Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: zeta34
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 24, 2020 02:38 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
zeta34 has contributed to 10 posts out of 21191 total posts (0.05%) in 5,493 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » FUBO day OHLC not loading Dec 24, 2020 02:38 PM (Total replies: 1)

For US Equity Ticker "FUBO":

Historical intraday OHLC loads normally, but the daily OHLC is immediately returning an error (E,Connection Timeout Error.).

This appears to be fixed now, thanks much.

I apologize, the correct ticker for IQ is BHW1019R50. But this is a system-wide issue, just about every option I check is incorrect, the open interest for today is identical to yesterday.

As an example, the IYR June 50 Put (BHW100619P00050000) had open interest of 25449 yesterday. This morning, the update message still had the value 25449. However, the correct value as of this morning according to both Bloomberg and Interactive Brokers is 35643. This has always been correct prior to today.

The Update message for options does not have the updated open interest today. When is this problem going to be fixed?

IQFeed Developer Support » Linux support Feb 24, 2010 11:45 PM (Total replies: 10)

Can an IQFeed rep please comment on this?

IQFeed Developer Support » Linux support Feb 9, 2010 12:16 PM (Total replies: 10)

Now that the IQ32.dll is no longer required, how long before Linux is supported?

Any status on this issue? Did the test fail for you?

Ok, I have reproduced this bug using the DTN example. Then I upgraded to the newest version, 4.6.1.0, and tried again. And the bug still exists. I ran this program on both my Vista and XP machines, and in both cases I get the same error.

For the first 10k loops, no problem, the correct data is always returned:

100,2009-09-17 16:33:51,28.4900,684,3918982,28.2500,28.4200,3632467,0,0,E,

But sometime between 10,600 and 10,800 loops, this error is being returned:

100,E,Could not connect to History socket.

It happens *EVERY* time without fail. The only solution is to reboot the machine.

Here is the class. It is an exact replica of the LookupClient.java class distributed with IQFeed, with the addition of a simple while loop.

public class LoopingTestSentToDTN extends IQ_32 {

int a, b;
BufferedReader in, sin;
BufferedWriter sout;

public void IQConnectStatus(int a, int b) {
this.a = a;
this.b = b;
System.out.println("IQConnectStatus("+a+","+b+")");
}

void dayticks() throws Exception {
String symbol,days,maxDataPoints,beginFilterTime,endFilterTime,direction,dataPointsPerSend;
symbol = "A";
days = "1";
maxDataPoints = "1";
beginFilterTime = "";
endFilterTime = "";
direction = "0";
dataPointsPerSend = "100";
sout.write("HTD"+","+symbol+","+days+","+maxDataPoints+","+beginFilterTime+","+endFilterTime+","+direction+","+dataPointsPerSend+";");
sout.flush();
String line = sin.readLine();
while (line!=null && line.indexOf("!ENDMSG!",0)==-1) {
System.out.println(line);
if (line.equals("!SYNTAX_ERROR!"))
line = null;
else
line = sin.readLine();
}
}

void run() {
RegisterClientApp("IQFEED_DEMO", "1.0", "0.11111111");
try {
if (a!=0 || b!=0) return;
Socket s = new Socket(InetAddress.getByName("localhost"), 9100);
sin = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(s.getInputStream()));
sout = new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(s.getOutputStream()));
in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(System.in));

int i = 0;
while (i < 20000) {
dayticks();
if ((++i % 50) == 0) {
System.out.println("####### Count: " + i);
}
}
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
RemoveClientApp();
}

public static void main(String args[]) throws Exception {
LoopingTestSentToDTN me = new LoopingTestSentToDTN();
me.run();
}

The problem is that something in DTN's implementation is leaking. I thought it was my JNA bridge to the DLL that was leaking, but I recently implemented the DTN java solution and it still fails.

It is very easy to recreate. Try to load HDX data over TCP/IP for 11,000 symbols. When it gets to 10,800 symbols, it will start returning "Could not connect to History socket".

I am not leaking socket references or anything of that nature I assure you. If DTN were to setup a simple, continuous load from a PC, they would find the same exact problem.

The only solution I have found is to reboot the entire PC. That is a real pain, as you can imagine.

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 2:48 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003