Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Wish List »Add time released snapshot data in addition to realtime watches
Author Topic: Add time released snapshot data in addition to realtime watches (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

FullyArticulate
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 9, 2006 11:35 AM          Msg. 1 of 8
Hello!

I have a variety of indicies I keep track of to display to the user. And in some cases, I'd like to display a heatmap of the entire S&P 500. I don't really need realtime trade-by-trade quotes--a simple price update every 10 seconds (assuming it even changed) or even less frequently would be sufficient. It would be really useful to have a time-released snapshot data subscription that doesn't count against the 500 realtime symbols. Without tracking every trade, the bandwidth used should be substantially less then a realtime tracker, and so we should be allowed more of them.

Alternatively, a command which delivers a snapshot quote one-time. For example, sending a "SQ,MSFT" (Snapshot Quote) would deliver the most recent price information. There's obviously potential for abuse (just constantly polling the snapshot quote), but it would seem easier for you to find and deal with then even the swapping out watchlist problems you pointed out earlier.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

xiang888
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 21, 2007 05:42 AM          Msg. 2 of 8
I totally agree a snapshot as what interactivebrokers does is great for people watching many active stocks. today, i am watching the most 200 active stocks, and the quotes are delayed as much as 1.5 hours. I suggest iqfeed to provide an option so that users can choose snapshot or every quote.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Apr 21, 2007 10:17 AM          Msg. 3 of 8
The quotes are delayed by 1.5 hours? I don't even know how that could be possible, unless you have a HUGE queue in your software. The servers will start dropping data to you if your software can't keep up, it won't queue it. Thus, if you are seeing queues, that has to be in your software.

We have a snapshot method on our to-do list. It won't happen for awhile, but it is on the list.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

xiang888
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 21, 2007 07:26 PM          Msg. 4 of 8
I checked my code, and found the code printed out and then wrote down to hard disk all the messages it received. Since I was watching the 200 most active stocks, the information is huge. the file is about 900 MB after the day was closed. the 1.5 Hour delay may be due to the queue from onscreen print out and hard disk writing. I apologize for my post if that is the reason for the delay. I will turn off the hard-disk writing and onscreen printing and all other processing for all messages on monday to see how the quote keeps updated,and will report back what I have found. I am using cable with 3MB bandwidth. I am doing this to find out how many stocks I should monitor, which is critical for my trading.

I am very glad to hear that the snapshot idea is on the todo list. I believe lots of traders would be happy to have the option so that we can monitor more stocks without giving too much pressure on your server. I am eager to try this new feature.

xiang888
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 23, 2007 09:21 AM          Msg. 5 of 8
As I said in my previous post, I am monitoring the most 200 active stocks this morning by turning off onscreen printout and hard disk writing. I am happy to find out that there is no delay from iqfeed quote. Iqfeed is indeed wonderful and I wish I have tried the product earlier. I do not know what will happen if I monitor 1000 stocks. I do suggest even if Iqfeed is so fast, a snapshot quote option would be still a big plus both for your server and our clients. Sorry for my first misleading post.

diffusion
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 12:43 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
I also need a real-time panoramic snapshot to do market-wide scan, ideally right before market close (to place market buy at close order for those chosen stocks). Just wondering whether such method is available. The standard 500 symbol stream data is also needed for monitoring my holdings, but I definitely need the snapshot for scanning the market. What I need in the snapshot is simply symbol, open, high, low, close, and volume. For 6000 symbols, the size of the data is less than 200K based on my estimation. Shouldn't be a problem on network bandwidth.

Thanks.

-D

reptarman
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 12:11 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
It would rather have a way to get the current summary and fundamental message for a symbol without any additional update messages. I'm wanting to download fundamental data for all available symbols. With the current API I would have to watch and unwatch each symbol to get that information? This would probably be interpreted as trying to bypass my symbol limit. What is the recommended method for downloading fundamental data? Adding a snapshot feature that sends the initial messages for a watch seems like an easy one to add.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 30, 2013 08:35 AM          Msg. 8 of 8
We are working on enhancements to IQFeed that will provide snapshot methods to retrieve data. However, we currently have a service that likely will satisfy you needs since you are looking for data for the entire market. As you know, IQFeed provides a symbol limit service and attempting to access data on all symbols in the market is outside the scope of the IQFeed service/license.

We provide an FTP service that will provide a snapshot of the entire market for you on the timed basis. For information about this service, please contact Jerry Chandler at 800-652-2291 or prosales@dtn.com.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 7:13 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003