Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Pete501
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 21, 2008 08:02 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Pete501 has contributed to 11 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.05%) in 5,939 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » I need an Vb.net example Urgent Jun 21, 2008 08:02 AM (Total replies: 15)

.Jeff, it is certainly possible to receive regional quotes from IQFeed, they are simply not turned on by default because most users do not need them and they are very bandwidth intensive.

How can I have the regional quotes turned on?
I would like to have them too if I have that right.

Pete

IQFeed Developer Support » I need an Vb.net example Urgent May 23, 2008 06:07 AM (Total replies: 15)

This is the same chart but in a 15 second time frame order flow

Pete

IQFeed Developer Support » I need an Vb.net example Urgent May 23, 2008 06:04 AM (Total replies: 15)

This is why I need reliable data. And fast .
This is an example of an order flow chart, the speed is not enough for excel because I only get 8-9 updates per second. I hope that in a compile app the speed would be higher using the API .
The blue line is the S&P , the black line is the indicator

Pete

IQFeed Developer Support » I need an Vb.net example Urgent May 16, 2008 03:02 AM (Total replies: 15)

One detail.
The application in vb.net is done to work with Interactive Brokers data feed.
So, what I want to know is if it´s to difficult to migrate it all to Iqfeed.
Are there many changes to do in this case?
I am just insisting in the API due to the trade rate that it might provide me.
Right now using my Excel application I just get 8 updates per second in the spreadsheet which is very poor in a market that has instruments with trade rates of 100 trades per second. I hope that with the API COM I get at least a considerable trade rate of 40 updates per second to each instrument.
For instance, to have an idea of the ridiculous trade rate of Interactive Brokers, they just provide a trade rate of 4 updates per second. If I want to calculate real order flow, what use can I get with a data feed that updates 4 times per second (in snapshot,not real tick)maximum when a instrument like S&P has a trade rate of 100 straight trades per second or more?
IQfeed DDE using Excel gives me 8-9 updates per second which is poor too.

I hope using Iqfeed API would improve this issue.

Pete

IQFeed Developer Support » I need an Vb.net example Urgent May 16, 2008 02:49 AM (Total replies: 15)

Ok, I will subscribe the API just to see the examples.
You assure that getting data via the API is faster than the DDE of Iqfeed?

Pete

IQFeed Developer Support » I need an Vb.net example Urgent May 15, 2008 04:33 PM (Total replies: 15)

Hello,

But do I need to buy the license for one year ? the one that costs $300 or could you post the vb.net source code here in the forum?

I just want to see if he can manage the code, once he gives me the OK I will then subscribe the API. I am already a client of Iqfeed.

Thanks
Pete

Pete

IQFeed Developer Support » I need an Vb.net example Urgent May 15, 2008 12:24 PM (Total replies: 15)

_Can anyone give me an example in vb.net to do a request of the bid or bidsize or ask or asksize using the API ?
I really need this .

For example, imagine that I want to grab the values in real time for AAPL , I would ile to display the data like this;

Bidsize Bid Ask Asksize LastSize LastPrice Volume High Low.

I would like to show this to my developer to see if he can do this .

Thanks
Regards
Pete

Pete

Thank you,

That sound pretty good to me. How can I ask for the trial of NxCore? Or where can I ask for information about that? Could you send me details to my private message box?

Regards,
Pete

Pete

Thank you!

Regarding the latency of Iqfeed, What I want to know is how fast the feed is. Let me see if I can explain. There is a product of Reuters , called , Reuters Data Feed Direct, that costs about $5000 with a low latency of 1 milisecond. You see, this is a fast feed. I doubt that a DDE old technology can pump quotes do Excel faster than 100ms.
This is what I want to know, the aprox. latency of Iqfeed.

Now, I would like to ask you a suggestion for a configuration of a capable machine to run tons of symbols.

I now use a QuadCore 2.6ghz with 4MB RAM and I have internet speed of 30MB/Second.

What machine do you think I have to aquire? XEON ? Dual XEON ? Dual XEON QuadCore 3.0ghz?

Tell me what you think about all this.

Thanks a lot Jay,

Regards,
Pete

Pete

Hello,

I am interested in your product but after reading this forum I realize that Iqfeed has some issues regarding stability in connection and with data ( bad ticks etc etc)

What I want to know is the difference between Iqfeed product and the IQfeed API to pump quotes to Excel. Which one is faster and more reliable? The DDE´s or the API ?
What is the latency of the API ?

I am not interested in historical data using DDE or the API , I just want a Fast Feed to pump quotes into Excel , like : ask, bid , last, volume, last trade , etc etc.

Thank you !

Regards,
Pete

Pete

Data and Content Support » Latency of IQFEED Jan 20, 2008 04:50 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hello,

As a prospective customer of IQfeed, I would like to know the latency of the product.
How fast is the feed?
Regarding the DDE to feed Excel,
Which is the rate of updates? 200ms? 100ms? 50ms? Or less?

Thank you

Regards,
Pete

Pete

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 1:31 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003