Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Delayed Data On CLM
Author Topic: Delayed Data On CLM (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 04:54 PM          Msg. 1 of 11
Today I had some trouble closing out positions. Up on examining what went wrong, it appears CLM data was delayed. I have attached the downloaded tick data from today and what I recorded live...quite a lag.

File Attached: downloaded.png (downloaded 1188 times)

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 04:56 PM          Msg. 2 of 11
...and here is the recorded data, notice how the peak at 12 is already behind.
I checked other higher volume contracts I was trading and they were all fine.
This is making me nervous...

File Attached: recorded.png (downloaded 1206 times)

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 12:58 PM          Msg. 3 of 11
A response would be appreciated.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 01:03 PM          Msg. 4 of 11
Sorry Craig, I read it and got side tracked and lost track of it. We don't have any way for only some of the symbols to become delayed. All outgoing data is placed on the same stack for broadcast to your client and is sent in a single thread. Did you happen to check the clientstats for this at the time or do you have your IQFeed log from when it happened?

Tim

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 01:24 PM          Msg. 5 of 11
Do you mean this file?

I also queue all the data on the same stack, and track the timestamps.

File Attached: IQConnectLog11.txt (downloaded 1368 times)

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 01:49 PM          Msg. 6 of 11
It looks as if the same thing is happening today...am I missing something?

File Attached: ss.png (downloaded 1205 times)

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 02:04 PM          Msg. 7 of 11
Yahoo seems to indicate a last trade time of approx 3, the snap quote still shows 14:49 for bid/ask time.

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 02:38 PM          Msg. 8 of 11
Are you guys looking at this? It seems precisely 15 minutes behind.
Edited by Craig on Oct 11, 2018 at 02:38 PM

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 02:39 PM          Msg. 9 of 11
Craig,

That is listed as a NYSE_AMERICAN (formerly NYSE_AMEX) symbol and I don't see that as something that you are subscribed to currently for real time data. It looks like you just have the real time data on Nasdaq and NYSE only. I don't see any recent changes on your account, but if something sounds amiss with that just let me know and we can try to figure it out. Is this a new symbol that you recently started watching?

Tim

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 02:41 PM          Msg. 10 of 11
Ah, that will be it, that's what I started thinking when I noticed the 15 minute thing.
I'll check my subscriptions.

Edit: My bad. I'm just glad it was something obvious :)
Edited by Craig on Oct 11, 2018 at 02:46 PM

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 02:43 PM          Msg. 11 of 11
Yeah, sorry I missed it earlier. There is a delay field that is sent that can be seen in IQSnapQuote. If that field is anything other than 0 there is an exchange permission delay in effect.

Tim

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 3:17 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003