Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »5.2 lots of reconnects
Author Topic: 5.2 lots of reconnects (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Ronald
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 10:12 AM          Msg. 1 of 16
I went from 5.1 to 5.2 and also updated set protocol to 5.2
No further changes in protocol
Now in realtime connection of about 450 symbols IQConnect reports hundreds of reconnects (about 300) after one day
With 5.1 it was normally 0 reconnections
The connection between IQConnect and my application remains ok

Every time after a reconnect it looks like a fundamental message is also sent.

Is something else changed?

Ronald

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 05:35 AM          Msg. 2 of 16
Hi Ronald,

This would be exactly the opposite of what we would expect to see at this point, so if you have a log we could sift through, we would love to see it and we can let you know if we see anything out of place.

Tim

Ronald
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 05:47 AM          Msg. 3 of 16
Attached you find log with loglevel = connectivity
Quit often the connection is broken and then restored (both in protocol 5.1 and 5.2)

In Old 5.1 IQFeed the program worked ok, so without reconnections

Sometimes in IQFeed diplay InternetBandwith.Total KB is negative. That seems strange.

If you need more info please let me know.

Best regards,
Ronald

File Attached: IQConnectLog5.txt (downloaded 1405 times)

dawin_te
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 08:31 AM          Msg. 4 of 16
Hi,

I have uploaded screenshot for the lot's of reconnect (6000+ over 2 days) and negative bandwidth statistics. This is using latest iqfeed 5.2.1.0. It seems to happen at 4am but no issue during regular market hours. If it reconnects, it takes time and my program has local timeout and generates error log and bails out some calculations. It is running under linux/wine. The reconnect is likely happening over a month already

dawin_te
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 08:32 AM          Msg. 5 of 16
added log file

dawin_te
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 08:32 AM          Msg. 6 of 16
added screenshot

File Attached: reconnect.png (downloaded 1273 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 08:41 AM          Msg. 7 of 16
Good morning,

This looks a lot like a bug we are already currently looking into, but if you could try zipping and sending the log to the development email we can take a look. In these cases, a restart of the IQFeed process may be required to connect. As soon as we can get this resolved we will get a new build out for you. I don't have an ETA yet, but hopefully we will soon.

Tim

dawin_te
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 09:08 AM          Msg. 8 of 16
i deleted some quote data in the logs to reduce filesize.

File Attached: IQConnectLog 1.txt.zip (downloaded 1203 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 09:29 AM          Msg. 9 of 16
I don't seem to be able to open the zip file, not sure if something happened to the archive during upload or what.

Tim

dawin_te
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 09:35 AM          Msg. 10 of 16
File is gzip, then extracted, is tar, if extracted, should get the text file. I just right-click the log file in kde dolphin and selected the zip command to produce the uploaded file.

dawin_te
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 09:39 AM          Msg. 11 of 16
using zip command line to compress the log file

File Attached: log.zip (downloaded 1235 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 09:42 AM          Msg. 12 of 16
Ok, we got it, not sure why 7 zip dislikes me today, but we are looking at it now.

Thanks!

Tim

dawin_te
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 10:02 AM          Msg. 13 of 16
The log entries captured the reconnect at April 22 this morning. My java program started at 4am to start L1 subscription for 499 symbols. No error printed out so far from my program. But at 9am, I think I used 1 free L1 subscription slot available to quote fundamentals data for 1300+ symbols. This has 4 threads synchronized doing watch and unwatch L1 command for the 1 available slot. The watch/unwatch cmd write to the socket is synced and the pair commands are executed in order despite 4 concurrent threads. This could cause or start the iqconnect disconnect/reconnect cycle. The fundamental stats are used in some computation but done once at 9am. This step took few seconds (less than a minute) to finish query usually. Then no data or query seems to succeed afterwards. Seems to work fine for months until this morning (or 2 days ago).
Edited by dawin_te on Apr 22, 2016 at 10:04 AM

hckyguy
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 12:50 PM          Msg. 14 of 16
I can also confirm that I am seeing a large amount of reconnects since updating with 5.2.0.9.
After 4 hours today, 25 reconnections and 52 attempted reconnections. I do not recall seeing this issue with previous versions.

I can attach the log file if needed.

Thanks.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 01:15 PM          Msg. 15 of 16
Hello,

Yes, if you could send a log over to our developer email, address given at the bottom of this page, https://www.iqfeed.net/dev/main.cfm we can certainly see if anything looks out of the norm.

Tim

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 10:37 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003