Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »multiple client programs connected to iqfeed
Author Topic: multiple client programs connected to iqfeed (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)

borsaci
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 21, 2014 11:30 AM          Msg. 1 of 13
I am trying to have two programs that both connect to IQFeed at the same time.
One is Neoticker, the other is Pracplay/Tradelink that has a iqfeed connector built

When I try to connect with Tradelink and Neoticker is already connected, I cannot connect.
However when I do the reverse order, Neoticker can connect fine and they are both pulling data.

I assume therefore the problem is with the Tradelink connector not handling the fact that Neoticker already has loaded iqfeed and is logged in.

We get an error in the Tradelink connector log as such:
 235530: l1 error: The IAsyncResult object was not returned from the corresponding asynchronous method on this class.
Parameter name: asyncResult at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult, SocketError& errorCode)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at IQFeedBroker.IQFeedHelper.OnReceiveData(IAsyncResult result)

Can you advise how to allow for supporting existing connections in the code?

thanks

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 21, 2014 01:46 PM          Msg. 2 of 13
There is nothing in the client that would cause this behavior. I am afraid Tradelink will have to be your next step in troubleshooting this. There is no limit on number of connections to the IQFeed client, so I am not sure what they are trying to do that causes this.

Tim

borsaci
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 12:02 AM          Msg. 3 of 13
can Tradelink/Pracplay post here to get support for what to do in their code?
or is there a different channel for this?

thanks for your reply

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 07:57 AM          Msg. 4 of 13
Hello Borsaci,

Do you have a contact for their developers? I would be happy to send them an email on your behalf concerning your issue that we discussed via email.

Tim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 08:04 AM          Msg. 5 of 13
I found it, I'll send a question their way.

borsaci
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 08:10 AM          Msg. 6 of 13
support@pracplay.com

However I'm working with them directly, and they also have a login on the forum. I can have them reply to this thread if that's better.

thanks

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 08:12 AM          Msg. 7 of 13
Great, please do so, if they have any questions for me I would be happy to help.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 08:16 AM          Msg. 8 of 13
btw, which version of Neoticker do you have?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 08:44 AM          Msg. 9 of 13
Another point, just so you aware, is that this could have nothing to do with Pracplay. Neoticker may be doing something that is throwing off the synchonization of the sockets between the send and receive function calls. I just did a brief search and found an article that discusses this behavior and error.

I can't confirm that this is what is happening, given that I have no access to their code, but it seems reasonable to the sypmtoms you are seeing. If nothing else, it certainly would deserve research as a possible cause.

http://rajputyh.blogspot.com/2010/04/solve-exception-message-iasyncresult.html

borsaci
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 09:05 AM          Msg. 10 of 13
I'm on Neoticker v4.60 Build 4

I'll check out the link shortly. thanks

borsaci
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 10:31 AM          Msg. 11 of 13
if the problem is in fact Neoticker, then i'm guessing i'd have issues in the case where I turn on the Tradelink connector before Neoticker.
So far doing this seems to allow both to run fine together with the IQFeed client.

My hunch, and it is just that, is that the Tradelink connector is trying to load IQFeed client again which poses a problem since it's already loaded and authenticated.

I will ask Pracplay support to weight in.

borsaci
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 08:03 PM          Msg. 12 of 13
To remove Neoticker from the equation I was able to reproduce the issue with the Tradelink connector by simply starting the iqfeed client from the iqlink launcher then trying to connect with the Tradelink connector.

So I think somehow it is not detecting that the iqfeed client is already logged in.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 07:14 AM          Msg. 13 of 13
Good to hear that you could eliminate them from the puzzle, Pracplay emailed me and said they believe they have a handle on this as well, but will contact me if I am needed as well. Let us know how it goes.

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 4:39 PM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003