Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »ECBOT contracts running at least 90 seconds behind the market since 10:02
Author Topic: ECBOT contracts running at least 90 seconds behind the market since 10:02 (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 2, 2005 09:13 AM          Msg. 1 of 13
@YM @US @TY @ZB all showing this problem...

10:02 ET of course

Edited by skunk on Mar 2, 2005 at 09:14 AM
Edited by skunk on Mar 2, 2005 at 09:15 AM

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 2, 2005 09:18 AM          Msg. 2 of 13
I see this also.

Additionally CME mini SP volume running 5000+ contracts behind IB. E mini Naz running 3000+ contracts slow.

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 2, 2005 10:01 AM          Msg. 3 of 13
It appears to be going in and out of synch, sometimes lagging by 5-10 points.

Is anyone looking into this?

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 2, 2005 10:05 AM          Msg. 4 of 13
be patient its only been an hour maybe they will acknowledge that the problem exists before the market closes

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 2, 2005 10:53 AM          Msg. 5 of 13
Hiya Skunk:

I guess we'll just have to wait this one out....

Say, if you keep log files and have a little time, can you check if you are seeing tickers in the Last and/or Low fields.

Details on what I'm getting in this thread:

http://forums.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=448

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 2, 2005 08:11 PM          Msg. 6 of 13
Skunk:

I think I owe you a beer.

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 3, 2005 09:09 AM          Msg. 7 of 13
And it continues lagging
And still no word...denial or excuse
Edited by skunk on Mar 3, 2005 at 09:10 AM

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 3, 2005 09:25 AM          Msg. 8 of 13
Doesn't seem quite as bad as yesterday, but something is amiss...

Reminds me of something Jay posted in Oct 2004

"While you may not be able to determine complete lag from the exchange, our customers are very good and determining if we are lagging other feeds. We are constantly being compared to other feeds. The fact of the matter is you shouldn't care what the lag from the exchange to you is. You should only be concerned that you are getting your data as fast or faster than anyone else."

Hey Jay, if you're out there, I think we have a valid concern now.

LonnieS
-King of IQ Development-

Posted: Mar 3, 2005 12:05 PM          Msg. 9 of 13
I apologize for the delay in responding. You do indeed have a valid concern.
We have been aware of the problem and have been ACTIVELY working on a solution. We just haven't kept the forum up to date on our actions.
We are putting an interim solution in place tonight that will hopefully eliminate the problem until we can get a permanent solution in place.
The permanent solution, a hardware/software replacement, is still a few weeks away.

Lonnie Shumate
Development Manager, IQ Systems
DTN Market ACCESS

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 3, 2005 12:18 PM          Msg. 10 of 13
thank you

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 3, 2005 04:31 PM          Msg. 11 of 13
Lonnie:

Thanks for letting us know it's being looked at.

If it's not too much to ask, can you keep me/us updated on the "few weeks away" part of this. I'm working on an ATS model to trade the e-minis, so any significant changes in the way those quotes are delivered has some significant consequences for me.

Ned

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 3, 2005 09:16 PM          Msg. 12 of 13
Ned,

All should be well tomorrow as well as ongoing. We had a hardware issue that was causing issues on the commodities feeds at peak volume. The problematic hardware was identified today after we saw the issue again, and it has since been replaced (as of 4:30pm CT today). Our engineers will be monitoring things closely again tomorrow to ensure we are on top of things.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 3, 2005 10:15 PM          Msg. 13 of 13
Thanks Jay:

I hate to be a nudge (my wife says it's one of the few skills I've truly mastered), but this situation really does emphasize the need for second resolution in the time field.

Ned

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 11:21 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003