Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »NASDAQ Level II
Author Topic: NASDAQ Level II (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

malyn
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 4, 2005 04:14 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
Hello,

I recently began working with the NASDAQ Level II feed available on DTN RealTime and noticed a discrepancy between DTN's data and the data available via other providers. DTN appears to distribute Level II data on a per-market maker basis rather than a per-price level basis. If a market maker is active at multiple price levels, I will only see the closest price at which the market maker is bidding/offering the stock. This makes it very difficult/impossible to determine market depth using the DTN data.

I found a similar thread elsewhere in the forums (http://forums.dtnma.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=76), but Natalie's response did not indicate whether it was possible to tell if a Level II quote update message was merely updating/removing a price level for a market marker, or was reporting an entirely new price level for that market maker.

Is there some way to get this information? The ability to view the depth for a stock is what NASDAQ Level II is all about, but it is not immediately obvious how to determine market depth information with the DTN data feed.

Thank you for your help,

Michael Alyn Miller

malyn
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 5, 2005 10:18 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
Based on the information I found on NASDAQ's web site (http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader/mds/mdsoverview/vshome.stm), I may have answered my own question. It appears that DTN offers the NQDS data service instead of TotalView:
  • NQDS - NQDS is used in conventional Level 2 displays. NQDS provides only the top-of-file market participant quotations from the NASDAQ Market Center.

• TotalView - TotalView is the new standard in NASDAQ Level 2 displays. TotalView vendors provide the full depth of quotation and order interest available for execution in the NASDAQ Market Center.
If this is the case, are there any plans to upgrade the DTN feed to provide TotalView?

Thanks again,

Michael Alyn Miller

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jan 5, 2005 10:26 AM          Msg. 3 of 3
Your research is correct. At this time, we don't have plans to provide the TotalView products from Nasdaq due to lack of demand which currently isn't enough to justify the increased costs it would incurr.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Wed May 1, 2024 7:38 AM CFBB v1.2.0 20 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003