Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: jbclem
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 22, 2007 03:58 AM
Interests:
Email: jbclem1@charter.net
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
jbclem has contributed to 24 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.11%) in 7,000 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
DTNIQ Client Software Wish List » suggestions Sep 22, 2007 03:58 AM (Total replies: 3)

I've just read the suggestions for an order flow monitor, with the ability to manipulate and view bid and ask volume. This is also something I'm looking for and I'd like to know if in the 2 1/2yrs since this request, this has been implemented...and if it has, in which software?

John

jb1975...did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to learn how to feed Excel from IQFeed, and run some custom formulas, but I'm not sure how to get Excel to collect historical data, or to hold the previous day's data. If you get this message, can you share what you've learned, especially if you've figured out the DOM and Time and Sales issues.

Thanks,

jc

Hi Jay,

I wasn't planning on scanning the entire market, for that I'm waiting for the DTN Scanner (I'm a beta tester) to incorporate breakout scanning ability...will that ever happen? I was, however, planning on having a watch list, or watch lists, totaling about 400 symbols, and scanning that every 30 seconds or so for a breakout from the previous day's High.

I'm hoping someone has done this in Excel, and can show me how to set it up to collect the previous day's OHLC and then make the comparison during the current trading hours with the live prices. I'm trying to learn how to use the IQLink, but as you can see from my other message, the sample .xls file doesn't work(problem with the macro).

For example, I need to know how to set up a column in Excel to collect the previous day's High, and store it for at least a day. What's the formula, in Excel, for data from a previous day? Or, if I'm referring to a column with the previous day's High in it, how to keep that column from being updated after the end of that day, how to get the next day's data stored in the adjacent column...and so on. I need to find some basic information about using Excel with stock market data. If there is a manual somewhere dealing with this, I'd appreciate a reference to it.

Regards,

John

This is the .xls file that came with v. 4.2.1.4, the most recent version. I'm trying to make it work but when I run the macro to update the cells, a debug Microsoft Visual Basic screen comes up showing that there is an error in this line of the IQLink macro code:

If ((Cells(TempRow, FirstColumn - 1) <> "") And (Cells(FirstRow - 1, TempColumn) <> "")) Then

This line is highlighted in yellow.

This is the first time I've looked at this sample spreadsheet and tried to run the macro. Is anyone familiar enough with this macro code to spot what's wrong with it. I'm using Excel 2002 and Win2000.

John

I'm using IQFeed and QuoteTracker. I'd like to know if I can use Excel 2002 to collect realtime data and scan for stock symbols that are currently breaking breaking the prev day's High. Besides having the streaming data sent to Excel, I'd need to collect and save at least the previous days OHLC data so it could be compared with today's live streaming data.

If anyone uses their IQFeed data this way could you give me some ideas how I would do it, or where I could find more information. One important consideration is if I can run QuoteTracker and Excel concurrently and have data going to both programs.

I don't know much about DDE, but if this will work...it's time to learn!

John

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Smart Market Feb 28, 2006 04:54 PM (Total replies: 1)

Jay,

I've been beta testing Smart Market (2.4.4.4) for some time and haven't heard anything from you about any changes to the beta version. I just saw an email about a newer version and I'm wondering if the beta test is still ongoing and if there is a newer version I should have.

I sent in some suggestions about adding custom scans that would catch breakouts, such as breaking yesterday's High, or last week's High...but have never heard if you were planning to implement that type of scan. Any chance of that?

Regards,

John Clemens

The problem stopped occuring for a few days, but today it was back, just not as bad as before...out of about 30 rows(results from a custom scan), only about 5 were blank. What do you suppose is causing this?

John

Sorry I forgot to mention, it's the beta version.

John

Unfortunately the problem is happening again this morning (6:35am). Out of 15 rows showing numbers in a custom scan, only 4 have symbols and actual numbers...the rest have blanks for the symbols and zeros for numbers. The rows showing symbols and numbers are 7,10,11,12 although that changes are a symbol jumps around in position.

I closed the program yesterday and started it up again this morning.

John

I've had this problem a number of times previously, but never this bad. I just ran a custom scan and although all 50 rows are showing some information, only 9 of them have symbol names and actual numbers in the other columns. The rest of the rows have no symbol name and the columns are filled with zeros. The 9 with symbol names are not contiguous, and in this case are located at rows number 2,15,18,24,26,33,37,39,44. I've rerun the scan a bunch of times, closed the program and reopened it, and let it sit open for two hours...all with no change in the problem.

As I said, this has happened before and is not a new problem, but usually there will only be a few blank rows scattered around in the list.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Also, any chance that you're working on an updated version of the scanner...hopefully one incorporating some suggested new scans (such as scanning for symbols breaking yesterdays High or Low.)

John

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » Permanent Continuous Future Contract May 4, 2005 04:15 AM (Total replies: 41)

I also just tried to download the continuous contract for the ES (@ES#) and for daily data I received 79 days. For intraday (1 minute) data I received 90 days. Is this the maximum available at this point?

John

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » SmartMarket beta won't start Apr 13, 2005 04:48 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hi Jay,

Looks like I never answered your question...I haven't had the problem for a long time so either it's resolved itself or I've just been lucky. I do usually often stay logged into IQFeed overnight for days so right now I don't think the problem is related to that since it's not happening.

John

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Beta scanner won't start up again! Mar 11, 2005 05:35 PM (Total replies: 7)

That makes sense. Some days I have to close TS2000i and DTN IQFeed, and restart them, because the connection from Hyperserver is dropped. Some days I don't have to do this. That would explain why this problem has been intermittent.

Please let me know when you make the change in the server. In the meantime I guess I'll have to close down DTN and the others each night...a royal pain because I usually have to "end task" IQConnect.exe and Hypersrv.exe, and also close down Quotetracker (IQFeed will not restart if Quotetracker is open), and it often takes two or three tries to get them(excluding QT) to all start up together. And sometimes even when there is no IQConnect.exe visible in the TaskManager (Win2000), I'll still get an error message that IQ is still running and thus won't start up. Then I have to reboot the computer.

John

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Beta scanner won't start up again! Mar 11, 2005 04:10 PM (Total replies: 7)

Jay,

After closing and restarting TS2000i (and DTN and Hyperserver Lite), Marketscan is working again. I disabled the port settings in the router and Marketscan is still working, even after opening and closing it. So the problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with the ports...somehow Marketscan is losing it's connection and logging in again is starting it back up. I'm running Quotetracker at the same time...could this have anything to do with it?

John

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Beta scanner won't start up again! Mar 11, 2005 02:51 PM (Total replies: 7)

Thanks for the port numbers...I set them into the router both for TCP and UDP but it didn't help. The problem still exists. As far as logging in, I can't access the software so if there is a logging in process, which I don't remember, I haven't been able to do it.

John

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Beta scanner won't start up again! Mar 11, 2005 08:53 AM (Total replies: 7)

I'm getting the same error message I had a week ago;

"Communications error-our socket connection to the server was unexpectedly closed. The program is going to exit. Please rerum Marketscan".

This time I haven't reset my router, and I checked it's configuration and it's setup for the same ports I usually have it set for. You never answered my request for the port numbers that the beta scanner uses, so I can't check them. But it was working yesterday and nothing has changed with the router since yesterday.

Any suggestions?

John

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » SmartMarket beta won't start Mar 11, 2005 08:40 AM (Total replies: 3)

When I try to start up the Smartmarket scanner I keep getting this error message:

"Communications error-our socket connection to the server was unexpectedly closed. The program is going to exit. Please rerum Marke****ch."

Everytime I try to start up the program I get the same error message. I've had this problem previously, it apparently resolved itself because I used the program yesterday. But what can I do today to fix this?

John

This message was posted in a secure forum. Click here to access the topic where message was posted.

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Beta scanner won't start up Mar 4, 2005 08:32 PM (Total replies: 3)

Jay,

It's working today, and I do have version 2.4.4.4. I had been reseting my DL-604 router, and I didn't realize that I had to go into router's configuration to reenter some of the ports (used for a different application)...it may be that all that messing around also affected the beta scanner and it's port configuration.

Which port(s) does it use...if this happens again I'll check the router's configuration first.

John

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Beta scanner won't start up Feb 24, 2005 05:49 PM (Total replies: 3)

Continuing...I have two icons on my desktop for the beta scanner(original and updated version).
Trying to start the other version gives a more detailed error message:

"Communications error. We were unable to establish connection with the server at TCP/IP address 127.0.0.1: 5009; Socket error".

"Since we failed to connect to our Level 1 server we are exiting the application"

At this time the IQ Connection Manager is working and Global Server (TS2000i) is receiving data.

John

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 11:00 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003