Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Historical requests - speed of retrieval
Author Topic: Historical requests - speed of retrieval (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

fredericf
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 02:18 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
Hi Tim,

When making requests for historical data, I pack my requests all in one (let's say 50 requests in the same string, separated by \n) and I send it over to IQFeed.

I then receive the 50 answers, one by one, approximately 0.5 sec apart from each other. So it takes about 20 seconds to receive the 50 answers.

Q: Is such a speed normal?

I find it rather slow compared to what we can receive with the live feed.

Q: Is there any way to speed it up?

Thanks!

Frederic

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 03:32 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Hi Frederic,

If you create 15 sockets, then you can do 15 requests at any 1 time which should get you down to just a few seconds.15 is the maximum number of history requests we allow at any 1 time.

Tim

fredericf
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 06:06 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
So, I understand the transfer speed I am experiencing is normal, and multiple sockets is the way to go to make it higher. Reducing retrieval time by a factor 15 would be very nice indeed!

I have not managed multiple sockets before, I will look into this asap.

Thank you for the very useful answer!

Frederic

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 07:19 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Happy to.

Butm yes that is normal, the requests happen in line, they are not sent in as a batch. So you have a lot of extra transfer latency dragging things down on top of the sequential processing.

Tim

fredericf
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 02:02 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
This makes sense.

Have a nice weekend!

Frederic

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 5:49 AM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003