Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Wish List »Send a timestamp immediately upon connecting
Author Topic: Send a timestamp immediately upon connecting (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

SierraChart
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 23, 2006 12:59 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
Our software uses the date and time given in the timestamp messages sent from the IQFeed Client. One problem we have with this is that it could take up to a minute to receive the first timestamp message. It would be best if the client could send a timestamp immediately when we first connect along with the other initial connection messages.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 23, 2006 01:25 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
There is currently a timestamp sent during the Initialization of the feed.

This is detailed in the documentation section titled "Initializing for TCP/IP" and although it isnt mentioned in the section "Initializing for COM", the same communication takes place and is passed to the client as you can see from the example apps.

Additionally, If using TCP/IP, you can make a S,REQUEST STATS and the resulting Market Time can be used to "sync" your app.

SierraChart
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 23, 2006 01:59 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
I have been using the TCP/IP, but looking over the messages that I receive when I connect, the timestamp is not included. This is what I get:

S,KEY,...
S,SERVER CONNECTED
S,IP,...
S,CUST,...
S,KEYOK

Then some seconds later, after I've already requested and started receiving streaming data I will get the timestamp message. The documentation says that a timestamp message is received every minute, and it seems to be the case that it is only received at the top of each minute. If I happen to connect 10 seconds after the top of the minute, I have to wait 50 seconds before the next timestamp arrives. I think normally the timestamp comes soon enough that it's not much of a problem, but when I'm starting updates immediately on connection, the delay can be a problem.

Thank you for letting me know about the S,REQUEST STATS message. That should help me get the right time.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 23, 2006 02:33 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
The timestamp is sent between the S,CUST message and the S,KEYOK message but appears to currently only be sent on the inital login. If you open another client (without first logging out) the Timestamp is not sent. I will look into this.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 12:02 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003