Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN Satellite Products »Satellite Spectrum vs. ProphetX
Author Topic: Satellite Spectrum vs. ProphetX (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

stum
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 10, 2007 02:34 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Been using the satellite feed and Spectrum platform for a few months. All I trade is the mini-Russell 2000. I use a 20 minute bar chart and only the provided 4 & 9 moving averages. To be honest, the Spectrum seems to be extremely antiquated as if I'm back to a PC using DOS mode. Trading success is so-so, my fault not the program I am interested in switching over to the internet feed and ProphetX software. More up to date, much easier to manuever between charts, indices, etc. I currently have a High Interest window where I track INDU, COMPX and S&P500 for quick views of trends. Is this possible with ProphetX? Would like to hear opinions pro and con. Also, since I am already tied into a 12 month contract for the satellite, will DTN allow me to withdraw from that if I go with the internet feed? Those of you that trade ProphetX, do you have two PC's with one for broker and other for DTN, split screens, 2 monitors, etc. Would like to hear about your setup. Thanks a million!

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Apr 10, 2007 02:43 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
With ProphetX, you can setup the screens anyway you like. I would suggest a small Quote Sheet with the 3 indexes that you can then position anywhere on the screen you want. Another option is to use the quick quote window at the top of ProphetX which will scroll through symbols you program in (one at a time will scroll through).

There really should be nothing but PRO's when comparing Spectrum to ProphetX, unless the only way you can get data is via Satellite. ProphetX will require a broadband internet connection.

You should easily be able to run ProphetX as well as your execution platform (broker) on the same machine. Many users will use a single PC, with multiple monitors in order to spread the windows out a bit though.

We will allow you to roll from a Spectrum Contract into a new ProphetX annual contract.

Please contact your original sales rep and he should be able to get you switched over to ProphetX.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

stum
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 11, 2007 03:36 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Thanks Jay. Very informative and helpful. I have gone ahead and started the switch by contacting Robert and then contacted by Tony as to the procedure involved. I have downloaded ProphetX Active Trader ver 3.2.2.12. I am only going to trade the mini Russell 2000 contracts. Right now I need to set up the screen so that I have a chart that consists of a 20 minute bar with the default settings that Spectrum has for Moving Averages of Red line for 4 bar and green line for 9 bar. Robert recommended that I only needed CBOT and CME exchanges. As for my earlier post where I stated that I like to have a visual track of the INDU, COMPEX and S&P 500; help would be appreciated there too. Can you help with this initial set up or do I need to contact tech support by phone for the set up? Again, thank you.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Apr 11, 2007 03:49 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Tony, or Support should both be able to help. We should be able to walk you through setting up a workbook and or some chart templates that will have the settings you desire. Essentially, you will want to bring up a chart window. Type "@ER@A,20" ('@A' after the root symbol will always automatically roll to the most active contract. The ",20" will draw a 20 minute interval chart) and hit enter.

Then, right click on the chart and choose "Add Study" to add any studies you want with the parameters you need.

Once you have the chart the way you like it, right click on the chart and choose "Save Template". This will allow you to create a name for this template that you can quickly apply to any other charts you create. You can also choose to have it set as the default template, so all new charts you open will have these same settings.

I would also strongly suggest attending our Monday ProphetX web demos.

When: Every Monday, 3:00 pm, Central Daylight Time (GMT -05:00, Chicago)

Topics include:

DTN ProphetX™ User Interface
Accessing News
Accessing Quotes
Accessing Charts and history
Adding Basic Studies to Charts
Basic Options

Please click the following link to view or edit your meeting information, or to start your meeting.

https://dtn.webex.com/dtn/j.php?ED=91219452&UID=54297642

Meeting number: 801 777 985
Meeting password: prx123

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

stum
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 12, 2007 12:25 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Have installed ProphetX and had Art help me setup needed chart. Looking at Prophet and Spectrum side by side, I am confused. Same contract up on both monitors. MiniRussell 2000 is the future. Time on west coast here is 10:13 AM. Prophet shows 9:50 bar trading, Spectrum has 9:50 bar closed and 10:10 bar trading. What am I missing? Also, Context Bar on bottom is gone. Was not able to resolve by clicking F2. Box for Auto Hide is unchecked under Preferences. And one last item, current active bar on chart is completely over to right and almost under price column. How do I move or scroll chart to my left to better view activity? Scroll arrows on bottom right do nothing and Context Bar is unavailable. Thank you.

Time: Thu April 18, 2024 6:54 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003