Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Forex Market Hours
Author Topic: Forex Market Hours (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

matthewklein
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 27, 2004 09:08 AM          Msg. 1 of 2
I don't know much about how the Forex markets work, so if this is a stupid question, please forgive me. My understanding is that Forex markets trade practically 24 hours per day. But the Barclays and Tullet quotes that IQFeed provides to my software do seem to have "dead periods" when the quotes do not change. Thus it seems that there are times - for certain forex exchanges - when the markets do in fact close -- or at least when these particular dealers do not provide quotes.

How do I find out when the markets for a particular forex symbol are "open?" (That is, how do I know when the quote provided by IQfeed is a changable quote, and not a stale yesterday's price?) Does this information vary by symbol? By dealer (ie different for Barclays and Tullet?)

Is there a Web site which lists the market windows for each forex symbol?

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Matthew

Matthew Klein

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 27, 2004 10:02 AM          Msg. 2 of 2
Mathew,

We did experience an outage from Barclays early this morning that lasted about 1.5 hours. Forex trades nearly 24/7 as volume moves throughout the major Forex markets (it decreases in one market, and picks up in another).

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Tue May 7, 2024 8:31 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003