Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »DTN to stop support of old versions of iqconnect?
Author Topic: DTN to stop support of old versions of iqconnect? (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)

multitrak
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 15, 2007 12:56 PM          Msg. 1 of 9
hey jay and co...just saw this on the omega list...any truth to it? i've used the 2.272 iqfeed client with dynastore and ts4 for years and had few problems. i can connect to the 66.112.148 and 66.112.156 server farms just fine. do i need to worry about an upcoming change?

tony

posted today on the omega list:

DTN are stopping to support old versions of IQConnect. The are going to turn off old servers in a couple of days.

Best regards,
Andrew Nazarov
RT Soft Ltd.

----- Original Message ----- From: "randy"
To: "'Omega-List'" <omega-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 5:38 AM
Subject: DTN IQ

I am perhaps one of the few who still uses DTN IQ via Internet with Dynastore for TS2K , since the latest upgrade for DTN I have problems each time I shut down my systems . All my stock symbols downloaded previously for quotes are not recognized anymore. Which means I have to manually load all symbols (equity) in the Dynastore portfolio before data collection can be reestablished.

Has anyone using this setup experienced this problem

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 15, 2007 01:17 PM          Msg. 2 of 9
This is correct.

We have some new servers rolling out in about a week (June 24th is the current rollout date) that will take the place of the 148 and 156 server farms.

At that time, most (if not all) versions of IQFeed prior to 4.0 will stop being able to receive time updates (as well as many other issues that are not entirely known).

All versions prior the latest release (4.2.1.4) will no longer report the correct volume and expiration date.

As a result, ALL customers need to update to the latest release.

We have been activly contacting all customers to get them upgraded and we have been contacting all 3rd party developers to help them get any issues resolved in thier software in relation to the newest versions of the software.

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jun 18, 2007 09:43 AM          Msg. 3 of 9
Hello, just wanted to update you. I do have several Dynastore customers working with the new version with the new version of IQ feed (4.2.1.4). You may need to remove the symbols and re-insert to get it going again, but we have had good luck so far.

multitrak
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 18, 2007 10:19 AM          Msg. 4 of 9
hey sarah,

yeah, i upgraded to 4.2.1.4 on friday (before the markets closed) when i heard about the server switch next monday. the only problem i had was getting all the symbols advised in the dynastore portfolio...i just had to adjust the pause between rt symbols advise to 100ms. so far, everything looks good!

tony

lbfvt
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 19, 2007 08:30 AM          Msg. 5 of 9
no such luck for me & my dynastore tho :(!

where can i get a fresh copy of only the iqfeed download, perhaps?

..because after deleting my old version of iqfeed & trying to install
the new dtniq download, i get the following during the initial iqfeed
part of that install:

Error Creating Process <msiexec /i vcredist.msi>.

..and while the install continued afterwards & the dtniq
portion of it went fine, the following message appears when
attempting to run dtniq as well:

A Required .DLL file, MFC80.DLL, Was Not Found.

..any ideas?

lbfvt

i'm running win98se too, btw - & no intention of upgrading OS either.

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jun 19, 2007 10:36 AM          Msg. 6 of 9
Hello, that error message is directly related to the Windows 98 OS. You will be able to get your Dynastore up and running with the new version if a different computer or OS is available, even Windows 2000 would be an improvement. Windows 98 is unable to load a required file to run IQ with the latest versions.

The only option at this point is to re-install a much older version of IQ feed. I can send you that, however, it will mostlikely not allow you to log in until our new server is released. At that point, I cannot guarantee that it will work at all, but it most likely will to some point. You will be missing your volume, and as far as the quality of information, that remains to be seen.

Please consider updating your OS- Win98 has not been supported for some time, and even Microsoft has not supported it for years. I will go ahead and email you the older version of IQ feed. Please do a complete uninstall of IQ feed, also do a search for files IQ32.dll and IQconnect.exe and remove these if they remain after the un-install. Go ahead and reboot, then install the older version. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Sarah
DTN Trading Markets
800/397-7000

lbfvt
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 19, 2007 12:12 PM          Msg. 7 of 9
d'oh!

hmm, i can prob handle the W2K option afterall tho.

a win98 fix somewhere's down the road would be nice -
antiquated OS's honestly do tend to be otherwise that much
more unproblematic then any of the newer ones, eh 0-];)

will try the older feeds, and may monitor anything that
works after the 24th - the simpler we can keep things the
better - i think - and while i'd lament losing volume, i'd
be happy with nothing more than timely last/price data alone :)

also thanks for the quik reply, sarahs 8)!
lbfvt!

lbfvt
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 8, 2007 09:04 AM          Msg. 8 of 9
...just an update for anyone interested:

-got everything up+running under W2K.

-did get dtniq working on WIN98 with either of latest 2 versions of iqfeed -
dynastore will still not log-in on its own, but will connect once dtniq logs-in first.

...i'm guessing dynastore may work independently on a new, clean-install of WIN98
but won't pursue that hunch any further since we're operational on W2K, eh.

many thanks to all here for their assistance :)!
lbfvt!

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jul 9, 2007 08:10 AM          Msg. 9 of 9
Gald to hear everything is working out for you! Thank you for keeping us updated, and please contact us if you have any further questions.

Sarah

Time: Sat April 27, 2024 8:01 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003