME PROBLEM.

3 days without tradings since September 1 (the 1, 5 and today), that becomes difficult to endure.

act as professional, please.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 8, 2005 06:36 AM          Msg. 10 of 12
Our engineers are looking into this. I am able to login without issue, which may explain why this wasn't detected internally by our monitoring systems. However, the fact that our monitors didn't catch that users are having problems (by monitoring this forum) last night is unacceptable, and we will be taking a VERY HARD LOOK at our processes to find out why and where we failed. We do have staff 24/7 that are supposed to monitor our system and services, but obviously there was a failure in that process.

I will provide an update when I know more.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Sep 8, 2005 07:02 AM          Msg. 11 of 12
It would be good if your 24 / 7 techs could monitor the forums as part of their job function, either by actively looking at it, or via their email. Posting indications of what is happening as a result will keep us informed. I think that will help significantly in managing customer expectations.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 8, 2005 08:10 AM          Msg. 12 of 12
Once again, I am sorry for the issue experienced overnight. The problems were the result of human error while adding authorizations for new 3rd party developers to IQFeed. The result of this error was that any logins from a 3rd party software package with certain characteristics in its name, was unable to be recognized as a valid 3rd party software package. It did not affect DTN.IQ or that of a few dozen 3rd party applications.

The true failure came in our monitoring procedures however (. Anytime changes are made, our operations staff runs through a battery of tests. In this case, the tests didn't happen to cover the 3rd party products that were affected by this problem. In addition, the fact that we don't have anyone monitoring our forums overnight resulted in the lengthy outage for those users.

After this weekend’s problem, I talked to the Manager of support, and suggested that the overnight staff monitor the forums. Unfortunately, we haven't implemented that procedure yet. It will now get pushed faster.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Sun April 28, 2024 1:55 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003