Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: AMA
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 20, 2020 03:30 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
AMA has contributed to 183 posts out of 21184 total posts (0.86%) in 6,106 days (0.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Yup, I was aware of that. Have several alternatives for what I need and will be scoping them out over the next few weeks.

Thanks.

Thanks, that's the list.

Now, what about retrieving last month's HLOC info? No parms in the list, so am I outa luck or what? Doesn't appear to be a way to specify timeframe.

Hi - I currently use the IQFeed/Excel interface to stuff a spreadsheet. Works quite well.

A cell might have something like the following in it, which will display the last trading price for MSFT:

=IQLink|msft!last

Two questions, tho:

* Pls point me to the list of available parms to use with this; can't find it. This used to be on the website somewhere, but it's been several years since I last saw it(I think). Or, maybe it was buried in some doc on using this interface.

* I'm specifically interested in getting the previous day/week/month's High, Low, Open, Close values, so I can run 'em through some formulas. Any way to get this from the iQFeed interface, or do I -have- to use a 3rd party product like QCollector? I have a license for QC and know I can get this info there, but would rather not add an extra layer of software to the process, just to get some basic info.

This message was posted in a secure forum. Click here to access the topic where message was posted.

This message was posted in a secure forum. Click here to access the topic where message was posted.

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Jay Froscheiser, contact info? Jun 4, 2014 03:30 PM (Total replies: 1)

Jay, how do I contact you? I don't see any way to pm or email you on this board.

Hey, pleasant surprise(!) My Excel options chain picked up the new 'weekly' opts on the 5/17 monthly list, so apparently, things are working correctly.

Dunno if'n you all did anything or not, but for now, I'm good...

If I'm figuring correctly, TODAY, 5/8, is the release date for the $xx2.50/xx7.50 strike options for this weekly cycle, involving the opts that expire on Sat., 5/17(the monthlies). So, could you check a few stocks, such as APPL and IBM to see if you encounter the DDE/Excel problem listed above?

You'll need to have an Excel spreadsheet open before the market cranks up, to see what's going on as to why an Excel options chain won't refresh with the newly issued opts.

Data and Content Support » How do I start? Apr 16, 2014 07:21 PM (Total replies: 2)

If by chance you also have the DTNIQ interface app from Telvent that gets it's data feed from IQFeed, you can use a Time & Sales window to do what you want. Bring up a Time & Sales window, configure it to gather minute data back as far as you want(for me, stock data goes back into 2007), then click on the small diskette icon, at which point you'll be prompted where to save and which format. Specify comma delmited for .CSV and you'll be all set.

You have to do this manually, or perhaps you could write a Windows macro to do this for you, if you have a repetitive task to accomplish.

Hi - found a bug I hadn't noticed before, probably cuz it only shows up one day per month(!?!):

* I use the IQFeed DDE interface w/Excel to throw up a pruned back options chain during the market day. (I use the DTNIQ Options Chain window for research after hours).

* This past Thur, 4/10, I noticed that some previously blank Excel lines listing some new weekly opts didn't update/refresh...

* Left DDE connected, but killed the Excel window and restarted it.

* Nogo; the new opts still didn't register/display.

* Brought up DTNIQ Options Chain window and there they were...

* Btw, I also have a DDE/Excel smaller window running that shows some basic watch list stuff. I left that one running the entire time.

More and more stocks are transitioning to adding weeklies, along with smaller strike increments, using a $2.50 increment now instead of the older $5.00 increment. For example, AAPL: 540.00, 542.50, 545.00, 547.50, etc. IBM: 200.00, 202.50, 205.00, 207.50, etc.

* Now, with the normal weeklies, ALL of the strikes show up when a new series is created, which is what I'd expect.

* This bug I encountered was with existing monthly opts(in this case, the April monthlies that will expire this next week). These monthly opts have been around for quite a while, but on Thursday, the $xx2.50/xx7.50 strikes were added, which makes them effectively weekly options, during the final week of the monthly cycle. As mentioned above, DDE/Excel didn't pick up these additional $xx2.50/xx7.50 strikes, while the DTNIQ Options Chain did.

So, is this something you all could make note of and try with the May monthly opts? Since the May monthlies expire on Saturday, 5/17, the weekly $xx2.50/xx7.50 strikes should first be available on Thur, 5/8. You'd need to have a DDE/Excel window up the day before to test, then see what happens the next day on Thur, 5/8 at market open.

I'm running IQFeed 5.1.0.5, which is a beta version you all cobbled together for me last December, to fix a T&S Windows issue I was having.

If there's some way or need to restart the DDE interface, lemme know if there's a way to do this without killing IQFEED and DTNIQ, which I need to have running all day long. These new opts may not show until the market opens, which would get in the way of disturbing the IQFeed/DTNIQ stuff I also have running.

????

ALL fixed now and working just fine...title bars work even better than before in the old 2.7.0.3 release I was using.

See post in other section:

http://forums.dtniq.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=3741

Oops, got my DTNIQ people mixed up - LOREN is the person who sent me the beta code...hope neither of you is insulted by my mixup

Ok - status time:

* After getting the beta code from Curtis, I tested it over the weekend and Mon/Tue at/after market open and it all works great(!)

* My faith in the DTNIQ Development folks is now restored and I'm on my way.

* Minute/Tick windows work just fine and the T&S Title Bar issue mentioned in the Wishlist section is fixed, too. Actually works better now than in the old 2.7.0.3 release I was using earlier.

So, life is good...

You all can take off for the Holidays now

Yup; got it. I worked 25+ years in 'puter tech support in some extremely large computer complexes, and even though I wasn't an Application Programmer, I do know how all of this works and fits together. And I also know that going into the holidays is not a great time for this to hit, but the timing just worked out that way.

Oh, one other thing - I'm aware that backing out an upgrade wouldn't take that much time.
I've been using DTNIQ for at least 15 years and have been through release changes many times.
However, it'll take me at least an hour or two to sort out my code again, and even more importantly, re-installing 2.7.0.3 does not get me back to the same Windows setup I previously had. DTNIQ used the Windows Registry and my past experience with mixing DTNIQ and the Registry has not been too good. Enough so that I would rather not go back and forth several times to 'get it right'.

So, even though refreshing the T&S minute windows is a real pain, I thought I might grind it out this week and see where things stand, going into the weekend.

Time: Thu April 18, 2024 4:02 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003