Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »symbology of european style fx futures options
Author Topic: symbology of european style fx futures options (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)

borg
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 13, 2005 12:54 PM          Msg. 1 of 16
Are you broadcasting data on the CME European style fx options that trade on Globex? See the following links for the products I am referencing:

http://www.cme.com/trading/prd/fx/eurofxovreopt12163.html
http://www.cme.com/trading/prd/fx/japyenovreopt12164.html

I know that you broadcast the American style options (both pit and globex), but the European style options have been available for a few months.

Thanks.

DTN_MarketData
-DTN's Market Data Experts-

Posted: Jul 13, 2005 01:00 PM          Msg. 2 of 16
Unfortunately, we are not currently carrying European Style Options. I will forward your request to our product managers for review.

borg
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 15, 2005 10:11 AM          Msg. 3 of 16
Can you now provide an explanation of why the option contracts were not added to the broadcast feed? I am not aware of any other CME products that you don't carry. Is this a bandwidth issue?

Thanks.

DTN_MarketData

Posted: Jul 15, 2005 10:27 AM          Msg. 4 of 16
We were trying to gauge the amount of demand for this data before putting additional resources into adding a options with little demand.

borg
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 15, 2005 11:26 AM          Msg. 5 of 16
O.K.. Here is another question which is similar to the fx options question. Next month the CME will add Eurodollar options to the Globex platform. See the following link:

http://www.cme.com/trading/get/sup/glxnews2825.html#OptionsEnhancements

So will DTN broadcast this data when it becomes available? I know that you added the ES, NQ, and ER2 Globex options when they started trading this year.

borg
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 19, 2005 09:44 AM          Msg. 6 of 16
Can you respond as to whether you will broadcast the data?

borg
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 20, 2005 11:22 AM          Msg. 7 of 16
Why you are not answering the question? If you are not going to broadcast the futures option data on ED, that's fine. I will have to make other arrangements to get the data. But I am assuming that you are not arbitrarily making decisions about which contracts to list. So what is your criteria?

marketdataservices? Jay?

DTN_MarketData

Posted: Jul 20, 2005 12:35 PM          Msg. 8 of 16
We are not avoiding the question, I was reviewing the contracts specs. At this point I do not see any reason why we would not be providing this data.

DTN_MarketData

Posted: Jul 20, 2005 02:32 PM          Msg. 9 of 16
Borg,

I've just heard back from our development teams and it appears that substantial development is needed before this option data would be available. I apologize for giving you incorrect information before but development will not be done before mid Aug.

borg
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 21, 2005 12:42 PM          Msg. 10 of 16
I really appreciate your getting back to me. So I guess the next logical question is how long will it take your development team to write handlers to broadcast the data? I know that there will probably be a beta period after development to make sure there are no problems. So can you give a ETA for alpha/beta testing and a ETA for production environment?

Thanks.

borg
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 25, 2005 11:23 AM          Msg. 11 of 16
Any word from your development team? Are we talking several weeks or several months of development/testing?

DTN_MarketData

Posted: Jul 25, 2005 11:25 AM          Msg. 12 of 16
I have not received an official ETA at this time but it looks like it's going to be at least two months of development time.

borg
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 4, 2005 09:33 AM          Msg. 13 of 16
From the CME web site:

Are You Ready for CME Eurodollar Options on CME Globex?

The Enhanced Options System for CME Eurodollars will launch on the CME Globex platform on Sunday, August 14, 2005, creating broader access and round the clock liquidity for CME Eurodollar options.

To date, the Enhanced Options System has only been available to a limited number of users through the CME-provided Enhanced Options System platform. Beginning August 14, 2005, this unique functionality will be integrated into the CME Globex platform, providing CME Eurodollar options traders with the following key features and benefits:

Integration with major ISVs and proprietary front ends
Compatibility with standard CME APIs
Global distribution of real-time market data
Increased liquidity commitments from major market makers
Real-time indicative prices on thousands of complex strategies
Tradeable quotes for at the money straddles, puts, and calls

With the August 14 launch of the CME Enhanced Options System on the CME Globex platform, the following changes will take effect:

The Enhanced Options System functionality, including indicative quotes and RFQs,
will be available 23 hours a day on the CME Globex platform
Some ISVs will not yet fully support CME Eurodollar options trading
- CME Globex Traderâ„¢ terminals will no longer support CME Eurodollar options trading
You will still be able to trade CME Eurodollar options via existing Enhanced Options
System front ends
CME Eurodollar options market data will be distributed via a new CME market data
connection.

Any definitive information on when DTN will be ready to support the eurodollar option feed?

Thanks.

DTN_MarketData

Posted: Aug 4, 2005 09:45 AM          Msg. 14 of 16
We won't be able to support this for at least 2 months. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer but we don't have a hard ETA from Development.

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 19, 2006 02:31 PM          Msg. 15 of 16
Any update on this?

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 5, 2006 12:28 PM          Msg. 16 of 16
European style EuroFX options would be great if they could be added to the feed (GLOBEX XT root).

Time: Sun May 19, 2024 1:24 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003