Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Which is Faster? IQFEED ou API from Iqfeed.net?
Author Topic: Which is Faster? IQFEED ou API from Iqfeed.net? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Pete501
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 04:55 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Hello,

I am interested in your product but after reading this forum I realize that Iqfeed has some issues regarding stability in connection and with data ( bad ticks etc etc)

What I want to know is the difference between Iqfeed product and the IQfeed API to pump quotes to Excel. Which one is faster and more reliable? The DDE´s or the API ?
What is the latency of the API ?

I am not interested in historical data using DDE or the API , I just want a Fast Feed to pump quotes into Excel , like : ask, bid , last, volume, last trade , etc etc.

Thank you !

Regards,
Pete

Pete

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 05:57 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
The built in DDE function in IQFeed is an application written on top of the API. Since DDE is an older technology, I would suggest looking into one of the 3rd party apps such as QuoteIN or XLQ to pump data from IQFeed into Excel. These products use RTD which will be more efficient.

Latency is completely a function of the speed of your machine and Internet connection. If your PC can process the data quickly, the latency is reduced. IQFeed doesn't purposefully store or queue data, it will process it using as much CPU cycles as it can get.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Pete501
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 01:42 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Thank you!

Regarding the latency of Iqfeed, What I want to know is how fast the feed is. Let me see if I can explain. There is a product of Reuters , called , Reuters Data Feed Direct, that costs about $5000 with a low latency of 1 milisecond. You see, this is a fast feed. I doubt that a DDE old technology can pump quotes do Excel faster than 100ms.
This is what I want to know, the aprox. latency of Iqfeed.

Now, I would like to ask you a suggestion for a configuration of a capable machine to run tons of symbols.

I now use a QuadCore 2.6ghz with 4MB RAM and I have internet speed of 30MB/Second.

What machine do you think I have to aquire? XEON ? Dual XEON ? Dual XEON QuadCore 3.0ghz?

Tell me what you think about all this.

Thanks a lot Jay,

Regards,
Pete

Pete

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 02:14 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Because the latency will vary on differing machines, I have never benchmarked it. However, you have a powerful machine that should work fine. As you mention, you are not going to get 1ms latency. Keep in mind that this is Internet delivered, and you are going to see latency due to your connection alone. This also depends on location in relation to our servers.

You say "tons of symbols".. can you define this? IQFeed has a symbol limit of 1800 max (500 in the basic service). Since you are comparing to a Reuters Data Feed Direct service, I assume you are looking for more than this? If so, I would suggest looking into our NxCore service instead of IQFeed. It is much more efficient when dealing with a large number of symbols. Because it is more efficient I think you will find it to be lower latency as a whole. However, I think you will find that there is no way to pump a large number of symbols into Excel using any feed. Excel just isnt' efficient enough, especially when using DDE.

We offer a trial on our IQFeed, and we can setup a trial of our NxCore service as well. My suggestion would be to trial the service to see if it suits your needs.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Pete501
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 05:01 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
Thank you,

That sound pretty good to me. How can I ask for the trial of NxCore? Or where can I ask for information about that? Could you send me details to my private message box?

Regards,
Pete

Pete

Time: Fri May 3, 2024 12:31 PM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003