Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: FGBL07
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 5, 2012 12:55 AM
Interests:
Email: FGBL07@T-Online.de
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
FGBL07 has contributed to 41 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.19%) in 4,614 days (0.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Problem with @TY# Dec 5, 2012 12:55 AM (Total replies: 3)

Sierrachart support has looked into this problem and found a bug in their software.

Data and Content Support » Eurex: Wrong Volume for Bund Future? Dec 3, 2012 10:37 AM (Total replies: 12)

Many Thanks.

Currently I'm using the 156 server. The data are ok.

Data and Content Support » Problem with @TY# Dec 3, 2012 08:22 AM (Total replies: 3)

I have a problem with daily charts of @TY# and @TYH13: Today's date is shown as 2012-12-04.

This does not apply to intraday charts where the correct date is displayed. I don't know where the error arises: from DTN IQFeed or Sierrachart.

Many Thanks

Data and Content Support » Eurex: Wrong Volume for Bund Future? Nov 29, 2012 09:24 AM (Total replies: 12)

Many Thanks for your prompt help.

When I logged in this morning I obviously was lucky because I got server 148.

I could repair my data and everything looks fine today.

Data and Content Support » Eurex: Wrong Volume for Bund Future? Nov 28, 2012 01:08 PM (Total replies: 12)

I have posted the problem in the SC support forum. SC support has looked into the problem.

Please take a look at post #4: https://www.sierrachart.com/supportboard/showthread.php?p=228005#post228005

Data and Content Support » Eurex: Wrong Volume for Bund Future? Nov 28, 2012 09:14 AM (Total replies: 12)

Many Thanks.

Yes, I think it's time for Sierrachart Support to do some work.

Data and Content Support » Eurex: Wrong Volume for Bund Future? Nov 28, 2012 08:53 AM (Total replies: 12)

The price data match except for the close: BD# will show the settlement price while BDZ12 daily will show the real close. That's the reason why I use different charts.

The volumes never are exactly equal - but that is be expected. The large differences started at this Monday.

My suspicion: calender spread trades are reported twice: once for the normal order book and once for the spread order book.

I just took a look at time and sales and some entries look suspicious.

Data and Content Support » Eurex: Wrong Volume for Bund Future? Nov 28, 2012 08:24 AM (Total replies: 12)

I'm sorry, I have been misleading.

When I look at daily charts for BD# and BDZ12 they indeed show the same volume. But the screenshot of the BDZ12 chart I have shown you is a 840-minute chart, that equals to one Eurex trading day. All three charts should display the same volume figure.

Data and Content Support » Eurex: Wrong Volume for Bund Future? Nov 28, 2012 07:44 AM (Total replies: 12)

Hi,

I'm using Sierrachart as charting software. Since two days I see very high volume figures reported for intraday charts of the Bund Future - BDZ12. The continuous contract - BD# - shows only about 50% of this volume. The latter figure is confirmed by the figures shown in IB's TWS.

In my experience the smaller number is correct.

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Windows Searchindex and IQFeed Sep 23, 2012 04:03 PM (Total replies: 2)

Working on a Sunday afternoon? Great!

"..Are you saying it increases the CPU without even running a test symbol in the diagnostics app? "

No, sorry, I was misleading on this. I had entered a test symbol (XG#) and started the test.

I have set the log level now to "0 - no logging" and a first test shows that the Searchindexer no longer stresses the CPUs.

Final test will be tomorrow during market hours.

Many Thanks and have a nice Sunday.

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Windows Searchindex and IQFeed Sep 23, 2012 08:15 AM (Total replies: 2)

I have a problem on my PC with the Windows Searchindex and the IQFeed client.

I had noticed that whenever I run my chart program (Sierracharts) the Windows Searchindex process starts to use an indecent amount of CPU time. In fact it uses more CPU time than Sierracharts.

Just starting the IQFeed diagnostic tool will have this effect, so Sierracharts itself is not involved.

I'm at a loss what setting for the Searchindex I have got to change to stop this.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and IQFeed 4.8.1.7.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks.

Quote: ....The screenshot of the diagnostic utility that you provided was from 02:59:46 eastern US time of September 5th - long before the rollover actually took place...

This is wrong: take a look at the screen shot again. Snagit automatically adds the time and date to the screen shots I make. The caption clearly says "08:59:52 06.09.2012".

This screenshot was taken at 8:59:52 European time on the 6th of September (that is today). The time corresponds to 2:59:52 EST. And by your own claim you should broadcast the data for BDZ12 at this time.

Please look again.

Today I watched the rollover for the BD# contract using your diagnostic utility.

It is like I described earlier in this thread: up till 9:00 CET = 3:00 EST you send data for the September contract and then you switch to the December contract.

This is not useful, trading starts at 8:00 CET and contracts should be switched at this time.

Same applies to the other Eurex contracts like XG and EX (rolling on 21th).

I can upload only one screen shot, tell me if you need more.

Thanks for the data. I compared them to mine and it looks like I got it wrong. I thought the large drop in the EX was wrong, but obviously it was for real.

I was mistrustful because on the rollover of the Bund Future - BD - on 07.06.2012 I had seen this behaviour: see screenshot. There is no doubt that for the hour from 8:00 - 9:00 the June contracted was plotted. Though I did not look at (and save) the data. It might be a problem with Sierrachart.

I'll have to watch it at the next rollover.

You offer continuous contracts for futures traded at Eurex like BD#, XG# and so on.

You roll them into the next front month automatically but you are doing this at the wrong time of day.

I could watch this just now for EX#. Trading at Eurex starts at 8:00 CET = 02:00 EST. EX# shows the data for EXM2, at 9:00 you roll over into EXU2. EX# now starts to plot data for EXU2.

This is not helpful because now I see a drop which does not exist. I already noticed this when the bond futures rolled (BD#).

Please change this and have the contracts roll before 8:00 CET.

Many Thanks.

Data and Content Support » CAC Stock Index Jun 12, 2012 01:11 PM (Total replies: 4)

Good, Many Thanks for your reply.

Data and Content Support » CAC Stock Index Jun 12, 2012 10:22 AM (Total replies: 4)

Oops, that's bad. Had not noticed it when I looked at the data. This looks like a SC bug, though it is strange that it happens for this one index only.

I will check it again.

Data and Content Support » CAC Stock Index Jun 10, 2012 08:35 AM (Total replies: 4)

Looks like there is a bad tick for the CAC stock index. Friday's high is unlikely to be real. See screen shot.

Data and Content Support » Downloading Data via Sierrachart Jun 2, 2012 08:20 AM (Total replies: 5)

I just downloaded the weekly data again and the changes made by Sierrachart seem to work, the charts look alright now.

There is one chart for which the high of this week is wrong by a factor of 100 (decimal is missing): ASX All Ordinaries, Symbol SYDI.X, see attachment.

Many Thanks.

Data and Content Support » Data for TSEC Stock Index Jun 2, 2012 08:17 AM (Total replies: 3)

Just downloaded the data again and the spike has been removed.

Many Thanks.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 1:00 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003