Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »hmm... older version iqfeed
Author Topic: hmm... older version iqfeed (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

lbfvt
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 22, 2006 07:03 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
hiya's & season's greetings! :)

hmm... i'm running dynastore for dtn which uses an older version of iqfeed - ver 2.272
to be precise - which usually runs exceptionally well, actually. 8)

although this week it seems to wanna disconnect onna daily/nitely basis, however.
and last nite was the first time ever that it didn't wanna re-connect afterwards!
my dtniq would connect at that time last nite, so i was figuring to update to ver 4.111
or 4.120, but then this a.m. when i figured to try 1 last time before updating... the
darn thing re-connected & has worked fine since then :)?

so after noting the time of my last quote received last nite, my question(s) to you is -

did anything of note happen last nite at 8:47pm (eastern) that mighta prompted
a disconnect - older version or otherwise? and any idea why my older version
which re-connected 1st attempt this a.m. at 5:47am wouldn't re-connect anytime
up til midnite last nite while my newer version dtniq would?

...i'm really just wondering why the older iqfeed wouldn't re-connect at the time
ver 4.111 would - that, and perhaps why it's been disconnecting all this week
all-of-a-suddenly... in other words, y'all been doing anything out-of-the-ordinary
this week at your end that mighta even remotely somehow managed to knock me
off at this end?

thanks for any info :)

(and yes i know i oughta upgrade, but otherwise been so reliable i'm figuring not
to monkey with it until it really dies & won't come back, eh ];)

lbfvt!

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Dec 22, 2006 07:10 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
We did have an issue that lasted until about 12:30 am ET that caused 3rd party software issues with logging in. DTN.IQ was able to login without issue, but 3rd party software, such as dynastore wouldn'tt have been able to. This would have caused probelms with all versions of IQFeed as it was a configuration issue on our servers, not a client problem. They cause of the problem was identified, and steps are being taken to make sure it doesn't happen again.

See also: http://forums.dtniq.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=1367 .

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

lbfvt
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 22, 2006 06:49 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
interesting - thanks for the info, eh. it's nice knowing it was basicly a fluke-type thing :)

inna nutshell (if you've the time/opportunity), can ya kinda explain what it was -
or is that beyond the scope of the thread? just being a nuts 'n bolts kinda guy
makes me curious about things of this nature ;)

thanks again for putting my mind back at ease
lbfvt!

lbfvt
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 10, 2007 01:14 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
...fyi - been working like a charm ever since

Time: Fri May 3, 2024 8:52 PM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003