Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Data Problem Today
Author Topic: Data Problem Today (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

stargazer
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 17, 2007 02:03 PM          Msg. 1 of 6
I encountered a data stopage today at about 10:20 through 10:30. Noticed on NQZ7. I was away from my computer so unsure if maybe my Cable Internet connection cut out. Was hooked up to server 66.112.148.113 using QuoteTracker charting. Tried forcing a backfill but no luck filling in missing data. Exited QT and reloaded and was connected to a "156" server and all was fine. No missing data.

stargazer
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 17, 2007 02:06 PM          Msg. 2 of 6
RE: Above. Is there a way to force login to "156" servers only?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 17, 2007 02:42 PM          Msg. 3 of 6
You can force your connection to 156 in the same way that you force to 148. Simply change the login.interquote.com ip address in your hosts file to be 66.112.156.210 instead of 66.112.148.210

stargazer
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 17, 2007 05:42 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Steve, where's the "Hosts" file located? I'm looking in the DTN/IQfeed directories under program files but there isn't a file called "Hosts".

Thnx

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 17, 2007 06:41 PM          Msg. 5 of 6
The location varies. It isn't a DTN file, it is a windows system file. Usually, it is in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\

The file is called "hosts" and doesn't have a file extension.

FYI: The problem this morning affecting the .148.x server farm was due to a switch on the network that went bad. Under normal circumstances, we would just redirect all user to the other data center while we restore the system. Unfortunately, the other data center is running the older server code and many users have hardcoded their systems to only connect to the .148.x server farm.

Because of this outage, we are going to direct all users automatically to the other datacenter for historical requests only (other datacenter being the x.x.156.x server farm). We will run in this configuration all week to avoid further corrupting data on the x.x.148.x farm). The unfortunate side affect is that we won't have second resolution or pre/post market data for this week. We are currently scheduled to release the new code to the x.x.156.x server farm this weekend, which will provide us full redundancy for the new code and features.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

stargazer
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 17, 2007 11:22 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
Thnx....

Time: Sun May 5, 2024 1:15 PM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003