Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: ers811
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 11, 2011 09:08 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
ers811 has contributed to 13 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.06%) in 5,165 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » VERY slow history requests (sometimes) Nov 11, 2011 09:08 AM (Total replies: 12)

The last couple days have definitely been much slower.

We usually budget about 3 minutes for the initial history load before the open. Lately it's been more like 15-20+ minutes.

Was there some kind of throttle put on HIT (and similar) requests?

IQFeed Developer Support » VERY slow history requests (sometimes) Sep 12, 2011 08:30 AM (Total replies: 12)

History speeds are TERRIBLE today... most opportunity comes in these big market days, and we're stuck not trading because 2 days of 1-min data are flowing in a couple symbols PER MINUTE. Apps not even close to loading what they need for the day. Last week was pretty darn decent, but then all the trading opportunity will probably be today, as usual.

IQFeed Developer Support » VERY slow history requests (sometimes) Aug 30, 2011 03:29 PM (Total replies: 12)

I currently just request the entire batch at once, each with a unique ID. Most of... er... much of the time, they just stream in fine. However sometimes there will be a huge pause, sits at, say, 150 received of 500 requested.... then a minute later, they start to stream in again. Occasionally, there will even be an error for a symbol near the pause, although I'll have to check the exact error next time it happens.

If there IS some kind of throttle, it would just be good to know so I can at least stop trying to find a problem. Otherwise I could try something like that re-request.

IQFeed Developer Support » VERY slow history requests (sometimes) Aug 22, 2011 08:47 AM (Total replies: 12)

Are you guys aware of any reason why history requests could be slow?

A particular app grabs a few days of 1-min data for it's symbols on startup, today that was by 8:30 NYSE time.

A lot of days it will blow through a list of around 400 symbols in a few minutes, but days like today, it gets to 125 or so and just sits there. Every once in a while it will trickle in another 1 or 2, and takes FOREVER. This is usually a one-time thing and only needs the data once, I make the rest myself from quotes in order NOT to hammer the servers. UPDATE: once the market opened today, it blew through the remaining 200 symbols.... weird. You'd think stuff would slow down then. This login is on 66.112.156.110

Data speeds to other locations are still fine, CPU hardly used, and have plenty of free bandwidth here. Is this common during high traffic market days? The history has been very intermittent.

Eric

IQFeed Developer Support » Delays fom IQFeed 66.112.148.x data servers Aug 22, 2011 08:30 AM (Total replies: 27)

Pretty good delay here last week too. 10-20 seconds in some cases.

I don't know if this will help, but I went to the IQ Connection Manager and watched the "Market time" field. It would actually lag it's update to the next minute by the same delay as I was seeing with quotes.

Not sure what server I was on last week. Today one machine is on 66.112.156.228

Awesome! Thanks Jay, it is working now.

I installed 4.7.2.0 last night and still see the same missing fields....

Is the 3rd party provider having problems that you know of?

FYI I'm on 66.112.156.220 today.

Just for fun I thought I'd throw a few extra fields in my F parser...

I noticed that "Short Interest" is always blank... is this by design or could there be something wrong?

I don't need it, but I'd like to know something isn't wrong.

v. 4.7.0.9
IP: 66.112.156.228

Thanks,
Eric

IQFeed Developer Support » Cannot connect to anything but 127.0.0.1 Mar 28, 2010 10:30 PM (Total replies: 2)

I'm working with a 500 symbol limit, but there's no way a single computer will handle all the processing of various strategies. They have always been run from different machines in the office. Since I can't load the Connection Manager more than once, I'm trying to just use 1 connection in the house and let a few trading apps connect through it.
I tried this without success:

adminSocket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp);
IPAddress ip = IPAddress.Parse("192.168.1.101");
RegistryKey key = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey("Software\\DTN\\IQFeed\\Startup");
int port = Convert.ToInt32(key.GetValue("AdminPort", "9300").ToString());
IPEndPoint iq_serv= new IPEndPoint(ip, port);
adminSocket.Connect(iq_serv);

The connection manager is running, but it refuses the connection. Does it refuse connections from anything but localhost?

I understand the potential for abuse, but could this be opened up to at least 192.168.x.x addresses so we can actually use our symbol limit?

If we have a machine that runs a strategy on only 20 or 30 symbols, do we need to pay for another login?

Thanks!
Eric

Excellent, that's great to know. For now I'll just request them backwards and reverse the collection before shooting the result to my requesting app.

Thanks!

Here is an example assuming this attachment works.

I did notice that if I do NOT specify the number of bars to return, it works correctly. However I'd rather not spend the time coding all that. In this example, I want the last 120 1-min bars DURING MARKET HOURS. As you can see, it start a few minutes before the close and return everything it has. The filtering has no effect when I tell it how many bars I want.

Eric

Is there a known issue with specifying time and date filters in the History3 COM interface? I'd rather not have to request more data than I need and trim it down after I get it back.

As a quick example I tried to request the last 60 minutes of 1-minute data for SPY.

BeginDateTime = "";
EndDateTime = DateTime.Now.ToString("yyyyMMdd 160100"); // Also hard-coded "20100315 160100"
BeginFilterTime = "093100";
EndFilterTime = "160100";

I keep getting after-hours data. Am I doing something wrong? I see the same results in the IQFeed History Viewer diagnostic app as well.

Thanks,
Eric

IQFeed Developer Support » C# samplem with tcp/ip Mar 4, 2010 07:06 AM (Total replies: 45)

I am also interested in the C# samples. I can slowly decipher the VB but it hurts my soul...

Thanks!
Eric

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 3:50 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003