Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Using IQFeed with Interactive Brokers (IB) »Conversion between IQFeed <--> Interactive Brokers Ticker Symbols ?
Author Topic: Conversion between IQFeed <--> Interactive Brokers Ticker Symbols ? (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

vmitec
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 02:41 AM          Msg. 1 of 3
Good morning.
I am trading through IB but would like to use IQFeed as a data feed.
Is there a way to convert symbol names between IB and IQFeed?
I would like to automate this conversion because I have 500+ symbols...

Thanks
Edited by vmitec on Mar 21, 2017 at 02:42 AM

DTN_Robert_Carrillo
-Interested User-

-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 02:55 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
Hello,

If you haven't already done so please contact our Sales Dept about how we can meet your data needs. They will be glad to help regarding compatible software, pricing, trial info, etc. They can be reached at sales@iqfeed.net or by phone 800-475-4755.

Thank you.

Robert Carrillo

support@iqfeed.net

support@dtniq.com

support@prophetx.com

Trading Markets Customer Service

1-800-397-7000

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 03:30 AM          Msg. 3 of 3
There are some differences in handling between IQFeed and IB.

Symbols in IQFeed are completely textual and obtained through a 'mktsymbols' text file.

For IB, to generate trades and request data through their API, contract numbers are typically required. To request contract numbers for equities traded on the primary exchanges, IQFeed symbols can typically be used directly for the lookup in the IB API. For options and futures, you have to perform lookups through the IB API based upon underlying symbol, currency, expiry dates, strikes, etc... Then use that contract number to make the request through the other portions of the IB API.

If the IQFeed people have these lookup tables as another service, cool.

But for us do-it-yourselfers, code needs to be written. I have written code to parse the IQFeed market symbols text file, pull out the options/futures info, and use that to look up contract details in the IB API.

If you want to wade through a bunch of stuff I've done:

An IQFeed provider:

https://github.com/rburkholder/trade-frame/tree/master/lib/TFIQFeed

An IB provider:

https://github.com/rburkholder/trade-frame/tree/master/lib/TFInteractiveBrokers

Send me a message at iqfeed@oneunified.net if you'd like more instructions.

All this is based upon the fact that I start with the mktsymbols file, decode it, and use it to request data from IQFeed, and to generate trades with IB. To go the other way around, if you have IB contract info, I have some other code in the same repository which will build IQFeed symbols from contract info and underlying symbol names. There are some futures and options underlying symbol which require a manually composed lookup table, such as GC in InteractiveBrokers and QGC in IQFeed.
Edited by stargrazer on Mar 21, 2017 at 03:41 AM

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 8:53 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003