Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »trade conditions mapping to CEO
Author Topic: trade conditions mapping to CEO (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)

pwave
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 01:29 PM          Msg. 1 of 10
I went through the API documentation and I understand that the trade conditions get mapped to the 'C','E','O' qualifiers in the Message Contents field. I can dynamically get a list of trade conditions using the SystemInfoSocket tool that you have provided (screenshot below). But this just provides the list and does not provide which trade condition maps to C and which maps to O. Is there a way to query that information or do I have to triangulate the CTS and UTP specs (screenshot of one the pages below) with the potential for making erroneous assumptions on how you may have actually mapped the trade conditions?

File Attached: CTS-Spec.jpg (downloaded 1480 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 01:40 PM          Msg. 2 of 10
Our data follows the exchange formatting specs,like what you show in your screen shot, for the first trade condition given to us. Subsequent trade conditions in the same message are not considered in assigning the trades to the C,E, or O message type. The E is a DTN creation though that you will not see in the specs, E trades are generally the FormT trades that occur before, during, and after the market's open and close.

But, no lookup exists for those specifications to come through our feed at this time.

Tim

pwave
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 01:47 PM          Msg. 3 of 10
Thanks Tim. Yes, I understand the E in CEO. Your documentation explained it. I wasn't looking for you to provide the exchange specifications but rather an indication of which trade conditions are mapped to C and which to O. If you see the screenshot below of the SystemInfoSocket tool that you have provided, the trade conditions are dynamically retrieved and displayed in 3 column format with first being the number, the next two columns being a short name and a long name for the condition. A fourth column indicating whether it is treated as a C or O would have been very helpful. Is such information available? Thanks again.

File Attached: TradeConditions.jpg (downloaded 1426 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 02:01 PM          Msg. 4 of 10
There is not and each exchange can be different.

Here are a couple of the links that our market data team makes use of to configure our feed. We make use of the consolidated processing guidelines when making determinations. Which means, if a trade comes in of any type we check to see if it sets a Last, if it does, it is a C. If it does not, it is an O, except for Extended trades.

http://nasdaqtrader.com/content/technicalsupport/specifications/utp/utdfspecification.pdf
7.5.1.1. UTP Trade Condition Matrix

https://cta.nyxdata.com/cta/document/5944/2f76d73065c5d0f9629eb576302adc1da66d1f9f
Page 113

pwave
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 02:41 PM          Msg. 5 of 10
Thanks Tim. Yes, I have those exchange specifications. A couple more questions to get completely clear and we can close this topic. In the documentation for historical lookup via TCP it says that the trade conditions field will be "one to four 2digit hex numbers".

1. I assume the hex numbers are not comma delimited. So, as example, trade conditions 61 (decimal for Intermarket sweep) (0x3D) and 135 (decimal for Odd lot) (0x77) would appear as one string "3D77"?

2. It says "one to four". I presume there is no guarantee that it is restricted to four? Could be six conditions though that would be very rare? For realtime, the Update/Summary message documentation for Most Recent Trade Conditions simply says "non delimited 2digit hex numbers" and leaves out the "one to four".

Thanks.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 03:22 PM          Msg. 6 of 10
It is not delimited as you assumed and it is in fact limited to a max of 4. I will inquire about if there are times we could get more conditions than that or if it is a max set by the exchange and let you know.

Tim

pwave
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 11:47 AM          Msg. 7 of 10
Thanks Tim. These are indeed limited to 4 fields by the equities exchanges (p111 of CTS specification and p6-17 of UTP specification). Do you have pointers to the corresponding specifications for last-qualifying trades for CME and ICE?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 22, 2015 11:45 AM          Msg. 8 of 10
I will look around tomorrow morning and see what I can find for you, but not off the top of my head. If nothing else, I know the people that will know and I will ask them.

Tim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 23, 2015 10:44 AM          Msg. 9 of 10
With futures markets there are only two items, regular trades and implied trades, this is consistent across both of the listed exchanges. Indexes on these exchanges will just have regular trades.

Tim

pwave
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 23, 2015 08:30 PM          Msg. 10 of 10
Thank you Tim.

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 9:52 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003