Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on Various DTN Products:
DTN IQFeed | DTN ProphetX | DTN Ag | NxCore
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: DTN_Tim Walter
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 17, 2017 11:40 AM
Interests:
Email: tim.walter@dtn.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
DTN_Tim Walter has contributed to 1021 posts out of 17983 total posts (5.68%) in 4,109 days (0.25 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Thanks for the assist on this taa daa. You are correct I think everything is working as designed here.

Though you would not get connected at all if it was firewall, and an issue where WINE was failing would look different as well. I think if you open a socket to port 9300 to hold the feed open you will see this behavior stop. As taa daa mentioned, you could also open IQ WatchQuote and you will be able to test and see that things are working as designed.

Tim

Good morning,

There was a bug in our system that was allowing these to be pulled without the appropriate permissions. But, it should be the same for tick and daily, we will look into that. But going forward, just contact our sales/service team and they can help add the CBOE indicies to your account or you can add them via the website (link below) and then things should work as expected.

Tim

https://my.telventdtn.com/storefront/login?ReturnUrl=%2fstorefront%2fcustomer%2fServiceSummary%3f

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, at this time requesting each is the only way to retrieve this data. We understand that this will cause you to have to rotate through a large list and we are working on ways to improve this. But, I do not have an ETA on when that work will be completed.

However, when completed, I believe one request will give you what you are looking for. When we get to a testable point, we will email all of the active developers so you can download the beta and start using it.

I do not expect it to be soon, but it is something that we do know about and we are working to improve it. So for now, go ahead and loop through them and we'll work to get you something better as soon as we can!

Thanks,
Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Fast market probelm Jun 28, 2017 11:35 AM (Total replies: 3)

Many people watch 1800 symbols without issue, so it is certainly doable. So don't worry, we can get this.

Are you printing messages to a console somewhere? If so, that is the first thing that will have to go. Other things include inserting or writing on each update, build a 1000 or so messages before doing a batch insert. Basically, anything that happens between read of the socket 1 and read of the socket 2 needs to be looked at and considered. If there is any heavy processing happening between those, you would want to move that to a separate thread.

If you have more specific questions you can also reach me at the email listed at the bottom of this page, https://www.iqfeed.net/dev/main.cfm

Tim

Data and Content Support » how to lookup weekly options symbols? Jun 28, 2017 08:40 AM (Total replies: 2)

The weekly items are included in those returns. The expiration date is included in the symbol. Here is an example of symbols for a July request on GOOG.

GOOG1707G930 July 7, 2017
GOOG1714G930 July 14, 2017
GOOG1721G930 July 21, 2017
GOOG1728G930 July 28, 2017

Tim

Good evening,

What you are looking for is not part of our API. If you would like to be able to pull in data, like that NXCore may be the way for you to go, though I am not terribly familiar with it. If you contact our sales team in the morning, they would be able to get you the details.

Tim

It is something that is on our books to add support for, but I do not have an ETA on it yet. We will definitely send out an update to all registered developers when this functionality is added.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Disconnection from IQConnect.exe Jun 23, 2017 11:03 AM (Total replies: 10)

Your certainly welcome. Glad we could track it down. Best of luck.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Disconnection from IQConnect.exe Jun 23, 2017 11:00 AM (Total replies: 10)

As many apps as you like can use your product ID. But, you will require two user IDs for this scenario. Exchange agreements do not allow for any single user ID to be able to access data in multiple places at the same time. So just contact our sales team and they can help set that up for you.

Tim
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on Jun 23, 2017 at 11:01 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Disconnection from IQConnect.exe Jun 23, 2017 10:14 AM (Total replies: 10)

It appears you are logging in on two separate machines and the second is bumping off the first.

If you are not doing this, just let us know and we will reset your password.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Disconnection from IQConnect.exe Jun 23, 2017 09:45 AM (Total replies: 10)

If that is what is happening, it would be a bug that we would need to look at. But, if you can send me the log I can verify what is happening and try to re-create it. Without that, anything I could say would be a guess at best.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Disconnection from IQConnect.exe Jun 23, 2017 08:05 AM (Total replies: 10)

Good morning,

The best thing that we could do to start debugging, is after the next disconnection, is to email us your log file from the Documents\DTN\IQFeed folder (before you restart). If you need any help with this just let us know.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » bar data questions Jun 16, 2017 08:06 AM (Total replies: 2)

Good morning,

Unfortunately, the answer to both questions would be no. You would have to build the mid from the high + low/2 to get a mid and then adjust the timestamps by subtracting the interval to have them be begin times.

Sorry, I could not be of more help,

Tim

Data and Content Support » Market symbols zip file seems to be corrupted Jun 6, 2017 08:07 AM (Total replies: 2)

Good morning, that file was automatically re-created at 4:30 this morning. Could you please try to re-pull the file? It seems to be working correctly now.

Tim
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on Jun 6, 2017 at 08:08 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Different percent held by institutions stats Jun 5, 2017 11:23 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hello,

I was able to confirm that I see the differences, so we will investigate that and let you know the results.

Tim

Good morning,

It appears that you are not setting your protocol for the connection correctly. There are details on how to do this available here, https://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/IQFeedProtocols.cfm, you will need to use the latest protocol in order to receive microsecond data.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments May 22, 2017 08:02 AM (Total replies: 26)

Hello,

It is a project we continue to work on and have completed several pieces of, but there are challenges, as you know, to unraveling our data to an un-adjusted state and I don't have an ETA on when those steps will be completed.

Tim

Data and Content Support » minute bars from tick data May 18, 2017 08:11 AM (Total replies: 9)

Nope, but you can edit it. :)

Data and Content Support » minute bars from tick data May 17, 2017 10:51 AM (Total replies: 9)

I found this link which look like it matches what you want.

https://www.nyse.com/publicdocs/ctaplan/notifications/trader-update/cts_output_spec.pdf

I do not have a full listing of these.

We would use the consolidated.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Delisted Stocks May 17, 2017 08:09 AM (Total replies: 7)

Just to elaborate further on our process in regards to the history of deleted symbols.

We generally do not delete any history unless a symbol is re-used or moved to a new symbol. Once it has, the old data is no longer available from our system.

So, if you know the symbol to look for it should be there if it has not been re-used, but as Mark mentioned, we do not have a lookup for these expired symbols, so you would need to know the symbol to have a chance of finding the data.

Tim

Time: Mon July 24, 2017 3:39 AM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003