Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: indextrader
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 4, 2009 12:15 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
indextrader has contributed to 12 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.06%) in 6,294 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » New Calculated Indicators Mar 4, 2009 12:15 AM (Total replies: 18)

How about breadth stats on the 'Russell 3000'? (the largest 3000 cos. traded in US)
If that's too intensive, maybe a combination of (S&P500+S&P400+S&P600) 1500 issues representing the S&P large, mid, small cap in 1 ?

If you had the capability to produce simple indexes, maybe produce 1 or more 'beta' indexes?

How about industry indexes?

A lot of indexes out there published by Dow Jones, while good for end of day use are garbage for intraday use. They're updated once in 5-10 minutes!

Again, I don't know what sort of capabilities your team has but this area has tons of potential.

I've tried doing some of this myself but for an end-user like me several obstacles prevent it...500 symbol limitation, lack of programming skill, costly undertaking, etc.
I've gone up to the above mentioned 1500 breadth composite using a competitor datafeed but it's never the same as when it's obtained by the end-user by simply typing a few symbols.

Thanks again!
Edited by indextrader on Mar 4, 2009 at 12:22 AM

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » New Calculated Indicators Mar 3, 2009 02:32 PM (Total replies: 18)

One set of breadth indicators which I don't see put out by anybody is 'change from OPEN'

Everyone has an 'advancers-decliners' (from yesterday's close).

What about advancers-decliners (from todays OPEN)?

Do you have the resources to compute simple indexes of 20-100 symbols?

This stuff would be worth extra $$$ per month and can set you apart from competitors.

Eventually, somebody will grab this market. It will be either scanner type services, index 'providers' or data providers like yourselves. Call it data 'customization' but I think a lot of the retail market is just not aware of the possibilities and the current set of data providers have very little imagination.

Thanks for listening!

Edited by indextrader on Mar 3, 2009 at 02:46 PM

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » New Calculated Indicators Mar 3, 2009 02:19 PM (Total replies: 18)

Jay,
I've mentioned this on other forums in the past but I'll bring it up again here. It seems to me you guys in the data business could make a few $$$ more per month by having "premium" content in the form of specialty indexes and indicators that you could calculate and charge extra for. For example, the NYSE used to have a 'high beta' index which many people thought was quite useful. The idiots got rid of it to save a few bucks but it was very useful. There are many others both in indexes and breadth statistics that could be easily done and published. After all, you already have most of the infrastructure. What do you think???

Can you give any reason as to why this is something not worth pursuing?
Edited by indextrader on Mar 3, 2009 at 02:21 PM

Data and Content Support » DTN Calculated Stats and Indicators... Mar 2, 2009 12:37 PM (Total replies: 1)

I'm in the process of putting these symbols/indicators to use but am stumped as to what these calculated symbols mean...

NASDAQ 3RD MKT ISSUES TOTAL ---what's the Nasdaq 3rd market?
NASDAQ COMB ISSUES TOTAL ---which issues are being combined?
NASDAQ NCM ISSUES TOTAL ---what's Nasdaq NCM ?
NASDAQ NGM ISSUES TOTAL ---what's Nasdaq NGM?
NASDAQ NGSM ISSUES TOTAL ---what's Nasdaq NGSM?

NYSE_ALT ISSUES TOTAL ---what's NYSE_ALT?

I really think your calculated symbols have a LOT of use but can someone put up some detailed description of what is really being calculated and the source of the input data, please?

Thank you very much!

Indextrader

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » world index Feb 21, 2009 05:43 PM (Total replies: 4)

Dow Jones publishes a World Market Index updated every 5 minutes.
DTN symbol is w1dow.x

Most data services like FTSE, STOXX, Dow Jones, S&P, Bloomberg have such an index.

Data and Content Support » Latency of IQFEED Mar 11, 2008 01:33 AM (Total replies: 2)

For DDE, I would advise not exceeding 400-450 symbols depending on their activity. A couple of years ago I was able to receive 700-900 symbols via DDE but due to much higher tick/volume activity across the board, my computers can no longer process more than 400-450 symbols.
Edited by indextrader on Mar 11, 2008 at 01:34 AM

Cash data on European exchanges like LSE, Euronext and German exchanges AT AN ECNOMICAL MONTHLY RATE would be great. As it is, I have to have another computer with eSignal (which I don't like to use) just for that purpose.

Thanks!

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » More Cash Markets Mar 8, 2008 11:23 PM (Total replies: 2)

Cash data on European exchanges like LSE, Euronext and German exchanges AT AN ECNOMICAL MONTHLY RATE would be great. As it is, I have to have another computer with eSignal (which I don't like) just for that purpose.

This message was posted in a secure forum. Click here to access the topic where message was posted.

IQFeed Developer Support » Data Bars in Excel Feb 8, 2007 09:48 AM (Total replies: 7)

Jay, thanks for your help on this. Regarding RTD, how do customers like myself currently using your datafeed change over from DDE to RTD? I've also heard of it's better efficiency and have been waiting for some "initiative" on this. Most data vendors it seems mention it, yet do not have a detailed way for customers to use it. What should people who want quotes via RTD do then?

Thanks again!

IQFeed Developer Support » Data Bars in Excel Feb 5, 2007 02:12 AM (Total replies: 7)

Ok, so if I understand both you and Steve are saying that while the DDE quotes you currently offer for Excel are not able to fetch historical data, the data *is* available thru your API if one is competent at programming for it?

In other words, if I wanted historical minute data for 300 stocks for say, 20 days, *on demand* at the beginning of the day, the data is available?

Or would I first have to collect data for ALL stocks for a period of time, store it on my hard drive and *then* access it?

I'm trying to figure out what I CAN and can't do with your data feeds in order to hire the right programmer to obtain the data.

Jay, while ProphetX appears to be a very good program, I need to stick with a data feed for the versatility in programming for "X" factors.

Thanks very much guys. I'd really appreciate a response.
Edited by indextrader on Feb 5, 2007 at 02:13 AM
Edited by indextrader on Feb 5, 2007 at 02:14 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Data Bars in Excel Feb 2, 2007 03:26 AM (Total replies: 7)

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum but I'm looking for ways to input data into excel other than the simple "last" quotes in the sample dtn excel sheet. More specifically, I need a way to format data like the following...http://indextradersmarketideas.blogspot.com/

Doesn't look like this forum allows file attchements and that's the only way I know of to show what I'm looking for. Do I need some "custom" work done? API? Are there developers out there that can do these things economically?

Thank you!
Edited by indextrader on Feb 2, 2007 at 03:34 AM

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 5:32 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003