Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Datafeed Wish List »Matlab
Author Topic: Matlab (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)

adrianjm
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 07:55 AM          Msg. 1 of 12
Are there any available connectivity tools between IQFeed and Matlab?
Edited by adrianjm on Feb 13, 2012 at 07:55 AM

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 09:24 AM          Msg. 2 of 12
There are't currently any supported tools to connect IQFeed data into Matlab. However, a solution is being looked at and we hope to have something available in the not-so-distant future. Be sure to follow us on Twitter (@DTN_IQFeed) and we will announce with something is ready.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

tim timmy
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 06:28 AM          Msg. 3 of 12
Yes, please work on this! I haven't been able to find a suitable solution and am doing most of my work in a brute force way. I do a bunch of co-integration and regression work with the econometric toolbox for pairs trading. It would be nice to be able to get IQ feed tick data into the system and easily shift between time frames.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 08:11 AM          Msg. 4 of 12
Both Matlab and IQFeed recognize the demand for a solution and we appreciate the additional request. As mentioned a couple weeks ago, this is being actively worked on and we hope to be able to announce something soon. I will update this thread as well as post on twitter with updates.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

TCust
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 12:14 AM          Msg. 5 of 12
This very intresting function, all 3-d software for IQFeed not have good stock scanners ( screeners )

Matlab have ESignal datafeed

This not difficult for your programmer's and very good for IQFeed Subscriber's

I want RT and History in Matlab from IQFeed

mvvcorp
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 04:01 AM          Msg. 6 of 12
Wow!
waiting with bated breath

sma202
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 07:05 PM          Msg. 7 of 12
any eta on this?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Apr 26, 2012 08:54 AM          Msg. 8 of 12
There is no ETA available yet, but its coming... As MatLab users likely know, they have releases approximately every quarter.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

willpost
-Interested User-

Posted: May 5, 2012 05:24 PM          Msg. 9 of 12
MATLAB does have the commands actxserver, actxcontrol, and registerevent to connect to the COM and ActiveX objects in the developer API. It needs to be called outside a function so it can persist for streaming events.
Edited by willpost on May 7, 2012 at 02:56 AM

jake123
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 11:53 AM          Msg. 10 of 12
willpost, do u have any code for this? I can't wait anymor. I contacted my account manager at mathworks plus IQfeeds and they keep saying with new release. I'm getting impatient. there are matlab codes around for free (like socket listeners.m files) but they are for IB API

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 03:46 PM          Msg. 11 of 12
This was announced on our twitter feed a few days ago.

MATLAB has released R2012b which includes support for IQFeed in the Datafeed Toolbox.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/datafeed/iqfeed.html

altmany
-Interested User-

IQML - IQFeed-MATLAB connector

Posted: Aug 2, 2018 05:47 AM          Msg. 12 of 12
For anyone using MATLAB, an alternative Matlab connector to IQFeed is available: IQML.

IQML supports IQFeed's entire API, is optimized for run-time performance (speed) and reliability, and comes with extensive documentation. IQML works with the core Matlab; no toolbox is required. It works on all Matlab releases since R2008a, on both Windows and Mac, using IQFeed 5.0 or newer. IQML is actively maintained and supported; feedbacks welcome.

Main features include:
  • support for both blocking or non-blocking (streaming) data queries
  • current market data (quotes and trades) in snapshot (blocking) or streaming modes
  • live (realtime) top-of-book and Level2 market-depth data (snapshot or streaming)
  • historical and intraday market data (individual ticks or interval bars)
  • fundamental info on assets
  • option chains and futures chains lookup
  • news headlines, story-counts and complete news stories, with user-specified filters
  • user-defined Matlab callback functions for IQFeed messages
  • user-defined alerts on streaming market events (news/quotes/interval-bar/regional triggers)
IQML was developed independently as a commercial 3rd-party product; it is not affiliated with MathWorks or DTN.

As a late-comer competing with an existing product, IQML offers advantages in functionality, performance, reliability, documentation, support, and cost-effectiveness. Give it a try and check for yourself.

http://IQML.net
https://UndocumentedMatlab.com/IQML

- Yair
IQML - IQFeed-Matlab connector
https://UndocumentedMatlab.com/IQML

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 4:14 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003