Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Rollover for EUREX Continuous Futures Contracts
Author Topic: Rollover for EUREX Continuous Futures Contracts (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)

FGBL07
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 02:10 AM          Msg. 1 of 9
You offer continuous contracts for futures traded at Eurex like BD#, XG# and so on.

You roll them into the next front month automatically but you are doing this at the wrong time of day.

I could watch this just now for EX#. Trading at Eurex starts at 8:00 CET = 02:00 EST. EX# shows the data for EXM2, at 9:00 you roll over into EXU2. EX# now starts to plot data for EXU2.

This is not helpful because now I see a drop which does not exist. I already noticed this when the bond futures rolled (BD#).

Please change this and have the contracts roll before 8:00 CET.

Many Thanks.

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 08:17 AM          Msg. 2 of 9
Hello FGBL07,

I was looking at the rollover sequence for EX and saw differences in IQFeed from what you describe. I show that EX# was based on EXM12 on June 14 up until 16:00 eastern US time.
When trading resumed at 02:00 (eastern US) on June 15, then EX# was based on EXU12. That is how the rollover is designed to take place.

Here is a screenshot of time and sales below. If you are not seeing the same thing on your
end, there may be a problem with the database in your software. Please contact us at Support@IQFeed and we will be glad to help more.

File Attached: EXROLL.png (downloaded 1628 times)

FGBL07
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 07:28 AM          Msg. 3 of 9
Thanks for the data. I compared them to mine and it looks like I got it wrong. I thought the large drop in the EX was wrong, but obviously it was for real.

I was mistrustful because on the rollover of the Bund Future - BD - on 07.06.2012 I had seen this behaviour: see screenshot. There is no doubt that for the hour from 8:00 - 9:00 the June contracted was plotted. Though I did not look at (and save) the data. It might be a problem with Sierrachart.

I'll have to watch it at the next rollover.

File Attached: BDon0706and1706.png (downloaded 1602 times)

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 08:05 AM          Msg. 4 of 9
Hello,

As far as I can tell, the BD# rollover also performed the same as the EX# described above. When you do look at the next rollover, you may want to compare the data that shows in IQFeed's diagnostic utility to what you see in your charting software. If there were a difference, then it would be a matter of finding out why the software displays the data in a different way. If you email me at Support@IQFeed.net, I will be glad to email you instructions for how to look in the diagnostic utility. Put Attn: Todd in the subject line.

FGBL07
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 6, 2012 02:17 AM          Msg. 5 of 9
Today I watched the rollover for the BD# contract using your diagnostic utility.

It is like I described earlier in this thread: up till 9:00 CET = 3:00 EST you send data for the September contract and then you switch to the December contract.

This is not useful, trading starts at 8:00 CET and contracts should be switched at this time.

Same applies to the other Eurex contracts like XG and EX (rolling on 21th).

I can upload only one screen shot, tell me if you need more.

File Attached: SNAG- 06.09.2012 08.59.52.png (downloaded 1509 times)

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 6, 2012 10:51 AM          Msg. 6 of 9
Hello FGBL07,

I am looking at the one-minute time and sales data for BD# and the rollover worked, as designed.
On September 5, BD# was based on data from BDU12 until the last data of the session at 16:04 eastern US time.

When BD# opened at 2:02 am on September 6th, it was based on data from BDZ12.

The screenshot of the diagnostic utility that you provided was from 02:59:46 eastern US time of September 5th - long before the rollover actually took place.

I am emailing you the time and sales pictures from BD#, BDU12 and BDZ12 so you can see the data. I hope that will help clarify things.

FGBL07
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 6, 2012 12:32 PM          Msg. 7 of 9
Quote: ....The screenshot of the diagnostic utility that you provided was from 02:59:46 eastern US time of September 5th - long before the rollover actually took place...

This is wrong: take a look at the screen shot again. Snagit automatically adds the time and date to the screen shots I make. The caption clearly says "08:59:52 06.09.2012".

This screenshot was taken at 8:59:52 European time on the 6th of September (that is today). The time corresponds to 2:59:52 EST. And by your own claim you should broadcast the data for BDZ12 at this time.

Please look again.

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 6, 2012 12:53 PM          Msg. 8 of 9
FGBL07,

I see what you mean - I mistakenly took the date from the P line in the utility.
Had the utility been stretched more to the right, the trade date would have shown.
I will ask for more help on this and get back to you here.

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 28, 2012 10:26 AM          Msg. 9 of 9
FGBL07.

I am sorry, but we do not currently have a solution for the rollover problem cited above.
In the meantime, you may want to use both individual symbols on the day of the roll to get
the data that you need.

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 6:10 AM CFBB v1.2.0 17 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003