Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: FullyArticulate
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 2, 2023 12:44 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
FullyArticulate has contributed to 332 posts out of 21185 total posts (1.57%) in 6,784 days (0.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Miscellaneous Messages » Support for Linux API for the datafeed? Jan 2, 2023 12:44 PM (Total replies: 33)

Scroll up 17 years ago to see my last post on this topic. Still here. Still wishing for it. :-)

Data and Content Support » +HGZ8 seems stuck Jun 18, 2008 04:43 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hmm... Another issue. +HGN8 and +HGZ8 report a settle date of today, despite the settle being for yesterday. If the electronic session closes at 1625, shouldn't the settle date be yesterday?

Data and Content Support » +HGZ8 seems stuck Jun 18, 2008 04:36 PM (Total replies: 5)

Ah! I've found the problem.

+HGN8 reports market is open (1 in field 44). +HGZ8 reports market is closed (0 in field 44).

When the market is open, I use the last, when the market is closed, I use the settle. Hence the reason these two don't match.

Presumably they should both be open or closed right now.
Edited by FullyArticulate on Jun 18, 2008 at 04:36 PM

Data and Content Support » +HGZ8 seems stuck Jun 18, 2008 04:29 PM (Total replies: 5)

Ah, you're right, sorry about that. Semantics changed between versions of IQFeed. Settle used to be 0 until the settle of the day. With the addition of the settle date field, I can work that out in my code.

Thanks!

Data and Content Support » +HGZ8 seems stuck Jun 18, 2008 03:29 PM (Total replies: 5)

Close is shown as 363.10. This can't be right.

According to NYMEX, the "most recent settle" is 372.30, and the last trade is 371.50.

Thanks Loren!

Hi Sarah,

The problem, as you can see from my first post, is that the open interest is radically more than the previous day's open interest + volume.

In other words, say today's OI is 100, and today's volume is 100. The maximum that OI can be tomorrow is 200, right? It could be as little as 0 (if all trades were closing), it could be as much as 200 (if all trades were opening), or it could be anywhere in between.

In the case I mentioned above (and many others), the new OI is dramatically more than the volume + previous OI. Somehow trades are happening which cannot be accounted for in the volume reported by DTN. In some cases, thousands of contracts cannot be accounted for.

This discrepancy makes understanding the flow of money within a stock very difficult. In one particular case, the missing options opening contracts represented, on a notional basis, *several times* the total stock volume of that day. This makes it very difficult to understand that market.

Either OCC/OPRA is giving out radically bad data (which should be identified and corrected for the good of all market participants, including your customers), or DTN is reporting bad data.

The data is essentially saying 1+1=7. That's not good for anyone. :-)

Data and Content Support » RBK8, HOK8 broken Feb 22, 2008 02:22 PM (Total replies: 2)

DTN shows HOK8 has an open, high, low, and close of 2.6823, yet IB shows:
high: 2.7106
low: 2.6593
open: 2.6976
close: 2.7036
last: 2.7036

Similar discrepencies on RBK8 (ohlc are equal)

I noticed this yesterday when PRGS showed up on one of my option scans.

DTN (as well as IB) had the open interest of the March 30 puts (RGQ OF) as 555.

If you retrieve yesterdays historical ticks, you'll see that 500 options changed hands. Even if you assumed all of those were opening new positions, how is the RGQ OF Open Interest now 1554?

If you look at The OCC's history for yesterday, they do not summarize by strike, only by root code. Even if you take all of the put volume yesterday (960 + 842) / 2 = 901, add in all of the previous OI of 555, you still get an open interest of 1456.

At least 98 contracts were invented somewhere.

In addition, I know there were 370 RGQ Mar 25 puts traded. So, you'd get ((960 + 842) / 2) - 370 = 1011. In this case, an additional 444 contracts were invented.

Any insight into this discrepancy?

Edited by FullyArticulate on Feb 20, 2008 at 02:58 PM

Data and Content Support » Eurodollar electronic mid-curves? Feb 12, 2008 10:59 AM (Total replies: 1)

Are the electronic Eurodollar mid-curves available? E0, E2, E5 are, but no @E0. It might be under another symbol, I suppose, but DTN was a little inconsistent in how they named mid-curves. Searching under "mcurve", "mid-curve", and "midcurve", all turn up different products.

If these are not available now, are there any plans to make them so?

Data and Content Support » All optionable hotlists are empty Feb 7, 2008 11:07 AM (Total replies: 4)

Still empty. Any update? This is a very important data source!

Data and Content Support » All optionable hotlists are empty Feb 5, 2008 12:25 PM (Total replies: 4)

http://cgi.interquote.com/stats/ O* (the optionable hotlists) are empty.
Edited by FullyArticulate on Feb 5, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Data and Content Support » No daily history yesterday for Eurodollars? Jan 18, 2008 01:58 PM (Total replies: 1)

@EDH8, @EDH9 (at the least) has no daily history for 2008-01-17.

IQFeed Developer Support » Intermittent Error None symbols Jun 8, 2007 01:47 PM (Total replies: 20)

Will this be fixed in the server release next weekend? I just had to request AIG 8 times.

Data and Content Support » Bid/Asks missing from ICE NYBOTs May 31, 2007 05:08 PM (Total replies: 10)

So, @CCN7 is *not* the ICE contract?

Data and Content Support » Bid/Asks missing from ICE NYBOTs May 31, 2007 04:59 PM (Total replies: 10)

Hi Steve,

I'm confused, am I right with these statements:

- CCN7 is NYBOT floor Cocoa. It should not have bids or asks.
- @CCN7 is ICE electronic Cocoa. It should have bids and asks.

If your data source for @CCN7 is ICE, the bids/asks should be available as well?

Data and Content Support » Bid/Asks missing from ICE NYBOTs May 31, 2007 01:40 PM (Total replies: 10)

I'm sorry if I'm a pain in the neck, but it's time for my weekly "any update" check. :-)

Data and Content Support » Bid/Asks missing from ICE NYBOTs May 25, 2007 12:02 PM (Total replies: 10)

Any feedback?

Data and Content Support » @NQM7 has a low of -7216.79 May 24, 2007 03:54 PM (Total replies: 2)

Looks like it's fixed now. Thanks!

Data and Content Support » @NQM7 has a low of -7216.79 May 24, 2007 12:44 PM (Total replies: 2)

@NQM7 has a low of -7216.79

Time: Thu April 18, 2024 11:27 PM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003