Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: jlarmee
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 11, 2016 11:20 AM
Interests: Geology, Motorcycles
Email: jlarmee@larmeeassociates.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM: jlarmee
Post Statistics
jlarmee has contributed to 54 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.25%) in 6,673 days (0.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Volume Leaders Aug 11, 2016 11:20 AM (Total replies: 2)

I'll check it out. Thanks!

Data and Content Support » Volume Leaders Aug 11, 2016 10:21 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi, do you have something that shows the volume leaders for the NYSE or Nasdaq for the previous day? That would be a list of the stocks with the highest trading volume for the day.

Thanks!

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » IQConnect Out of Memory Jun 1, 2016 09:38 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi Stephen,

Thanks. I just shot an e-mail over to support@iqfeed.net with that information.

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » IQConnect Out of Memory Jun 1, 2016 09:13 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi, I've had a couple of user see an error indicating IQConnect is out of memory. (Attaching a picture)

One of the users started noticing this after moving to IQFeed 5.2.1.0

Not sure where to start. I have been unable to duplicate this. Any help would be appreciated.

Data and Content Support » Historical Future Options Apr 8, 2015 07:50 AM (Total replies: 2)

Okay, Curtis. Thanks! That's what I thought but it never hurts to check.

Data and Content Support » Historical Future Options Apr 7, 2015 04:38 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hi, I have a client who is interested in historical future options, especially options for futures contracts that have already expired. I didn't know I could get that data from IQFeed. But, I was surprised and delighted to find that I could. For example, I can look up the daily bars for symbol CK05C2500 and get daily price data for a call on the May '05 corn contract at strike price 2.50. Wonderful! But, then that leads to the next question: how can I find out what symbols are available for old contracts? I just guessed at CK05C2500 and got lucky. For active contracts, I can use the option chain look-up. But, understandably, I don't get any symbols for expired contracts. Is there some kind of option chain look-up for these older options?

Thanks!

IQFeed Developer Support » Continuous Contract Data Dec 15, 2009 08:23 AM (Total replies: 2)

Okay, Steve.

That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

IQFeed Developer Support » Continuous Contract Data Dec 14, 2009 08:44 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi. We have a project backtesting a trading strategy. We're using DTN IQFeed to retrieve daily data. We use a continuous contract. For example, for the S&P e-mini, we're using the symbol @ES#. So far so good.

But, our client is checking the results using ProphetX and he saw some discrepencies. He uses the symbol @ES@C. After a lot of head-scratching, we realized the the data is different between the two on some days.

I realize that a continuous contract is stitched together using the data from the actual contracts. And, I suspect that the cut-over day is different on the two products. So, we see the differences around the cut-over time. For example, the data is different on September 15th, 2009 but the same on October 1st, 2009.

So, I guess the question is: since, both products are provided by DTN, shouldn't the data be consistent?

Thanks,
Jay

IQFeed Developer Support » Historic Options Prices May 19, 2009 10:20 AM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks, Steve. I thought that might be the case, but wanted to be sure.

IQFeed Developer Support » Historic Options Prices May 18, 2009 12:45 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hi.

We're interested in looking at options prices for the last two years. Daily data is sufficient.

First of all, am I correct in assuming that you have daily option prices going back that far?

Secondly, assuming that you do, how would I find the options symbols for options that are now expired? (I'm assuming that the GetAllOptionSymbols for a base symbol like IBM just returns the un-expired options symbols.) How would I know what symbols to use in my history request?

Thanks!

Data and Content Support » Pit Symbols May 5, 2009 01:54 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks, Stan!

Data and Content Support » Pit Symbols May 5, 2009 01:13 PM (Total replies: 2)

This could be a dumb question, but here goes:

In your symbol look-up section, I can find symbols for the electronic markets for products traded on the ICE, specifically Coffee, Cocoa, Sugar, Cotton and Orange Juice. Symbols that start with @KC, @CC, @SB, @CT and @OJ. But, I can't find symbols for the corresponding pit-traded contracts. Aren't these products also traded in pits? And, if so, where would I find the symbols for the pit-traded contracts? Thanks!

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Firewall Advice Mar 10, 2009 05:24 PM (Total replies: 4)

Thanks!

This very helpful!. I think the entire subnet and port range should do it. We shouldn't need to get to the detailed list. I'll keep that under my hat.

-- Jay

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Firewall Advice Mar 10, 2009 02:58 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hi. My client is trying to set up a more thorough firewall on his server and it seems like connecting to IQFeed keeps getting in the way. Whenever we tighten the screws, it seems like the IQFeed connection doesn't work and we have to back off.

Is there some general information on the ports that IQFeed uses, and the servers the ports should be allowed to access? (I'm far from an expert in this topic -- so let me know if that question even made sense!)

Thanks in advance for your help!

IQFeed Developer Support » Market Hours Mar 6, 2009 02:08 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hi Steve.

That's what I thought and that's what we've planned for. But, sometimes there's something wonderful out there that you don't know about unless you ask the dumb questions.

Thanks for the confirmation.

IQFeed Developer Support » Market Hours Mar 6, 2009 12:22 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hi. We have a new project that requires submitting trades 15 minutes before a market closes. Is there anything in the API that would tell me the closing time of the market? I know that I can get these times from the exchange's website and hard-code it into the program. But, let's say today is a special day and the markets will close at noon. Is there anything in the API that would tell me that?

IQFeed Developer Support » ProphetX API Jul 16, 2008 02:52 PM (Total replies: 3)

Okay, Jay.

Thanks for the kind words. We'll do as you suggest.

-- Jay

IQFeed Developer Support » ProphetX API Jul 16, 2008 12:35 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hi.

We have a client who is a current subscriber to ProphetX and is interested in a custom program.

I know that originally ProphetX used an entirely different data feed than IQFeed. But, I also vaguely remember that you had plans to converge the products. We've gotten pretty comfortable programming to the IQFeed API and, if possible, would like to leverage that expertise on this new project.

So, my questions are:
-- If one subscribes to ProphetX, does one have the IQFeed data feed going on under the covers so that a custom-written application could get at the data?

-- If not, does ProphetX have its own API? (I sort of remember that it has DDE links, but not much beyond that.)

-- If no to both of the above, what would you suggest?

-- Jay

IQFeed Developer Support » Receive Option Chain COM Jul 14, 2008 03:59 PM (Total replies: 5)

ok, we got the Net Stat Screen shot, what are we looking for?

IQFeed Developer Support » Receive Option Chain COM Jul 14, 2008 03:10 PM (Total replies: 5)

The Diagnostists Utility gets hung up at Test IP List and am unable to switch to Net Stat before it is Not Responding

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 2:23 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003