Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Common Troubleshooting Tips »Problems logging in? Check here first!
Author Topic: Problems logging in? Check here first! (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:18 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
Problem: - IQ Feed will not connect.

Are you getting an error message? If not, restart your PC, verify that IQ Feed is installed properly, and try connecting again.

What error message do you see?

Error Message: - "Unable to Connect to IQ List Server"
This is usually caused by one of four scenarios.
  • Firewall/Router Software/Hardware is blocking port 60020

• Firewall Software (meaning on the client computer) is blocking IQConnect.exe from accessing the internet or you are not connected to the internet.

• Some other software is already using port 60020.

• Bad install of IQFeed.

Resolution:
Step 1: Verify that you are able to connect to (and browse) the internet. If not, reboot your router/modem and/or contact your ISP.

Step 2: Verify that your firewall software is not blocking IQ Feed from connecting to the internet. Generally, there is an Internet Applications or Configuration section. IQConnect.exe, IQLink.exe, and DTNIQ.exe (if installed) all need to be allowed or unblocked.

Step 3: If you are still unable to connect, try closing other internet applications that may be using the same port. This includes programs like web accelerators.

Step 4: Re-install IQ Feed. You can do this here: http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=support§ion=download
Please close the IQ Connect window and any software associated with IQ Feed before downloading.

If you still cannot login, please contact IQ Feed support at 1-800-763-9959 or support@iqfeed.net. Please include your login ID or account number.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Nov 13, 2007 at 01:11 PM

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:23 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Problem:

IQ Feed will not connect.

Are you getting an error message? If not, restart your PC, verify that IQ Feed is installed properly, and try connecting again.

Error Message:-"Failure retrieving login information"

• Outdated version of IQ Feed/DTN IQ or a bad installation.

• Firewall will not allow IQ Feed to connect to the internet. Please follow the steps above for firewall configuration.

• Problem with internet connection.

Resolution:
Re-install IQ Feed or DTN IQ.

Generally, this problem is solved by re-installing IQ Feed or DTN IQ. The error message can be casued by other issues, as it is a rather "general" error. If the above issues don't appear to be casuing the problem, and you are not able to login after re-installing, please contact IQ Feed support at 1-800-763-9959 or support@iqfeed.net. Please include your login ID or account number.
Edited by DTN_SarahS on Nov 13, 2007 at 02:40 PM

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:35 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Problem:

Error message:-"Create Startup Mutex Failed"

• This error message is caused by a duplicate IQ32.dll file on your computer.

Resolution:
This is very common with users of certain third-party software programs. If you get this message, you will need to do a search for the IQ32.dll file on your PC. To do so, follow the steps below:
Click on Start, then Search.
Search for files or folders named: IQ32
Look in: My Computer
Under Search Options, check the adavnced options box.
Under advanced options, check search system folders, search subfolders, search for hidden files or folders.
Then go ahead and click "Search Now".

You will then see a list of files called IQ32.dll.
You will need to switch to the "detail" view.
The only IQ32.dll file that needs to be there is in folder C:\Program Files\DTN\IQFeed.
Any other IQ32.dll files will need to be deleted. (right click, and delete)
If you have any questions, or are not comfortable deleting these files on your own, please contact us at 1-800-793-9959.

After the duplicate IQ32.dll file is removed, you will be able to login to IQ Feed. You may need to first restart your computer.

If you have further questions or problems logging in, please contact IQ Feed support at 1-800-763-9959 or support@iqfeed.net. Please include your login ID or account number.

Edited by DTN_SarahS on Nov 13, 2007 at 02:55 PM

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:50 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Problem:

Error Message:- "Sorry, your Product and/or Service for the attempted login are incorrect. If you have recently changed products you may also need to change your type of service. Please contact DTN customer support for service."

Resolution:
By all means, go ahead and give us a call at 1-800-763-9959. However, if it is 2am our time and we are not available, there are a few things that can be done.

Did you just try to login with a new third-party software? If you signed up with certain software, you may not be authorized to use IQ Feed with any other software.

If you use QuoteTracker, you have a different authorization. You will not be able to use any other software with the feed without contacting DTN to change the authorization.

Continue using your original software until you are able to contact us.
Edited by DTN_SarahS on Nov 13, 2007 at 02:58 PM

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:58 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
Problem:

Error Message: "Sorry, your password is incorrect. Your correct password was given to you when you registered for service." or
"Sorry your login id was not found. Your correct login id was given to you when you registered for service."

Resolution:
Delete the login and password from the login and password or pin field and re-enter your correct login and password. You originally received an email containing your login and password when you signed up for service. Enter this information now.

You may have the login and/or password saved incorrectly within your third-party software. Most have a "data settings" tab at the top, check to see that your DTN IQ login and password are saved correctly. Re-enter your login and password, save the changes, close the software, and log back in. You should now be able to connect.

If you still cannot login, please contact IQ Feed support at 1-800-763-9959 or support@iqfeed.net. Please include your login ID or account number.
Edited by DTN_SarahS on Nov 13, 2007 at 03:00 PM

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 5:17 PM CFBB v1.2.0 22 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003