Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »IQFeed News DT5
Author Topic: IQFeed News DT5 (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

David
-DTN Evangelist-

I'd rather be...

Posted: Feb 7, 2006 01:52 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
I just noticed the new active stock summaries coming in every half hour. I think this is a great addition to the news feed. I would like to see the symbols contained in these summaries also entered into the news symbol in the header so that one could be alerted to this story coming through. It saves having to download the story to get the symbols.

Also, in the future I think that a 'category' marker might be a good addition to the news headlines. For example a technical alert like the ones you see ( most active, largest % gain, and biggest volume gain) has a separate news category ID then one that would reflect say earnings, or breaking product news (like ELAN has drug approval).etc. The idea behind news categories lets one have a secondary filter on the headlines that come through. One ID would be one that reflects advertising news on a symbol that serves the news letter author and really is not news.

I think that DTN should also 'advertise' in this forums some of the new stuff being put into news or other categories. This symbol activity news is appreciated and should be made known to all. I don't usually have time to look at all of the headlines coming in so this feature may have been around for a while. Thanks for putting it in - I appreciate it and I know my customers (and yours) will too.

Good job!

David

IQXP Software
http://www.iqxp.com

LiveWire Update Service
PO Box 1417
Fairfield, IA 52556
641-472-8393
http://www.livewire-cablesoft.com/

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 10, 2006 10:35 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
David,

We actually have had these scanners for quite some time. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to query for the page specifically. We didn't figure it was worth the time to provide that functionality since we provide a much more current and comprehensive list of most actives and such via the web query. In fact, I think you are already using that in your IQXP if I am not mistaken?

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

David
-DTN Evangelist-

I'd rather be...

Posted: Feb 10, 2006 04:02 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
Actually what I'd like to see is the symbols that are carried in a news story be also entered into the symbol field in the news headline header. For most news stories this is the case. For example if the story contains information on IBM, XMSR, and AXO the symbol field shows: :IBM::XMSR::AXO: - this lets me get alerted when there is news on these symbols without having to load the story and then do a text search for symbols. That is the purpose of the '"symbols contained in this story" field.

My suggestion is that any symbols (except those that are in promotional pieces like BullTrade) appear in this field section. A new feature could also be a category condition so one could also have a secondary screening capability.

I do have a separate pop-up window in my program that gives a quick view of the exchange symbol stats that you provide. It has proven to be a very popular and used feature because it not only shows whats hot and whats not but is in a form that is easily put into the program.

As an aside, I assume that the data that comes in as a new story is the real-time status whereas the data I get from your web site is delayed 15 minutes.

Thanks!

David

IQXP Software
http://www.iqxp.com

LiveWire Update Service
PO Box 1417
Fairfield, IA 52556
641-472-8393
http://www.livewire-cablesoft.com/

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 10, 2006 04:34 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
I see. Unfortunately, some of those reports come from a different system than our streaming news sources, and it isn't tagged with the symbols. We will have to see if there is something that can be done down the road...

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Mon May 20, 2024 1:21 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003