Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »EOD Data Question
Author Topic: EOD Data Question (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jbteel
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 6, 2005 09:12 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
I am not able to access Friday's (2/4) EOD data. I use Neoticker in real time and
scan using the EOD data in the evening and on weekends. I see this happen every
once in a while.

Can you tell me how you store EOD data? Is it a seperate server? When is it updated?
For example, I can usually access EOD data after about 6:00pm CST.

I trying to figure out if this is on the IQfeed side or if I have a software problem.

Thanks,

Jordan

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 7, 2005 07:57 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Jordan,

We don't have a separate EOD data server. If Neoticker is pulling EOD data, what they are doing is pulling a snapquote with the latest price and using that for EOD data. Either that, or they are accessing daily bars and using the last day to populate the internal EOD database. In either case, I am not sure what would cause it to sporatically not populate, unless it is a timing issue where you are trying to access the data using daily bars before the new day has been added to them, or using a snapquote after we have cleared the previous days data. At 6pm CST, the daily data most likely hasn't been written to the daily bars yet, but the current days quote data would still be in our snapquote data.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

jbteel
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 7, 2005 11:04 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Jay,

Here's what is going on.

I was receiving all EOD data (including the missing 2/4/05 data) Friday night
and Saturday on a Beta version of my software. On Sunday (2/6/05) this problem
of not receiving EOD data after 2/4/05 (Friday) started. Realtime data is fine.

To be sure, when I got home last night, I tried my backup machine which has
the Offical version of the Neoticker software. This machine was working fine last week,
has not been used since last week, and there have been no changes to the machine.

Guess what? My backup machine is NOT receiving any EOD data after 2/3/05
either. This indicates to me that my software is not the problem, and that
something may have changed on the IQfeed side.

I need to get this figured out ASAP. As I cannot perform any evening scans
without current EOD data. I have also sent email to the Neoticker folks to see
what they know.

Thanks,

Jordan

jbteel
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 7, 2005 07:41 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Jay,

FYI. As of 7:00 PM CST 2/7/2005, I am receiving the EOD data again on both
machines running different versions of the Neoticker software.

This had to be on the IQfeed side (upgrade, reboot, glitch, ... something).
Can you find out what may have caused this? As noted above, the problem
began on Sunday. It was in the late morning/early afternoon.

A response from you to a problem I had last July, posted on: Jul 27, 2004 08:15 AM, that:

"The current day's daily bar won't appear until after all post market exchange
maintenence is done. Usually around 7pm or so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC."

I find it interesting that at 7:00 PM, the EOD data started working again.

I'm really happy to have it back, and not to look a gift horse in the mouth,
but I'd really like to know what happened. It very frustrating when I am
99.999% sure which side the problem is on, and I can't seem to get someone
to accept it.

Thanks,

Jordan

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 7, 2005 08:34 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Quote: Jay,

Here's what is going on.

I was receiving all EOD data (including the missing 2/4/05 data) Friday night
and Saturday on a Beta version of my software. On Sunday (2/6/05) this problem
of not receiving EOD data after 2/4/05 (Friday) started. Realtime data is fine.

To be sure, when I got home last night, I tried my backup machine which has
the Offical version of the Neoticker software. This machine was working fine last week,
has not been used since last week, and there have been no changes to the machine.

Guess what? My backup machine is NOT receiving any EOD data after 2/3/05
either. This indicates to me that my software is not the problem, and that
something may have changed on the IQfeed side.

I need to get this figured out ASAP. As I cannot perform any evening scans
without current EOD data. I have also sent email to the Neoticker folks to see
what they know.

Thanks,

Jordan
--- Original message by jbteel on Feb 7, 2005 11:04 AM
I am having a little trouble following the timing. On Friday and saturday, you were getting EOD data up through and including Friday. Then, on Sunday, you all the sudden are not able to get data for Friday? I don't know what data Neoticker is using for what it calls EOD data unfortunately. It can either be:

1) pulling the open, high,low,close,volume from a current quote (which will only be available for Friday's trading until early Saturday

2)it could be using the IQFeed historical files, which aren't created until mid evening (in which case once it is there, it is there)

3) from intraday files, which also would be available anytime with the data up through the current trades.

If option 2 or 3, then it could be that Neoticker is only asking for 1 or 2 days worth of data. If they are only asking for 2 days, our system runs in calendar days, so it would only give you Saturday and Sunday if asked for 2 days on Sunday.

These are the only things I can think of. However, we are here to work with you and hopefully with NeoTickers help we can get to the bottom of the issue.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 7:32 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003