Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Real Time data in 7min delay
Author Topic: Real Time data in 7min delay (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Eitzik
-Interested User-

Posted: May 4, 2005 11:03 AM          Msg. 1 of 13
yesterday 03-may-2005 at 14:15 or so NY time I had some problems getting REAL realtime data for stocks on the NASDAQ. I use Iqfeed and QoutTracker. I don't know how but I ended up getting real time data in a delay of about 7min for the rest of the day (till 16:00 NY time). Does that have anything to do with IQfeed servers? Has anyone encountered this problem?

Eitzik

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: May 4, 2005 11:08 AM          Msg. 2 of 13
Yes. That was related to the system problems yesterday.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Eitzik
-Interested User-

Posted: May 4, 2005 11:15 AM          Msg. 3 of 13
let me understand that. So everyone who was connectet to IQfeed at that time got this data "playing" in real time but delayed 7min?

what happens if I erase the data and do a tick by tick back fill? will I get the qoutes with the right timing?

Eitzik

Eitzik
-Interested User-

Posted: May 4, 2005 11:20 AM          Msg. 4 of 13
does the "system problems" you reporting to had, had anything to do with the fast market conditions that have developed at the time?

Eitzik

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: May 4, 2005 11:20 AM          Msg. 5 of 13
Some servers queued data, which was causing the problem. It only effected streaming quote data, and backfilling from the servers would return data that was real time.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: May 4, 2005 11:23 AM          Msg. 6 of 13
There are many reasons that can cause a problem. Hardware failure, software failure, network failure, market volume, customer load, etc. We have taken corrective actions and do not expect any further issues like the ones experienced on Tuesday.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 5, 2005 09:02 AM          Msg. 7 of 13
"We have taken corrective actions and do not expect any further issues like the ones experienced on Tuesday."

Please check again.

Thurs 09:59 ET the lagging is back

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 5, 2005 09:04 AM          Msg. 8 of 13
Those of us using the IQ time update message to generate interval bars will notice at least 90 seconds lag NOW

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 5, 2005 09:11 AM          Msg. 9 of 13
"Only" 50 seconds behind now.
Edited by skunk on May 5, 2005 at 09:11 AM

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 5, 2005 09:16 AM          Msg. 10 of 13
And its correct again.

Another "hardware failure" that mysteriously repaired itself as soon as the market slows down?

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 5, 2005 09:39 AM          Msg. 11 of 13
And as soon as the trade rate increases the time updates start lagging...

Please fix this, or at least do your testing on non production systems

PLEASE!

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 9, 2005 09:03 AM          Msg. 12 of 13
Better than last week.

But certainly not fixed

Lags are "only" about 15 seconds at times of high trade rate now (10:00 10:01 ET)
Edited by skunk on May 9, 2005 at 09:04 AM

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 9, 2005 09:09 AM          Msg. 13 of 13
Also it seems like regional quotes are having periods where they lag L1 on QQQQ. Not 100% sure, just by casual observation.

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 10:20 PM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003