Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Data Corruption report?
Author Topic: Data Corruption report? (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 3, 2006 01:31 PM          Msg. 1 of 9
Is there a specific contact where we can report data corruption issues? AMZN daily shows a low of 39.80 yesterday, but if you look at the 5 minute data, the low never exceeded 42.74. Tradestation has the same error, so it was probably from the original feed.

DTN_MarketData
-DTN's Market Data Experts-

Posted: Feb 3, 2006 01:45 PM          Msg. 2 of 9
AMZN announced their 4th quarter earnings last night after the Close of trading yesterday. The low was reached in post market trading which is not available on Time and Sales or Intraday chart unless the client is open to receive the data. We don't store that information on our servers.

Side note: For the high/low/close values of a day, we take the Summary message from the Exchange.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 3, 2006 01:56 PM          Msg. 3 of 9
If the low of 39.80 was reached after the close of the day, why would it appear as the low of yesterday?

In other words, during the normal trading session, the low of AMZN yesterday was 42.74. However, the daily data reports AMZN's low yesterday at 39.80. This would seem to be a data error.

Unless the low you're reporting now includes after hours session... In which case, yesterday's low was 37.35.

So, either yesterday's low for AMZN is $2 too high, or $3 too low.

DTN_MarketData

Posted: Feb 3, 2006 02:08 PM          Msg. 4 of 9
I'm sorry, you are absolutely right. Nasdaq does not take into account after hours trading with regard to the High/lows values. I have a call into Nasdaq for an explaination why they have the low of the day so low. I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer from them.

DTN_MarketData

Posted: Feb 3, 2006 02:24 PM          Msg. 5 of 9
I just heard back from Nasdaq and their explaination is less than useful. Basically, the low was set by a Prior Reference Price of 39.80. A Prior Reference Price can set a High or Low but can not set a Last price. Nasdaq agreed with me that the last price never hit 39.80 or for that matter anything lower than 42.74 but according to their rules, this type of trade condition can set the low. They have referred this up to their Market Watch department to review the low for yesterday and to see if a correction should be sent out to Vendors to correct this low. I hope this helps and if you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Mike O.

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 3, 2006 02:26 PM          Msg. 6 of 9
Thanks for the investigation, Mike!

Is there an email address any future data errors should be sent to rather then posted on the forum?

DTN_MarketData

Posted: Feb 3, 2006 02:28 PM          Msg. 7 of 9
This forum is fine, our Market Data department is notified whenever a post is made to this forum and we respond whenever a data issue is in question.

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:08 AM          Msg. 8 of 9
Another data problem: SPY daily (today) shows a low of 123.64, but the 5 minute (and common sense) disagree. :-)

Thanks!

DTN_MarketData

Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:51 AM          Msg. 9 of 9
You are correct the low of the day was wrong at 123.64. It appears AMEX sent out an incorrect low because, most other data vendors are showing the low as 123.64. I contacted AMEX to report the problem and to confirm the correct low. I've also updated our quote to show the low as 126.14. If you have any further questions, please contact us.

Thanks,

Mike O.

Time: Mon May 20, 2024 3:31 PM CFBB v1.2.0 6 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003