Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »V4 Disconnection problems
Author Topic: V4 Disconnection problems (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Oct 9, 2005 07:01 PM          Msg. 1 of 8
Here is the message that was originally posted and for some reason didn't make it to the forum properly:
I'm trying to use the DDE interface along with 4 - 5 different excel spreadsheets opened up at the same time. Each spreadsheet has a unique group of data ie earnings, oil, ETFs ...
The problem is this, while reviewing each spreadsheet and deciding that there is not much activity
I closed that spreadsheet only to find that the others shut down also. This has nothing to do with
a 500 symbol limit because I am no where near it. This new version doesn't seem to know about the other spreadsheets that were still active. I haven't used it in this mode before and would like to know how DTN checks out this software before releasing it. Is there a predefined limit to how I can use with this client? I seem to remember on 2.3 that it could detect multiple programs and did not do this. I also remember seeing in one of your advertisements that you supported multiple connections for making high performance programs or something like that. Please let me know i! f
I am pushing this software beyond it's design spec or maybe DTN no longer cares about old technologies like DDE and the QA of this software is focused elsewhere.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 9, 2005 07:06 PM          Msg. 2 of 8
The DDE server in IQFeed didn't really change much in 4.0, except that we made sure it supported all of the fields we were sending in the IQFeed. However, we are looking into an issue that may have been introduced due to changes in the way we process the connections within IQFeed. The DDE server made available with IQFeed is technically a piece of code that rides on top of IQFeed. It wasn't heavily tested prior to release of the new IQFeed client. This problem has nothing to do with symbol limits, multiple client connections, or use of IQFeed. It sounds like a bug and its something we will look into fixing for the next build. If you can provide any more details on how we can replicate the issue it would be appreciated as well and would lend to a faster resolution.

Sending the spreadsheets you use would be of great help. You can email them to support and reference this thread in your email.

Thanks

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Oct 10, 2005 10:38 AM          Msg. 3 of 8
This was a bug, and will be fixed in the next IQFeed release. Thanks!

Natalie

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 10, 2005 12:32 PM          Msg. 4 of 8
Still not sure why these posts aren't making it to the forum:
Quote:
Ok, if this is the case, how do I get the full benefit of this service during the time it takes you to fix it. It seems there should be some consideration for people like me who find bugs, perhaps a free month? Right now I can't really utilize the service as it is and this would seem to me to be an appropriate resonse on DTN's part. How long do you anticipate it will take to fix? What is your policy about pro-rating your service charges to help offset my loss during this time?

As far as the spreadsheets, they are the Sample DDE Spreadsheet that came with the Client.
I modified them to have selected stocks that form a group I use for my market research.
There's nothing unique, just oil sector stocks and others I get from InPlay and Cramer. The reason I use multiple workbooks is that you need to keep them separate otherwise you can't sort them they way I like.

As far as I'm concerned the new client is MUCH faster then the previous one and I for! one don't want to go back. I all fairness I didn't signup to be a beta tester, maybe we should discuss the terms and work something out.

As with any software on the market, nothing can be guaranteed to be bug free. We go through a development, testing and QA process as well as a beta test before releasing software. Things will always slip through unfortunately. Please feel free to contact customer support if you feel you should receive credit for your problem. A full month credit would be overkill since this particular issue only effects a very small portion of the overall operation of the product.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

dtn mike driscoll
-Active Trader Management-

Posted: Oct 11, 2005 08:23 AM          Msg. 5 of 8
This Message did not get posted:
The last part of your last sentence seems to an accurate acount if you use the service with another piece of third party software. However, since I only use the DDE interface I'm pretty much 100%
shut down by this bug. Since you state that this is such a small piece of the overall software can I infer that it should take a very small time to fix? Just a side question: How long did this version take to get this far? One year ,six months ?

If I do ask for a rebate from the billing department will you verify that my statement is correct
and I am indeed shutdown from the service do to this bug? I really don't want to get into contest
about this so I will use your response to backup my claim. Have you ever had anyone ask for a suspension of service while a bug is being fix? This would be an acceptable solution to me since
I really can't use the service as it is right now. I would appreciate your help in solving this matter.
End

If you would please contact us either by phone at 402-255-8787 or by email at.
support@dtniq.com
We can certainly discuss any options that would be agreeable to you.
Thanks
Mike Driscoll

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 5:28 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003