Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: DTN_Tim Walter
About Contact
Last Post: May 24, 2018 09:47 AM
Interests:
Email: tim.walter@dtn.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
DTN_Tim Walter has contributed to 1160 posts out of 18501 total posts (6.27%) in 4,416 days (0.26 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Not receiving any data from any iqconnect port May 24, 2018 09:47 AM (Total replies: 1)

Good morning,

To my knowledge, as long as that heartbeat is being sent from 9300, and it is sending "Connected" as opposed to "Not Connected" there should not be any need to restart IQ. I have seen individual history requests drop, but never in a pervasive manner and certainly not when the level one connection remained.

If that is what you are seeing, I would appreciate if you could try to get me a log. Just enable the lookup logging via the diagnostics app (in the Start menu), and email the resulting log to us so I can try to help understand what is happening.

Everything account related looks fine on my end. And, FYI, it is very seldom we would ever shut off a client, but in the event someone's code runs wild and starts doing weird things, we would most certainly call.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical options data May 22, 2018 01:45 PM (Total replies: 4)

Good afternoon,

It is trades only as well.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical options data May 21, 2018 09:29 AM (Total replies: 4)

Good morning,

That is correct, around that time we switched to the OSI symbol standard. Prior to that, symbols were reused and old data was deleted.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » LabelAtBeginning on Linux May 14, 2018 08:43 AM (Total replies: 1)

Good morning Alex,

Are you speaking about the beta version? What were the issues you ran into?

Tim

Good morning,

I do not foresee a native Linux app happening soon, but it remains something we would like to do. We have a large number of users who have had luck using WINE as an interim solution though so hopefully that might be an option you could consider.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Trade types May 9, 2018 02:09 PM (Total replies: 8)

The exchange will occasionally send a volume update that will include any trades that are not in the regular feed. It will also reference any changes to the previously totaled volume due to corrections they may have sent.

With futures specifically, sometimes the unseen volume comes from spread trades and things like that. But, I do think these are often ignored in peoples's feed handling.

Tim

Good morning,

Sorry, yes we are looking into this, but I have not found the answer yet. We will find out where that extra digit is being truncated and get it written up for resolution.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Trade conditions May 7, 2018 06:57 AM (Total replies: 1)

Good morning,

I tried to go back and look at this, but unfortunately we do not save that original message from the exchange for very long, just due to the volume of data that equity options have. I am fairly confident that was what we were sent by the exchange, since we do not have any code that inserts, deletes, or changes trade conditions.

I wish I could provide some more detail/evidence to support my claim, but if you continue to see issues let us know and we can try to do some additional debugging.

Tim

We are getting closer to being able to help this and I believe that the lists we will be returning will have the price and volume. So you should be able to create something to parse out the values you care about without much trouble.

We may be able to build in the filtering for you, but it would be in a subsequent release I think. We'll get it on the books for you though.

As to the time frame for the first poster, within the next month or two is probably reasonable to expect.

Thanks for the idea and your business.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Symbol suffix for 'rights' May 3, 2018 01:18 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hello,

It looks like that is GUT.R

Let us know if you run into anything else.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Daily not adjusted close price May 3, 2018 08:40 AM (Total replies: 1)

Good morning Ondrej,

I am sorry, we do not have non-adjusted daily data available at this time. You could build bars from the underlying minute data if you need this, nowhere near as convenient I know, but I think that is the only path I could offer.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Price change updates after market close May 2, 2018 06:59 AM (Total replies: 2)

Good morning,

I think you have the fields that you need for this already. I would probably just have some code that says

if TradeDate != SettleDate
use LastPrice
else
use SettlePrice

This way as soon as the current day's settle comes in, your code will just toggle over to the fields that you want and inherently ignore the additional regular trades.

But, many things do trade overnight as well, and if you want to start reading in C trades again later the same day, the logic above will miss that. So alternatively,

if (TradeDate != SettleDate) || (DateTimeOfCurrentDay > DateTimeOfNextOpen)
use LastPrice
else
use SettlePrice

We do not have the market hours in our API feed, so you would want to get the market hours from the contract specs or from these pages where we have compiled some of that info for you.

CME: http://www.iqfeed.net/symbolguide/display.cfm?eight=0800A96A.cfm&six=06000429&title=DTN%20-%20CME%20GROUP%20TRADING%20HOURS
NYMEX/COMEX: http://www.iqfeed.net/symbolguide/display.cfm?eight=0800A970.cfm&six=06000429&title=DTN%20-%20NYMEX%2FCOMEX%20TRADING%20HOURS

Hopefully, one of those scenarios will match your need, but let me know if you have any questions.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » SPY historical Apr 30, 2018 12:58 PM (Total replies: 1)

Good afternoon,

We limit tick requests to 8 calendar days during market hours. Just try the request after 4pm and you can see the full data.

Tim

It is, and a good catch that he could retrieve the data in that way.

The problem with not clearing those fields is that if a last exists, uncleared, and it doesn't trade right away in the morning, someone can confuse yesterday's data with today's. We keep the last price in the close field of the level one data, but we don't have previous open, high, low, etc yet.

Bid and ask prices are cleared by the exchange usually, so we could not keep those I do not think.

Tim

Hello,

There are daily requests that can be made that are documented at the link below that will meet your requirement without having to do any time filtering. But, intraday requests are always based on the unadjusted data.

http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/HistoricalviaTCPIP.cfm

Just make sure you are logged in to the developer site when you click the link or you will not get the anticipated page.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » chronological order of ticks received? Apr 19, 2018 04:41 AM (Total replies: 1)

Good morning,

Yes, trades per symbol, should be chronological.

Tim

Good morning,

I have seen this happen, but have not been able to track down the specifics to recreate it and resolve it. It is something we have discussed, but at this time, the best answer I have is to simply re-request when a socket error comes up. We are working on solutions currently that will improve this process I think and hopefully we will be able to discuss those enhancements soon.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Interval L1 Update data Apr 12, 2018 12:05 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hello Rich,

There is not currently, but I believe some sort of snapshot would make a lot of sense and bring some solid value to the table for you and others. I will make sure your request gets logged so that we can consider it in a future build.

Thanks for the idea.

Tim

Good morning,

Just a point of clarification, we are not going to have historical chains even when the currently planned changes are done. We do plan on providing an expired symbols list that you can parse, most likely as a download from our website, but that work is not complete yet.

I will try to get an update on the status for you and let you know.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Apr 9, 2018 08:20 AM (Total replies: 26)

Sorry, this was a correction sent to us by the exchange and it is processed completely different than the live stream. I'll get this on the books for us to fix this as well. Sorry that we didn't catch this on the initial work.

Tim

Time: Sun May 27, 2018 3:09 AM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003