Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Barclays data quoting 0.0000
Author Topic: Barclays data quoting 0.0000 (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Sep 3, 2007 11:00 PM          Msg. 1 of 10
About 8 of my 13 symbols are quoting 0.0000 and are not changing. Please fix immediately. I'm on the 148 servers.

Best regards,
MK
Edited by midknight on Sep 3, 2007 at 11:06 PM

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 12:08 AM          Msg. 2 of 10
Is anyone working in DTN's 24 hour data integrity team, or are you guys asleep at the wheel? 1 hour after reporting and data remains the same as when it was reported.

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 05:54 PM          Msg. 3 of 10
Fix the large spikes down to 0.0000 in the affected pairs please. Daily and intraday data is affected.

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Sep 5, 2007 06:58 PM          Msg. 4 of 10
As requested by Jay in the thread 'DTN Reliability' from memory some of the affected symbols were BUSDCAD, BAUDUSD and more which I cannot remember. I did a complete data refresh yesterday morning when I made the previous post and told neoticker to force an overwrite of the previous days data. Look at the intraday charts, 60 minute timeframe would suffice, but it should show up on any timeframe.

I've manually edited out the 0.0000 spikes in my local data, that is why I cannot remember exactly all the symbols.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 5, 2007 08:06 PM          Msg. 5 of 10
This is where the problem is... we can't replicate it. I checked both server farms, and here is the chart of the data direct out of the server. I know there has been an issue in the past with NT not truly clearing the data when you tell it to. Is it possible that is still happening? I will need to check, but I don't think we record zero prices to history. Thus, if Barclays sent zero prices in the feed, and NT recorded that on the fly, that is why you are seeing it but we don't have it in our history files.

Earlier today, I brought up intraday charts on every barclays spot price and didn't see any zero prices over the past 10 days.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

File Attached: BUSDCAD60min.PNG (downloaded 1624 times)

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Sep 5, 2007 08:31 PM          Msg. 6 of 10
If the zeros are still being seen, would it be of value to turn on local logging to see what the local iqfeed client sees? Then the data record can be evaluated to see if neoticker is tripping over something else in inbound data.

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Sep 5, 2007 11:09 PM          Msg. 7 of 10
It's possible this could be a neoticker issue then if you cannot see it on your end. I won't be able to try it again until tomorrow when I restart the computers before starting my session. I'll purge my intraday cache on BUSDCAD prior to starting neoticker.

Frustrating to debug for me. The first assumption I make is neoticker stores the data it is given, thus I always assume data problems are the fault of data vendor. My sincere apologies to DTN if this turns out to not be the case.

If this turns out to be a neoticker problem then it means a simple restart might have fixed my problem when it first occurred. It also means I wasted a perfectly good evening of trading :(

Thanks for the comments stargrazer, I'll try this tomorrow if the problem persists.

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Sep 6, 2007 06:15 PM          Msg. 8 of 10
I cleaned out my BUSDCAD minute cache before starting up this morning and requested a full historical data backfill for the weeks data. Low and behold, the 0.0000 data point was not there. My sincere apologies DTN for ranting about it without checking neoticker first. Neoticker does indeed store the data it is given, as those 0.0000 quotes must have been received by it somehow, however when I requested that it overwrite the previously collected data it wasn't doing that. I suspect this could be a problem with the RAM cache vs. the disk cache. Not sure, I'll contact them on this point later today. I just wanted to express my apologies for venting frustrations here.

Best regards,
MK

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 6, 2007 07:44 PM          Msg. 9 of 10
Midnight,

You don't need to apologize. We are here to support our users. Unfortunately, some issues are out of our control, and it is our job to point those issues out. In the end, you received data with zero prices in the live feed. These obviously aren't valid prices and we need to be better about filtering them. Luckily, we do filter zero prices as we write it to history so users can reload with clean data. If we were to filter the data on the fly, we run the risk of adding latency to the feed, which we don't want to do. Believe it or not, we actually started filtering zero prices a few years ago due to stock market data the exchanges sent with zero prices. Data is a "dirty" business and we are constantly challenged with finding ways to efficiently clean it up.

As we have discussed, the best scenario is to find a feed that provides cleaner data from the start...

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

midknight
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Sep 6, 2007 10:27 PM          Msg. 10 of 10
Data is a "dirty" business, I like it Jay.

Yes, finding a quality feed is the best solution to find. Until then though, I can filter the data to not receive 0.0000 quotes from the live feed I think. I'll look into that this weekend.

Best regards,
MK

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 5:01 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003