Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »Connecting IQFeed to Amibroker
Author Topic: Connecting IQFeed to Amibroker (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

JaseBond
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 18, 2023 02:38 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
Hi guys. I'm trying to connect IQFeed to Amibroker as a new database. I did not find anything specific to do when I searched the DTn forum or the Amibroker forum. I created a new database in Amibroker following the steps here:

http://www.amibroker.com/iqfeed.html

however, whereas it shows under this link the company names next to the tickers, I don't have that. In the bottom left corner of the Amibroker Analysis Window, the connection status is red. It says:

---------
Pluging Status
Disconnected.

Can not open Admin connection on port 0.
Socket Error code = 10049
This usually happends when IQConnect did not create listening socket properly.
Contact IQFeed support for help.

Use right mouse button to reconnect.
-------
So I tried the right mouse button but nothing changed. I'm not sure where to check the ports and sockets settings. Thanks.

File Attached: IQFeed Connection to Amibroker Issue.png (downloaded 806 times)

DTN_mark_e
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 20, 2023 07:35 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
Jase,
In looking at our connections log, we don't show that you've ever established a connection with IQFeed. Have you installed the IQFeed client?

If you've already installed, please test your IQFeed connection by using one of the apps found in the IQFeed Applications folder that should be on your desktop. Test the SnapQuote and the Time & Sales apps. If only the SnapQuote returns data, not the Time & Sales, then you likely have another software on your machine that is blocking the port we use for history. For help with that, please contact our support directly (chat, phone 800 779 7299, or email support@iqfeed.net).

If both the SnapQuote and the Time & Sales are working and providing data, then this issue isn't with IQFeed on your machine. If the problem persists in Amibroker, you would likely need to reach out to Amibroker support.

Trading Markets Customer Service
800-779-7299 (DTNIQ & IQFEED)
www.dtn.com/trading | http://www.iqfeed.net

Edited by DTN_mark_e on Feb 20, 2023 at 07:35 AM
Edited by DTN_mark_e on Feb 20, 2023 at 07:38 AM

JaseBond
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 20, 2023 06:53 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Thanks it's working now!

Time: Thu April 18, 2024 6:29 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003