Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Unable to connect to IQfeed
Author Topic: Unable to connect to IQfeed (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

tradinoncoffee
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 31, 2005 06:38 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Experiencing connection problems. Connection manager seems to be bouncing between servers and status switches from Connected to Not Connected. Are the servers down for some kind of maintanence?

Tradinoncoffee

Bill Atkinson
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 31, 2005 07:09 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
I am following the FOREX market and I have been trying to connect to DTN.IQ since 5:20 PM EDT.

I am using the IQConnection Manager for real time quotes.

I have sent an email to support@iqfeed.net with no responce as of 8:00 PM EDT.

This is no way to run a production service.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jul 31, 2005 08:43 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
We are looking into the issue and I will post more when we have some information on what is causing the problem.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jul 31, 2005 08:51 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
for the past 5 minutes, I have been able to connect without issue. It looks like the problem has been resolved. I will be looking into the cause and will communicate here when we know more.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jul 31, 2005 09:04 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
The issue was tracked to an individual who's software was making an unreasonably large number of connections to our server. Because of a bug in our load balancing system, the server that user was connected to was showing as the least loaded and thus all new connections were attempting to login to that server as well. We have blacklisted that user and the problem should no occur again. We have had a new version of the load balancer in test for weeks and hope to get it released soon

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Sun May 5, 2024 6:57 AM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003