Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN Satellite Products »Platform closes down.
Author Topic: Platform closes down. (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

TRADERTIM
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 22, 2007 10:15 AM          Msg. 1 of 3
I use DTN satellite feed with Tradestation 2000i. I am using a P4 3 gig computer with 1 gig of ram. OS is WindowsXP service pack 2. The sat. feed works flawlessly, my problem is that during trading hours my platform is very unstable. If I change a parameter or look at the performance report it is most likely that the platform will lock up. The platform turns completly white. All I have to do is restart 2000i in order to get back up again. If I do not open any windows or try to change the platform it operates my systems, collects data perfectly and never stops. I have to make all changes during non-trading times. Can anyone help?
Thanks
tim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 22, 2007 12:49 PM          Msg. 2 of 3
Hello,

Have you verified that you have the latest version of your software installed? I have not ran into similar issues on other 2000i satellite installations. Perhaps you run a heavier load, how many symbols are you actively watching? What changes are we talking about? Changing colums, charts, or misc settings? Anything specific at all?

Let me know.

Tim

TRADERTIM
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 22, 2007 04:02 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
I am only watching one futures symbol. There are only four windows open on the workspace and only one workspace open. This computer is dedicated to trading only. There are no other programs running on this computer. It does not take much to make it lock up. If I change a parameter on one window it will usually lock up. I don't believe this is a DTN problem I believe it has something to do with TS. I have nothing to back that up except that the Global server never has any problems. The computer constantly looks like it is being taxed to the limit. The hourglass is almost constantly up. Just for yucks I installed the program on another computer and had the same problem so I feel pretty secure it is software. As far as the latest version, I have loaded all the updates to TS I can find. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Tim

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 8:00 PM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003