Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on Various DTN Products:
DTN IQFeed | DTN ProphetX | DTN Ag | NxCore
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: DTN_Tim Walter
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 18, 2017 02:08 PM
Interests:
Email: tim.walter@dtn.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
DTN_Tim Walter has contributed to 968 posts out of 17737 total posts (5.46%) in 3,926 days (0.25 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Link problem Jan 18, 2017 02:08 PM (Total replies: 6)

I'd be happy to. I think it would be worthwhile to chat about this together. If you log into the developer website there is a link to initiate a chat on the left hand side. If you can go there and initiate a chat, I would be happy to discuss getting you from where you are to where you want to go at length.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Missing option data Jan 15, 2017 04:19 PM (Total replies: 4)

I do not know how QCollector has configured their software. It may not be possible, depending on their implementation, but you would need to contact them to be sure.

Bids and asks come down a different feed from the exchange then the trades do, so while it is unusual, there are times where they get out of sync. We do not save historical bid and ask data so I do not have a way to go back and find out what the bid and ask were prior to this specific trade.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments Jan 11, 2017 08:13 AM (Total replies: 24)

Good morning,

There are tasks in front of development to improve this, some of which are already completed, but I do not know the schedule that will be used to release these changes. We should have historical split and dividend information available via the API soon though, so that will be a good start.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Link problem Jan 10, 2017 01:33 PM (Total replies: 6)

Are there any references to IQ32.dll in your code?

IQFeed Developer Support » Link problem Jan 10, 2017 07:38 AM (Total replies: 6)

I am guessing this is related to changes from several years ago where the IQ32.dll file was removed from the installer, but I will follow up with a few people to see if that is true or not.

Tim

Data and Content Support » Missing option data Jan 10, 2017 07:25 AM (Total replies: 4)

The volume can be found in non-last qualified trades. In DTN.IQ time and sales, if you go into the settings you can enable extended trades so that these other trades will be shown.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Spontaneous error 'Unauthorized user ID.' Jan 9, 2017 01:51 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hello,

I have found a case, where when you are permissioned for delayed data, instead of real time, you can get this error. We are doing research to understand this bug's full effect and if it will indeed explain the inconsistencies you ran across. We will let you know the results of that research when it completes.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Last price between Bid/Ask range Nov 30, 2016 10:38 AM (Total replies: 11)

Yes, we do send implied trades.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Last price between Bid/Ask range Nov 30, 2016 10:31 AM (Total replies: 11)

The trades do come down from the consolidated tape.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Last price between Bid/Ask range Nov 29, 2016 01:13 PM (Total replies: 11)

All I can say is that there does not exist, to my knowledge, any formula that will guarantee 100% accuracy. As to what they are doing in these cases I cannot say. They might be willing to share their methodology with you, but that is not something I would have access to.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Last price between Bid/Ask range Nov 29, 2016 08:41 AM (Total replies: 11)

I have heard of those kind of things over the years. But, I don't believe that is the case here. I think most people just filter these ticks out of any bid/ask studies.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Last price between Bid/Ask range Nov 28, 2016 12:39 PM (Total replies: 11)

I don't have a rule that I can give you to use that will be right 100% of the time. Corrections will adjust volume dynamically upon receipt, but the exchange does not send the related bid and ask prices on a correction so I have no way of knowing if it was done at the bid or at the ask, so it could have occurred on either side of the trade.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Last price between Bid/Ask range Nov 28, 2016 04:52 AM (Total replies: 11)

Good morning,

I don't know why this occurred to be honest. Normally I would look at the trade conditions to see if it was a settle or something like that, but in this case it was a regular trade.

At a guess, the exchange sent it this way. We certainly receive trades that they later change or correct. It could be this was a tick that was saved in our system and the exchange came back and did a correction on the data causing things to mismatch the previously saved bid and ask values.

There is just not a good way to validate these kinds of things unless we catch them within the first 24 hours.

I am sorry I was not able to be of more help to you today.

Tim

Data and Content Support » HDX returning incorrect year? Nov 21, 2016 10:56 AM (Total replies: 1)

This was a server issue that has been corrected on our end.

Our apologies for the error and slow response.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Problem With HIT Interval Nov 15, 2016 11:01 AM (Total replies: 5)

In regards to minute data, it represents the sum of all last qualified and form T trades for the period given. Other trades are omitted from this number.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Problem With HIT Interval Nov 15, 2016 10:46 AM (Total replies: 5)

It is, but just not during market hours, try after 3:30 CST and you should be fine.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Problem With HIT Interval Nov 15, 2016 10:31 AM (Total replies: 5)

This is because 1 second data is based upon tick data, tick data is limited to 8 days during market hours. Where as 3600 seconds can be inferred from minute data which does not have this restriction.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » ESZ16 is missing intraday back fill for 11/7 Nov 10, 2016 02:42 PM (Total replies: 12)

Good deal. I'll let you know when you can revert, should you choose to.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Trouble downloading historic tick data Nov 10, 2016 01:40 PM (Total replies: 2)

Good afternoon,

During market hours we only have 8 calendar days of tick data available. You can make the request after 3:30 CST and get the older data.

Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » ESZ16 is missing intraday back fill for 11/7 Nov 10, 2016 01:38 PM (Total replies: 12)

Hi Matt,

Since your filter is 000000 - 235959 anyhow, could you just remove the filter times? That should work fine in the interim if so.

I don't have any official ETA yet for you, but I know the fix has been passed over to QA to test, hopefully before the end of the year. But, I'll update you when I learn more.

Tim

Time: Sun January 22, 2017 12:22 PM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003