Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: glatiak
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 09:08 AM
Interests:
Revelations In Stillness
Email: glatiak@tekstrat.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
glatiak has contributed to 18 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.08%) in 5,855 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Volume Info for the TSX and TSXV Mar 5, 2012 09:08 AM (Total replies: 1)

Is there an index that provides current and historic volume information for the Toronto Stock Exchange? I have been following C.T0000.X for some time and notice that volumes are not generally reported -- save intermittently for the current day.

Thanks.

GregL

Data and Content Support » Fundamentals for Canadian Equities Sep 9, 2010 03:54 PM (Total replies: 5)

Thanks, Stan.

It would be helpful if there was some info available documenting the limitations of the available fundamental data - i.e. it is pretty much only valid for US securities, for Canada it is probably not valid, i.e. most likely random noise as it goes though the Tandem or Sun boxes at the TSX.

GregL

Data and Content Support » Fundamentals for Canadian Equities Sep 4, 2010 07:29 AM (Total replies: 5)

Folks,

I am working on Saturday morning -- setting up an Excel spreadsheet with canadian equities and I am concerned that I get zeros or other funny numbers back pretty consistently. Are there some issues I need to be aware of?

Using Cameco corporation, for example, I would expect a value around 2.96 for EPS and 0.26 for Div Amt -- instead I get 0 and 0.65.

Thanks.

GregL

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » IQFeed 4.5.0.3 Client Failure Feb 12, 2009 06:29 AM (Total replies: 2)

My software usage is still the same. Visual Trader runs all day, Omnitrader is run in the morning with end of day data then switched to a profile that displays the major market indicators. Symbol demand is constant at 210 symbols (currently). I dont believe that I am doing anything 'unusual' with the feed, just steady use of the two programs with a fairly static collection of symbols.

GregL

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » IQFeed 4.5.0.3 Client Failure Feb 9, 2009 02:05 PM (Total replies: 2)

Just installed the new client, it runs for a while and then abends but can be restarted. I am running on Vistax64-sp1.

The entry in the error log is:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 09/02/2009 2:15:34 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: GNLWS64.TekDomain.local
Description:
Faulting application iqconnect.exe, version 4.5.0.3, time stamp 0x493d2c3f, faulting module iqconnect.exe, version 4.5.0.3, time stamp 0x493d2c3f, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00008cbe, process id 0xed8, application start time 0x01c98ad0e7d71d03.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-02-09T19:15:34.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>1638</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>GNLWS64.TekDomain.local</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>iqconnect.exe</Data>
<Data>4.5.0.3</Data>
<Data>493d2c3f</Data>
<Data>iqconnect.exe</Data>
<Data>4.5.0.3</Data>
<Data>493d2c3f</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00008cbe</Data>
<Data>ed8</Data>
<Data>01c98ad0e7d71d03</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

GregL

It is probably every few days, although in this market I don't really pay much attention to things most of the time. So classify it as an irritation, but not a major one.

Thanks.

GregL

OS is Vista x64 sp1 on an AMD dual core machine with 4gb memory.
Market software is Nirvana VisualTrader 4.0 rel 3N and Omnitrader 2009 rel 2G.
Other programs active are Outlook 2007 (exchange) and two remote desktop connections. Network connections -- local gigabit LAN connected through a SOnicwall TZ-170 to load-balanced internet connections (satelite and high speed wireless).
Machine is configured for dual boot with XP -- Vista is recent addition, had run these programs under XP for some time without encountering this error, although DTN would on occasion just die. On XP, no messages or error log entries, programs would complain that datasource was unavailable. No errors from DTN diagnostics, always checked clean.

GregL

Since moving my installation to Vista64-sp1, I occasionally get a strange problem. A message box pops up complaining that my login id was not found and that IQFeed will exit. It also requests that I call IQFeed customer service. There is a countdown display and IQFeed does exit. IQfeed can be restarted, but my connected programs have lost synch and need to be restarted as well. I find it interesting that this problem only shows up after the feed has been functioning for several hours -- makes me think that the real problem is something else.

GregL

Data and Content Support » No US Volume and Market Breadth Stats Jan 16, 2009 01:43 PM (Total replies: 2)

Is there a problem with the data sources for Tick, Trin and Volume for US today?
I am getting data for the main market indexes that I follow, but there have been no updates for Nastick.z, Nastrin.z, Pcratio.z, Tick.z, Trin.z, Vint.z and Viqt.z. When this issue is resolved, will it be possible to backfill this data?

Thanks,

greg

GregL

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Access violation in Client 4.4.0.3 May 21, 2008 06:01 PM (Total replies: 10)

I am appreciating all the helpful hints, but the problem has never been with IQFeed. I have VMWorkstation 6 -- 5.5 had experimental support for 3d, but as far as I have been able to determine, the configuration changes for 5.5 do not work with v6.

As for the Nirvana code -- their apps have some nice features and are more visual than most. But it becomes a question of trying to obtain a return for sunk dollars before giving up in disgust. But I am already starting to explore other alternatives to support my trading -- as it appears unlikely that there will be a solution to this problem. So far, the common factors seems to be that no one has made the stuff work on an XP multiprocessor configuration. I have Vista but found other things that don't work there -- strangely enough Office 2007 works better there as does a SQLserver/.Net app I use for business management. I am considering building another Vista VM to see if the Nirvana stuff works there -- their code is multithreaded but definately 32 bit and I would not be entirely surprised if there were not some latent race conditions down in the bowels -- they are very much a Microsoft shop.

GregL

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Access violation in Client 4.4.0.3 May 21, 2008 03:10 PM (Total replies: 10)

Thanks. Been running it on a VM but needed a bit more zing... also, VT requires ActiveX3D that neither VMWare nor VirtualPC provided... hence the AMD. And with only XP, all reasonable patches, the Nirvana software and IQFeed it hung every time (task manager kill or hard power-off reboot). Made me crazy. But it would sort of work on my old P3 dual. By installing Visual Studio and Office it now sort of works as well as it does on the P3 -- lean and mean has no meaning with this layer upon layer stuff... I keep a working config on a VM and experiment with it on the physical machine. As far as I can tell by diffing process snapshots the 'sort-of' working version has about 8 newer DLLs than the hanging version -- and its all Microsloth stuff, DAO and JET. SO much for Windows Update...

GregL

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Access violation in Client 4.4.0.3 May 21, 2008 02:41 PM (Total replies: 10)

Thanks, Steve. I have been dancing with them on this issue for a couple of months now and just seem to loop through -- uninstall/reinstall/reregister the DLLs/shut down your firewall, antivirus/etc. I am currently trying to identify machines where it does work -- as a number of folks on their support forum say they have no problems. WOuld be willing to buy a machine just to run the thing if I could be assured that it would just work (allowing for the usual misfeatures and undocumented bugs, of course). I am thinking I am just lucky enough to have not one but two machines that only marginally support the 175 DLLs from multiple vendors... the Nirvana code logs dropping the connection, so maybe one of the .Net modules is really .NOT. unless the planets are in the exact alignment. The stuff should have been written in Cobol or something debuggable... (a 50 year veteran having a rant...)

GregL

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Access violation in Client 4.4.0.3 May 21, 2008 09:59 AM (Total replies: 10)

Yes, I continue to have issues but not with your software. The accvio was not reproducible at will, sorry. And only happened on the AMD, not the older Intel.

I am attempting to run IQFeed with Nirvana Visual Trader and Omnitrader. The data requests are either streaming quotes or historical data (OT is historic). Both Nirvana applications have exotic issues with IQFeed on two different machines that I use -- an older dual processor XP machine and a newer AMD dual core -- also XP (though it came with Vista). The AMD box was a clean install of XP pro -- things did not stabilize untill I had installed Office 2003 and Visual Studio, but still not right. Problem is that the app connects to the feed multiple times, drops the connection and (sometimes) restarts. Once it stays connected, I can shut down one app, start the next and everything is just fine. It may take 1 hour of fiddling and application kill/restarts before something decides it is in the mood. I have tried other apps with IQFeed and none exhibit the same exotic behavior.

GregL

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Access violation in Client 4.4.0.3 May 19, 2008 10:35 AM (Total replies: 10)

Having a problem with the new client software v 4.4.0.3. After running the new client for an hour or so, client terminated with fatal error -- which is not logged. On restart of client it fails immediately with 'unhandled windows exception' that is caught by the debugger (DevStudio). The debug exception box shows access violation in iqconnect.exe module wincore.cpp at address 0x0040d343 accessing location 0x00000414. The error is, of course, 0xC0000005.
This problem has not been experienced with the 4.3 client -- which I will roll back to at this time. Please advise.

GregL

GregL

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » IQFeed and Nirvana Software Apr 17, 2008 09:06 AM (Total replies: 3)

Thanks, Curtis. But I have the absolute latest pre-releases of OT/VT. With VT there is only one choice -- IQFeed. It starts the client repeatedly then times out and claims it cannot logon. But the older version of OT just works. I suspect it is a feature...

GregL

A thousand pardons. Next time I have this sort of problem I will check my Sonicwall Firewall first. The latest gateway antivirus definition update classifies your client as a WinVNC-based Trojan so was blocking it. After disabling the firewall I was able to download ok. Thank you.

GregL

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » IQFeed and Nirvana Software Apr 17, 2008 06:45 AM (Total replies: 3)

Does anyone know if there are configurational tricks to getting current versions of Nirvana Omnitrader and Visual Trader to connect reliably to the IQFeed client? On my system the software wont connect or connects only after repeated retries -- 10 or more. Strangely, the 2007 version of OT has no issues and I have had no problems with the DDE interface.

Thanks.

GregL

Since it was posted I have tried to download the new beta client 4.4.0.1. But the download repeatedly fails at roughly 3mb of 3.6mb. The message IE provides is 'connection reset by remote server'. Firefox is a bit clearer in that it says 'read error on source file'. I have sent repeated emails to support -- ignored save for the first which was 'we know of no problems with this download'.

Has anyone been able to download this client? And if so, by what means?

Thanks.

GregL

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 2:43 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003