Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »IQFeed exits complaining that username is invalid -- after operating for several hours on Vista
Author Topic: IQFeed exits complaining that username is invalid -- after operating for several hours on Vista (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

glatiak
-Interested User-

Revelations In Stillness

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 10:20 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
Since moving my installation to Vista64-sp1, I occasionally get a strange problem. A message box pops up complaining that my login id was not found and that IQFeed will exit. It also requests that I call IQFeed customer service. There is a countdown display and IQFeed does exit. IQfeed can be restarted, but my connected programs have lost synch and need to be restarted as well. I find it interesting that this problem only shows up after the feed has been functioning for several hours -- makes me think that the real problem is something else.

GregL

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 10:34 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Glatiak
Can you give me more information such as the software your running with?

glatiak
-Interested User-

Revelations In Stillness

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 01:33 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
OS is Vista x64 sp1 on an AMD dual core machine with 4gb memory.
Market software is Nirvana VisualTrader 4.0 rel 3N and Omnitrader 2009 rel 2G.
Other programs active are Outlook 2007 (exchange) and two remote desktop connections. Network connections -- local gigabit LAN connected through a SOnicwall TZ-170 to load-balanced internet connections (satelite and high speed wireless).
Machine is configured for dual boot with XP -- Vista is recent addition, had run these programs under XP for some time without encountering this error, although DTN would on occasion just die. On XP, no messages or error log entries, programs would complain that datasource was unavailable. No errors from DTN diagnostics, always checked clean.

GregL

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 02:23 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Everytime a new app connects to the feed, an authentication process takes place to make sure you are authorized to use that app with the feed. What it sounds like is happening is that the stored username and password information for that session is not properly getting transmitted to the servers causing the authentication process to fail.

Theoreticly, you should never see that particular error after the initial login when launching the feed. You might see other errors in that countdown box, but not that one.

This is a bug we are looking into.

You mentioned it happens occasionally, can you give us a better idea of the frequency (every few hours/once a day/week/month/etc)?

Thanks.

glatiak
-Interested User-

Revelations In Stillness

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 02:52 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
It is probably every few days, although in this market I don't really pay much attention to things most of the time. So classify it as an irritation, but not a major one.

Thanks.

GregL

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 11:02 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003