Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Historical Data - Lumber @LB#C
Author Topic: Historical Data - Lumber @LB#C (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Cyberjoe
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 10:15 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it looks as if the daily, continuous Lumber futures data is only available as of October 2008. I am using NinjaTrader 8 and MultiCharts. Can someone please help?

Furthermore, is there any overview of all continuous futures, where I could see how far the data goes back?

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 10:32 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
In review on the @LB#C (Random Length Lumber) contract continuous and back-adjusted data **DAILY DATA** starts on 10/10/2008 and has uninterrupted data through 8/17/2016.

Can you be more specific on how we can further assist you with this symbol and the attached data?

Would you like to see additional historical data before October 2008?

Stephen Shockey | Telvent DTN LLC | Trading Markets | United States |Customer Service Technical Support
Email: support@iqfeed.net

Cyberjoe
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 10:47 AM          Msg. 3 of 6
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your quick response!

Yes, I would like to see more historical data. Actually, I am surprised that there is no data before Oct 2008. Lumber futures have been around forever :-) Other data vendors have daily data going back to the 1960s.

Do you have a factsheet summarizing the availability of data for all or the most frequently traded futures? I could not find anything specific except for the general description which suggests that some US futures go back "as far as 1959". http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=data§ion=services

Best,

Cyberjoe

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 01:39 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Please utilize the symbol LB#C which is the old Pit symbol for Lumber. Our daily historical data goes back to March 24th, 1994.

Unfortunately we do not have a Facts sheet summarizing the available data on the most frequently traded futures.

Stephen Shockey | Telvent DTN LLC | Trading Markets | United States |Customer Service Technical Support

Edited by DTN_Stephen on Aug 18, 2016 at 02:05 PM

Cyberjoe
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 19, 2016 12:20 PM          Msg. 5 of 6
Thank you, Stephen!

Does omitting the leading "@" provide more historical data for other futures, too?

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 19, 2016 12:55 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
@ - Electronic contracts.

Leaving off the @ will lead you to the old Pit traded contracts and in some examples there is additional information out there for back-testing purposes.

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 9:27 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003