Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on Various DTN Products:
DTN IQFeed | DTN ProphetX | DTN Ag | NxCore
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: DTN_Tim Walter
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 01:00 PM
Interests:
Email: tim.walter@dtn.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
DTN_Tim Walter has contributed to 1103 posts out of 18310 total posts (6.02%) in 4,287 days (0.26 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Not receiving NASDAQ historical EOD data Yesterday @ 01:00 PM (Total replies: 1)

Good afternoon,

Nasdaq has a number of markets that report up through it and those underlying markets are where most of the symbols will originate. The majority of NASDAQ activity is done through listed market 21, NGSM. Perhaps that is the confusion? I would expect that you should have delayed access to most everything as is, but if you need real time that can be added via the IQFeed website.

https://my.telventdtn.com/storefront/login?ReturnUrl=%2fstorefront%2fcustomer%2fServiceSummary%3f

Tim

Do you have an example of the requests you are making and the failed message you received?

Tim

Just realized I didn't get the link pasted in before, here it is.

-deleted-

Tim
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Jan 7, 2018 at 08:40 PM

Good evening,

I was looking for your account and could not track it down, could you send that over to the developer support email address please. Or, you can just submit one via this link.

Thanks,
Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments Jan 3, 2018 08:47 AM (Total replies: 36)

Good morning,

We have continued to process these when customer demand has been present, so I do not have a specific date for you of when the last time was. I will say the last ones that I know of were, one in 2016 and two in 2014, but the potential for me to have missed one certainly exists.

We realize this is not the answer that you want or need. But, we do have multiple avenues being explored to attempt to enhance our offering to better meet your need. There is simply not an easy answer that is available to us currently and it will take more time to resolve. I do not know how much more time that will be.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments Dec 27, 2017 08:54 AM (Total replies: 36)

Good morning,

The ability to tailor history to meet personal desires for dividend and split inclusion is certainly something we would like to add. We are actively looking at methods to resolve the gap between what we currently have and what you and others are asking for, but that work is just not ready to release. As soon as we have something we will post it, but there is nothing immediate that I can offer you to resolve this.

Tim

Data and Content Support » pre-open Total Volume Dec 27, 2017 08:35 AM (Total replies: 3)

We apply these items to our historical data upon reciept, so you can identify them in history by when the volume crosses, like in your case, but there is not a message in the level one data feed to help you process these situations real-time. It is something I will escalate to our product management to try and bring attention to on your behalf for future development.

Tim

Data and Content Support » pre-open Total Volume Dec 22, 2017 10:42 AM (Total replies: 3)

Good morning, Around 9:01 we received a deletion that was sent for a trade of 33472 shares that was originally sent at 08:32:37.827174. It then appears a similar trade was sent at 9:07 by the exchange. The total volume is the currently reported volume at the time of the trade, and that is what caused this apparent overlap.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments Dec 22, 2017 09:34 AM (Total replies: 36)

We do not have these unfortunately.

We are continuing to work towards being able to provide you with un-adjusted data and we will let everyone know how to retrieve it as soon as it is available.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » python proper format to request data Dec 19, 2017 09:46 AM (Total replies: 2)

Good morning,

I just replied to your email, so let us know if you have other questions.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Availability Of Same Day Tick Data. Dec 5, 2017 10:49 AM (Total replies: 3)

Extended trading for U.S. equities continues until 8pm EST. If you just wanted regular trades you could do your request at anytime after 4:00, but you would want to filter any trades not of type C from your returns.

Tim
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on Dec 5, 2017 at 10:49 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Availability Of Same Day Tick Data. Dec 5, 2017 09:06 AM (Total replies: 3)

Tick data can be retrieved at anytime, but to get the full day of trading, it is a per contract item. Some, like Forex trade on through to midnight, equities trade until 8pm, commodities are all over the place for end times. And if you wait too long, then you get ticks that are part of the next trading day. Additionally, with commodities, settles are sent outside of market hours, so if you want to get that message you need to allow time for that. So it really is going to take a little research for each to determine.

In the case of @ES, per the CME website, market hours are 6pm to 5pm EST. And the settle is delivered midday, so anytime after that 5 o'clock time frame should be fine I would think.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Symbol disambiguation Nov 25, 2017 12:13 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hello,

We rename the exchange symbols, when needed, to a unique value so you don't have to worry about that within our feed.

Tim

DTNIQ Client Software Wish List » amd64 version? Nov 15, 2017 04:18 AM (Total replies: 1)

Good morning,

This is something we have looked at, but have always had enough customers using older architectures that we did not want to pull the trigger. I agree, it is certainly due.

I will put in a request on your behalf and we can see if it makes sense to get this added to our queue.

Tim

Hi Matt, The default ports are all set in your registry. You can change them in the HKCU\Software\DTN\IQFeed\Startup folder. All of the default port settings are held there.

Tim

We do recommend loading it each day at startup to be safe, but other than adds and short/long name changes, you should be safe.

Tim

Thanks, I cleaned those up.

Listed markets, trade conditions, and most lookups are all updated on the fly, but normally updates are pushed out over the weekend.

The chains look like they update every morning by around 5 EST.

Tim

Data and Content Support » lower case 'n' message type Nov 7, 2017 09:26 AM (Total replies: 1)

Good morning,

Documentation for this message is the second to last on this page.
http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/Level1viaTCPIP.cfm

In this case, you are correct, it is not found due to a lack of permissions, but you can add the Dow Jones indices to your account and then you will be able to receive it.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Bundled Trades Nov 7, 2017 08:32 AM (Total replies: 3)

In looking at the exchange record, the two trades were received as part of the same bundle and in a single message from the exchange, but the message did include both of the tick IDs that you see. Hence the lack of bids and asks between them.

Tim

Data and Content Support » QUOTE message VWAP data field invalid Nov 6, 2017 01:44 PM (Total replies: 55)

Just wanted to let you know that version 5.2.7.0 is posted now on the iqfeed.net website, so please upgrade to that when you have a moment to do so.

Tim

Time: Thu January 18, 2018 11:45 PM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003