Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Data difference between real time & historical
Author Topic: Data difference between real time & historical (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

cunparis
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 12:54 AM          Msg. 1 of 7
I've noticed that when I reload historical data, it can be very different than the data I've collected real time. This became apparent to me while using bid/ask data because a small difference in the data can make a big difference in the charts/indicators.

This morning I exported Euro overnight data and then I reloaded it. I'm using Market Delta & IQFeed for this. What I find when I compare the two is that there are extra trades in the real time data. Often they are very much invalid such as an extremely large size. This has a huge impact on any indicators using volume, especially those using the delta of bid/ask transactions.

I'm attaching an example.

This isn't an isolated case, it happens consistently all the time in the markets I follow (Euro, Crude, Dax, Bund). When I look at the differences, they start shortly after I last reloaded the historical data.

This example is from overnight. When the markets are open, there are even more differences. So much so that the bid/ask data is useless.

I am hoping there is a way to correct this problem so that I can use the footprint & delta indicators.

Thanks for your attention in this matter.

File Attached: data diff 1.png (downloaded 1731 times)

cunparis
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 01:33 AM          Msg. 2 of 7
Continuing my investigation, I now compare my data with tradestation (attached).

Tradestation has the "extra" trades in its time & sales. However they're marked as "below bid" and "filtered from chart". TS reports these trades at 1.2700.

I see a couple possibilities:

1 - IQFeed sends these trades real time as "below bid" and Market Delta interprets them as "at bid" (a mistake in my opinion).

2 - IQFeed sends these trades real time as "at bid" and Market Delta doesn't know anything.

Can someone from IQFeed tell me which is the case?

In both cases, it seems these trades are not present in the historical data.

File Attached: data diff 2 with tradestation.png (downloaded 1522 times)

cunparis
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 07:45 AM          Msg. 3 of 7
I found out that Market Delta will interpret a trade below bid as being at the bid. And a trade above the ask as being at the ask.

So it seems IQFeed is sending the correct data real time and then filtering these trades out for the historical data. Hopefully someone from IQFeed can confirm.

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 11:17 AM          Msg. 4 of 7
Hi cunparis,

I am loooking into the difference. My first thought is they are trades removed by the exchange. But I want to confim that. I will let you know what I find out.

Stan S

What we do today, determines how people remember us forever.
Be the positive force in someone life.

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 12:39 PM          Msg. 5 of 7
Hi Cunparis,

I just heard back from our Market Integrity dept.
They are implied trades that are recorded as the current value at the time of the trade message. These implied trade messages do not get stored in IQ history, however, that is why you are not seeing it when you recall the data.

Stan S

cunparis
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 12:58 PM          Msg. 6 of 7
Thanks for the quick response. I've never heard of this, can you explain more what it's about?

It sounds like it's up to the software to accept or ignore them. I know Tradestation ignores them for the charting. I'm hoping MarketDelta / Investor RT will do the same as it completely wrecks any volume analysis.

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 01:47 PM          Msg. 7 of 7
Implied trades are part of the "Non qualifying last trades" Here is a defenition I got from Market Interity

Implied is a trade condition. Below is an explanation of how implied trades come about.

Implied IN spread orders derive from existing outright orders in individual legs. Implied OUT outright orders are derived from a combination of an existing spread order and an existing outright order in one of the individual underlying legs. Implied functionality fills in “holes” in the market. In other words, it allows both spreads and outright futures traders to participate in a specific contract where there would otherwise have been little or no available bids and asks. Such implied quotes are critical to building volume in new electronic markets like the NYMEX energy contracts.

Stan S

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 12:27 AM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003