Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »64 Bit Version
Author Topic: 64 Bit Version (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)

squirlhntr
-Interested User-

Posted: May 30, 2008 12:57 PM          Msg. 1 of 13
Any plans on releasing a 64 bit version?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 30, 2008 01:00 PM          Msg. 2 of 13
There are no current plans on releasing a 64bit version of IQFeed (although this topic does get discussed occasionally).

It is more likely that we will release a 64bit compatable version of IQ32.dll in the near future which would enable our 3rd party developers to use 64bit in thier applications that use IQ32.dll.

pavelz
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 06:19 PM          Msg. 3 of 13
I just though it'd be helpful to tie this topic with the actual error message you might be getting from the following line:

((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.IQFeed)).EndInit();

COMException was unhandleded:
Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

Solution - don't build your project for "Any CPU", build it for x86 (32-bit).

Pavel Zeman

elwebst
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 12, 2008 12:15 AM          Msg. 4 of 13
Steve, any progress on a compatible version?
Edited by elwebst on Dec 12, 2008 at 12:15 AM

elwebst
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 12:46 AM          Msg. 5 of 13
bump - any progress on a 64-bit compatible version?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 02:43 PM          Msg. 6 of 13
There are still no plans to make a version of IQConnect that is 64bit.

As I mentioned above, distributing a 64bit version of the functionality in IQ32.dll and iq_jni.dll (for java users) is a possibility but is not scheduled for a release at this time.

In the meantime, the current workaround (if you are developing a 64bit app to interact with the feed) is to launch the feed using a 32bit app and then communicate with the feed via sockets. The diagnostics app included with the installation can be used to launch the feed (you will need to configure it to use your productID) or you can write your own 32bit launcher app to accomplish this and retain control over the functionality in IQ32.dll within your code.

Randolfe
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 08:08 PM          Msg. 7 of 13
I am considering leaving DTN/IQ because of this. Increasingly I must use 64-bit platform & framework to handle the memory requirements of my systems. It's not that big of a request. You don't have to redesign the whole thing, just wrap it.

I don't want to do this work myself because it's what I'm paying my data vendor to do.

jdfagan
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 04:49 PM          Msg. 8 of 13
AmiBroker trading platform has been patiently waiting for its first data vendor to go 64-bit for well over a year (maybe 2 now):

http://www.amibroker.com/x64/

To quote them on the page: "64-bit data plugins are not available yet because data vendors do not provide 64-bit APIs yet. We wait for data vendors to catch up with 64-bit technology."

Its frustrating to not have any data vendors take on this easy win. Why not stop resting on your laurels and lead the industry with this low hanging fruit of 64-bit technology? Just because not many users express this need does not mean there is no demand IMO...

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 08:08 AM          Msg. 9 of 13
I can assure you were aren't "resting on our laurels". We have been actively developing enhancements to IQFeed (which does "lead the industry"). A 64bit IQFeed is on the priority list. Because IQFeed works on a 64bit system today, there isn't an urgent need for it and we must weigh the development effort and opportunity cost of creating a native 64bit client against the overall market demand. You are right, there is some demand. However, the demand is higher for things such as making the current IQFeed client faster and more efficient or for a Java version of IQFeed that is cross platform.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

elwebst
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 06:33 PM          Msg. 10 of 13
As I understand it, you can't launch a 32-bit program on a 64-bit machine that uses the 32-bit DLL. So the workaround would require IQFeed to be running on a different, 32-bit, machine and the two apps communicate between them. All of my machines are 64-bit, so that workaround would be difficult for me.

Back in the day (the 16->32 bit transition) there was a thunk layer you could use to communicate from a 32-bit app to a 16-bit DLL. AFAIK that doesn't exist in Vista x64.

I'm all for a faster IQFeed, but at some point the 64-bit transition will have to be made, and there will always be competing priorities. We'd be appreciative of whatever help you could provide. A "wrapper" to allow a 64-bit .Net program to communicate with the 32-bit DLL, or other underlying technology, would be appreciated.

Eric

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 09:14 AM          Msg. 11 of 13
"As I understand it, you can't launch a 32-bit program on a 64-bit machine that uses the 32-bit DLL. So the workaround would require IQFeed to be running on a different, 32-bit, machine and the two apps communicate between them. All of my machines are 64-bit, so that workaround would be difficult for me."

Eric, you are not correct here in this statement (or perhaps I did not understand what you were trying to say?). You can certainly launch a 32bit application using 32bit dlls on a 64bit install of windows (both XP64 and Vista64). What you cannot do, is mix 32bit and 64bit assemblies in the same process on a 64bit install of windows. They can be running at the same time, they simply need to be in separate processes. This means you cannot load a 32bit dll from a 64bit application (or vis versa) on 64bit windows.

Of course sockets communication is 32bit/64bit independant which means that if you can find a way to initially launch the feed, your app can communicate with the feed without problems and without reguard to if your app is running in 32bit mode or 64bit mode (on the same machine as IQConnect). We already provide a method to launch the feed in the install (our Diagnostics App) that is completely independant of your application so this should be a minor issue for most of our 3rd party developers until we get a 64bit assembly released to allow you to launch the feed from your own app.

There are two drawbacks to using this method to launch the feed. The first is that your app will not get the notification when the feed is launched that everything is ready to send/recieve data. If your app relies on this information for operation (automation), then you will need to write a 32bit app that launches the feed and forwards this information on to your 64bit app. The second is that this requires your 64bit app to use sockets to communicate with the feed instead of COM.

These are issues we understand and are working towards a solution. However, as Jay mentioned, it is not our highest priority on the development list at this time.

bakedwafer
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 10:59 PM          Msg. 12 of 13
I have also installed 32-bit Windows 7 and receive the following error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was unhandled
Message="Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"
Source="System.Windows.Forms"
ErrorCode=-2147221164

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 09:39 AM          Msg. 13 of 13
This is a very old thread and it is unrelated to your post so I am going to lock this one (and I replied to the other thread you stared on this subject).

However, I would like to point out, for anyone reading this thread, that IQFeed can now (as of version 4.7) be launched without using IQ32.dll making the issue in this thread no longer an issue.

Time: Tue May 14, 2024 6:57 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003