Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Unable to connect - Easter Sunday - Quotes
Author Topic: Unable to connect - Easter Sunday - Quotes (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

matthewklein
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 09:42 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
My software is able to connect to retrieve historical data, but cannot connect to quote servers:

SERVER STATUS = DISCONNECTED.

I wanted to post here to alert someone at IQFeed.

Is this a planned outage? If so, it would be really great if you could announce it somewhere so that your customers don't spend a couple hours diagnosing the problem, pulling their hair out, etc.

If this is an unplanned outage, can you please investigate? I know it's Easter, but instruments start trading tonight in the overnight sessions, and I want to make sure everything will work.

Thanks

Matthew Klein

EspressoE
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 10:26 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
Hi Matthew,

I also started getting the disconnections around 10 PM Eastern Time on Saturday (April 15). I haven't been able to resolve it as of yet on my end and haven't changed anything on my end.

Background Info
I was hoping it would be working better this morning, but it isn't. I'm using the TCP/IP connection and receive the proper S,KEYOK<LF> response after connecting but after about 30 seconds, I get a disconnection and then the system reconnects. Historical requests seem to normally go through fine, but they sometimes get aborted as well.

So . . . it looks like something has changed on the IQFeed side of things.

-Eric

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 10:32 AM          Msg. 3 of 6
Our ops group is looking into this and it should be resolved shortly.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Edited by DTN_Jay_Froscheiser on Apr 16, 2006 at 10:32 AM

EspressoE
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 10:46 AM          Msg. 4 of 6
WOW Jay, I didn't expect you guys to work on this today! Let's hope the resolution is quick and easy so you can get back to enjoying your weekend.

-Eric

EspressoE
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 11:25 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
I've been connected for 12 minutes without a disconnect so far, so whatever you are doing is helping.

EspressoE
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 12:06 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
I've been connected for over an hour without a disconnect, so from my viewpoint, the problem has been solved.

Thanks Jay et al!

-Eric

Time: Fri July 26, 2024 7:09 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003