Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Cannot connect to anything but 127.0.0.1
Author Topic: Cannot connect to anything but 127.0.0.1 (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

ers811
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 10:30 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
I'm working with a 500 symbol limit, but there's no way a single computer will handle all the processing of various strategies. They have always been run from different machines in the office. Since I can't load the Connection Manager more than once, I'm trying to just use 1 connection in the house and let a few trading apps connect through it.
I tried this without success:

adminSocket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp);
IPAddress ip = IPAddress.Parse("192.168.1.101");
RegistryKey key = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey("Software\\DTN\\IQFeed\\Startup");
int port = Convert.ToInt32(key.GetValue("AdminPort", "9300").ToString());
IPEndPoint iq_serv= new IPEndPoint(ip, port);
adminSocket.Connect(iq_serv);

The connection manager is running, but it refuses the connection. Does it refuse connections from anything but localhost?

I understand the potential for abuse, but could this be opened up to at least 192.168.x.x addresses so we can actually use our symbol limit?

If we have a machine that runs a strategy on only 20 or 30 symbols, do we need to pay for another login?

Thanks!
Eric

DTN Todd
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 12:14 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
We will look into your request and let you know what we are able to determine

Todd DTN

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 11:18 AM          Msg. 3 of 3
Due to restrictions against redistribution of data, IQConnect is required to restrict connections to the local machine. We (Telvent DTN) have products that are better designed for redistribution but as you can imagine, they are far more expensive than IQFeed.

It is certainly possible to process the datafeed for 500 symbols on a single machine without problems. Of course I can't make any guesses as to the processing required for your strategies.

It sounds like you will need to either use a single machine to process the feed or purchase multiple logins to distribute the workload over multiple machines.

Time: Fri May 3, 2024 10:04 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003