Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Official US time
Author Topic: Official US time (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Johnny Abodhi
-Interested User-

uSa brings light where once was darkness.

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 08:33 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
How is DTN building @ES# bars ahead of the official US time per the USNO? At times the bars are almost 45 seconds ahead of the 'real' time.

Absolute power currupts absolutely, and that same old crowd is up to its same old corruptions.

LonnieS
-King of IQ Development-

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 09:32 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
There are a couple of factors that may explain what you are seeing. IQFeed uses the message time from the exchange to build it's interval data, depending on the exchange they may not be syncing with the Observatory or Boulder.
By default IQFeed labels the interval data before the minute, ie a tick at 16:34 is part of minute 17 (minute 16 having already passed), so it appears that IQ can start building the data a full minute before the time reflects the minute has completed.

Lonnie Shumate
Development Manager, IQ Systems
Telvent DTN

Johnny Abodhi
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 11:17 AM          Msg. 3 of 6
I was told, and it has been long vaunted as a selling point, that your tick plants are on the floors of the exchanges and that the data is not washed through any other party (including the exchange itself). Is this incorrect?

Are there any other parties in the pipeline that get the data before DTN?

Absolute power currupts absolutely, and that same old crowd is up to its same old corruptions.

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 11:27 AM          Msg. 4 of 6
Johnny Abodhi

That is correct The data does come directly from the Exchange.

brgv
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 12:15 PM          Msg. 5 of 6
Quote: How is DTN building @ES# bars ahead of the official US time per the USNO? At times the bars are almost 45 seconds ahead of the 'real' time.

--- Original message by Johnny Abodhi on Dec 28, 2010 08:33 AM
IQ assigns timestamps one period ahead of time, its the same data but different way of using timestamps, you can check my thread on a related topic here: http://forums.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2834

Believe me, I tried many vendors, IQ is the best :)

Johnny Abodhi
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 12:32 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
Thanks brgv, but "built in" shenanigans just irk me...ya know? Its not bad enough that price on close can be manipulated rather easily, and that volume is hidden by acts of either commission or ommission....but now we have to be like yoda and 'feel' for where a minute may or may not be?

I know DTN is still the best of a meager crowd, but as the parent is, so goes the child.

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 6:52 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003