Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »api to determine what options for an underlying traded during the day.
Author Topic: api to determine what options for an underlying traded during the day. (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Larry jag
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 08:33 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Is there an easy way to determine if an option traded for an underlying during the day, without actually having to download the tick or daily data for that option for the day?

ie, AAPL has A LOT of options... Not all options have a trade during the day. Right now, in order to determine what was traded, I have to download all the option symbols for AAPL, then download the tick data for those symbols to see the daily trades. Is there a better way to do this?

I guess I can try to filter out the trades by downloading the DAILY data for each option, and if there is any data, I can assume tick data is avail for that option, and then download the tick data...but I still have to look at the history of all option symbols for AAPL... which in both cases, takes a while.

It would be nice to have an API that helps with this. ie a CEO command with a date, and it will return true/false or the # of trades made for the chain returned.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 07:55 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Good morning,

It's a good idea, I'll let people know so we can consider adding this in the future, but, for now, I don't have something better than what you have already discussed, at least not without impacting your symbol counts. We do have some updates coming in the foreseeable future though that may help solve your issue in a slightly different way, so I will get those details out to you as we get closer to a beta release.

Tim
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on May 7, 2018 at 05:42 AM

arturo didonna
-Interested User-

Posted: May 6, 2018 12:30 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
I agree that this is a very good idea, especially if also a minimum amount of traded money could be parametrized, i.e., get all the options that today traded more than 50000 USD.
I was wondering if you guys are still considering implementing such a feature.
Thanks for your consideration.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 7, 2018 06:08 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
We are getting closer to being able to help this and I believe that the lists we will be returning will have the price and volume. So you should be able to create something to parse out the values you care about without much trouble.

We may be able to build in the filtering for you, but it would be in a subsequent release I think. We'll get it on the books for you though.

As to the time frame for the first poster, within the next month or two is probably reasonable to expect.

Thanks for the idea and your business.

Tim

AK786
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 01:57 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Tim

Is there any update on being able to receive "Traded" Option Symbols or Last Price, Volume on the Symbol List

AK786

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 3:58 AM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003