Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Question on News (NHL)
Author Topic: Question on News (NHL) (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

bards
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 10:30 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
We are interested in using these 2 commands: NHL (News headline) and NSY (News Story).
Is the result from issuing these 2 commands a feed?
If so, how dynamic is it?

I have tried using both of these commands with the sample programs
that come with iqfeed (C++ News Socket Text).
I noticed that after issuing NHL, the results are there for a few minutes,
before they go away. I did not look at the source code, and it could
be that the program keeps the headline for a while.

I also noticed that NHL command can take a date. Does that
mean that we can get historical headline news?
If so, how far back does it go?

Thanks for all you help.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 11:11 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
Hello Bards,

None of the news commands involve streaming data. That will come through on the level one data port when news is enabled.

As to the date, data is only available for the current day through the NHL request, there are some premium services that have a couple more days data, and that is what this field is used for, but you will probably always leave this blank.

Tim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 11:14 AM          Msg. 3 of 6
Almost forgot, you can get previous news history, up to around 30 days, when you do headline searches by symbol. So as long as the story was tagged as MSFT, for instance, you can get previous day's data that way.

Tim

bards
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 02:43 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Thanks Tim.

Are there any limitations on historic headlines?
What extra benefits do we get if we purchase the premium news?
Is there detailed documentation for both regular iqfeed News, and the Premium one?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 08:40 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
The premium data I mentioned is in regards to some energy specific news that we offer. There are no increased subscription levels that would change or improve any of you current news that you already have access to.

There is not a max headline count.

Lastly, all feeds use the same api interface, and that documentation is within the developer's API documentation.

Tim

bards
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 04:05 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
Thanks Tim for your followup.

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 8:19 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003